Orbit
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• Evil update: I just finished HOME. Great game. As close as a successor to OFF a fangame could get story-wise. The combat system, though still not perfect, is leagues better than whatever OFF had to show. The game started off a bit wonky but it manages to keep on giving all the way through to the end, and it even has a nice true ending.

That being said, getting to it was a pain as I spent 3-4 hours trying to figure out what I did wrong only to realize that I answered a question incorrectly some ways back. Good thing I kept a save file for it, otherwise I don't think I could've sat through another 5 hours retracing my steps and recollecting everything-

As a whole, I liked it as much as I did OFF.
    existingaccount
    existingaccount
    the screaming burnt constantly spammed hat trick, which took about 1/3 of my entire party's max hp. it had incredibly high agility. not fun.
    the screaming burnt after the balloon game is actually a different burnt than the other screaming burnts, same applies to the military burnt. Sanchiata's first fight was definitely the reason why zone 4 was so hard though, talk about an overwhelming fight

oh, and if you're playing NEW for the love of god play on silent, zone 3 is really fun on mediocre but once zone 3 is over it's nothing but pain until the final boss (speaking of which, the final boss is actually really fun!)
    Orbit
    Orbit
    Oh, I almost forgot about Shachihata's first fight. I'm not sure if I struggled more with him or the initial military burnt, but yeah, had a hard time with them both. With the screaming burnt, I think I remember having struggles with them too. Wish I was able to record the game to see how I managed : /

Also, thanks for the advice... but too bad I already started a save file on deadly and... oh man...
    existingaccount
    existingaccount
    then start a new save file on silent, you can only get to level 32 in one of the areas and it is definitely not enough to beat the boss there
    i only recommend playing deadly on NG+ because you get a headstart
    Finished playing OFF and, well, I think my brain is still trying to process what I saw. Great game in terms of everything besides the combat. Basically a spam Z simulator and maybe the down key gets pressed every now and again.
    Orbit
    Orbit
    Oh? Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out when I can aka when I'm writing this reply.
    ColdCallerLoopy
    ColdCallerLoopy
    Oh yeah HOME is amazing ,hands down one of the best fan games associated with OFF; the creator, The Judge, passed away a few years ago and the OFF translation team even put a credit to him in the game's credits, and that makes me smile.
    Orbit
    Orbit
    I saw. The summary of the game on the rpgmaker site dedicated a small section about him. It's sweet that they put him in the credits. A show of love after a strange and grotesque fever dream of a game.

I'll try to play through the game throughout the weekend. I won't expect it to fully live up to OFF (Just how I am with fan games), but I trust it'll be good on its own.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…