New profile posts

What's the photo in your banner from?
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
Hey~ Originally it's from The Way that rpgmaker game. I tried upscaling it a years ago?
RPG_RT_20-04-13-03-21-01.png

Great old game. Wanted to give it a facelift, but only did a little work towards it.
Jade
Jade
What's it about? I've never heard of it
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
It was the Cave Story of RPG rpgmaker games to me; in how lasting an impression it left.

The Way... "What is the way?"

It's a community award winning RPGmaker game released in 5 episodes.

What's it about... In my words, it's about a character named Rhue, a character who singularly seeks a girl named Serena. With unsteady memory, and a sharp blade he continously travels through a world of shifting dangerous mist, that forces people to migrate often to avoid being swallowed by the unknown. Along the journey, he will cross paths with a large cast. Perhaps joining forces temporarily as goals align, or crossing blades with the plunge, a duel system. He'll find himself entangled in plots and troubles, and I believe there are a variety of meaningful choices to be made which have some far reaching consequence.

Here's the official description for ep1:

Ep1:
"The Way follows the story of Rhue of Landorin, a young wanderer on a quest to regain a piece of his past. He's been searching the Way for many years already as Episode 1 begins. With his hopes diminishing further and further each day, he is setting a frantic pace for himself, desperate for a simple clue that might help guide him to that which he lost so many years ago. However, his situation and that of many others is about to become quite deadly as a shadow killer begins a murderous spree of destruction along the Way."

The creator of The Way has gone on to work on several other games that I know of:

The Way is a raw experience. RPGmaker graphics with occasional impressive rendered backgrounds, a large range of midi songs from various games however some nice originals; complicated RPGmaker events, mini-games and unique systems, along with classic RPGmaker battles... It was a very expansive experience at the time. He had a way of telling a compelling story that grew more refined and larger in scope each episode, and to this day I'll still attest to its worth against modern offerings. (Though, it has been what, 14 something years??? So, I'll have to replay it sometime to prove it still deserves such praise.)

Anyway, I think it was pretty popular in the RPGmaker community once upon a time... It doesn't even have downloads up on the official site anymore, huh.
RPGmaker.net appears down but it has a filehosting link here which appears to have it: https://rmn.rmarchiv.de/

It would probably make a good let's play~
somewhat abrupt : i dont think ill continue using these forums any longer. if you care enough about this, figure out my contact info and ask why. bye.
Don't mention me in political threads, I have other things to focus on. Thanks
kurosurintomasu
kurosurintomasu
honestly the "global politics" thread, while not actually about politics, is kinda just aimless in my eyes
Both the May 15, 2010 and November 13, 2010 Soaprun servers are still up and seems to be still running around the clock. No initialization so far at the time of writing this status, the NPCs are still may be somewhere else because of Soaprunner interaction, and all shade tile drawings still intact. Here's a video showing the most drawing rooms. (Fact: May 15, 2010 map has the most drawing rooms than November 13, 2010 map)

SoaprunDrawings5152010map-1.mp4 Recorded with Roxio MultiCam Capture.

More Soaprun servers with different maps are going to pop up soon because alula reached out to Pixel and got the source code of Soaprun and it's server cgi, now it's on the Soaprun page in the Tribute Site. alula shared even 2 more maps. The new servers with different maps will be available when it's done.

May 30, 2010 and June 19, 2010 are both better than May 15, 2010 because they both have modifications and have more Chase Demons.
oof.

Came back from the dead I guess.
ElecityZer0
ElecityZer0
I don't feel like getting into ALL of the details, but this is the basics of what happened:

In short, I was being transphobic and immature without realizing it, exiled myself from the Cave Story community for a bit, reflected on it since then, and came back to apologize.
kurosurintomasu
kurosurintomasu
ah.

honestly, being forgiven of your words isn't easy, but realizing that what you did was wrong and truly apologizing is the first step towards forgiveness
ElecityZer0
ElecityZer0
I guess so.. It's been sitting on my mind for a while. I didn't know how to address the issue, so I left it alone until I got into a better mental space.
I have some history to share during my playing of the earlier versions of Soaprun back in 2010. I constructed big PNGs of the whole maps of the earlier days. And each time there are some modifications in the updates, I only pasted small room modifications into the PNG.
March 13, 2010
April 10, 2010
April 28, 2010
May 8, 2010
May 15, 2010 (From 0.432? Some prior versions before that... Shared in 0.030 mod)
November 12, 2010 (From 0.432)
November 13, 2010 (From 0.432, Shared in 0.030 mod, most recent)

I also want to share the version 0.010 as well that is still lying around. I'm sure that the contents in the data folder are the same as the one from 0.020. This is the absolute single-room prototype and the Soaprunner can only move once per key press.

Lastly, my hilarious act involving lag, someone with the Shield of Storms and the Chase Demon going over the Safe Zone and purposely dying to flood the spawn point with corpses!
Brayconn
Brayconn
These are awesome! I'm a bit busy making code updates right now, but once I'm done that I plan to add more servers for each known map variation, so these are exactly what I needed/was hoping someone had.
DoubleThink
DoubleThink
More unlost content :orangebell:
Jade
Jade
Soap archeology
Maybe i should not be using forums at the age of 15
Jade
Jade
Dude dw lol we all were. I get how you feel. don't be afraid to go outside of your comfort zone and let people know how you feel about things, just try not to resort to personal attacks okay?
javvcke
javvcke
I feel like that is obvious but alright
javvcke
javvcke
After thinking about it, yeah, i'm out.
i was goint to post but i dotn thik im in the ,odtal sttate fot
Serri
Serri
What's blud cooking?
javvcke
javvcke
So this is what sleep deprivation feels like
Got a laptop last Christmas, it broke like the one before it…
What is it with these Windows laptops and them suddenly breaking on me without warning?
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
Is it one of those $300 ones?
BingusBoi05
BingusBoi05
Not sure.
It was of the brand "Gateway", and it had the godawful Windows 10 OS (not to mention it frequently demanded that I upgrade to the much worse Windows 11), a touchscreen that I rarely used, a trackpad that frequently stopped working, barely any storage space, and a one year free trial of Microsoft 365 that I almost never used.
If it is indeed $300, it is NOT WORTH THE MONEY.
I deeply regret some things I did, one of them was this new Banner on my profile, or having promised that I would be more active on this site one day in my life.
and be born
javvcke
javvcke
Atleast you aren't a regret ( hopefully )
Serri
Serri
Eh, it happens to everybody in this community. You're fine.