Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
Yeah, HOME's a great spiritual successor, though I remember some areas like (I believe it's 4? not 0? the one with the blood red area) Zone 4 being really annoying with the amount of puzzles it throws at you, and cryptic ones at that all the way to the end game.
I think the story is wonderful and it really highlights the Judge's journey and his turmoil to defeat the Batter against all odds.
And I just love the final boss' design, absolutely stellar work.
1649206582392.png
Orbit
Orbit
Oh yeah, the design is stellar. By far the best designed thing in the game and I enjoyed looking at it every time I fought it.

The puzzles can be good, boring, tedious, and then there's the 2 1 puzzle in zone 2. Took me forever to understand it. Zone 4 has many tedious ones, some good ones, and the end too, but I enjoyed having them after the combat became a little monotonous. Helps that I like puzzle games, but that 2 1 puzzle...

I'd like to mention how well zone 4 fit with the world of the game. The Judge could've just copy and pasted it into OFF and it wouldn't feel that out of place. I love the remakes of the other zones, but 4 is my favorite by far. Then there's the final area and that's it's own wonderful thing.
existingaccount
existingaccount
i liked the normal executioner form better just because i found the bad executioner form to just be a more exaggerated version of the bad batter
also that singular burnt (hard mode, bad executioner is definitely the hardest in normal) that you fight after winning the balloon game is the hardest boss and you cannot prove me wrong

oh, and NEW is also a pretty good OFF fangame, probably my favorite, but there are some small parts that make you want to cut the developer's face to remove their insufferable smile
Orbit
Orbit
I think the only "boss" that gave me issues was the burnt in zone 4, but I was able to pull through. Can't quite remember how I dealt with the burnt you're talking about, but pretty much every boss fight had me managing my health and cp. In my experience, the hardest battles were in zone 3 area 2. Getting hit for 400-500hp with my 600hp crew in one move and minimal items ain't fun. The few times I died were in there; the others were in Bismark.

And off I go to spend another weekend to play an OFF-like. Soon, I'll be able to make a full sentence with the titles of these games.