Your health/fitness regimens.

Aug 22, 2012 at 4:09 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Thumbs up for a nice body!

Also, forget about MyPyramid. Its vertical triangles look terrible and it is the result of political bickering. Enjoy the new, improved pyramid for the coming decades!

diph.php

Thanks much, Carrotlord. :D

And +100 for whole post. This is the pyramid that should be taught in schools, although I'd personally push the grains back to the level of fruits and veg. Thanks for making the distinction between different kinds of meat, too, because lean white meat is much healthier than red meat with the fat still on it.

EDIT:

Oh, and Trickybilly, if you're around, post your miracle regimen? I don't need to lose that much weight and it'd put me squarely in the underweight category, but getting back to my original weight would literally give me my life back. :| I'm willing to consider anything once.

Aug 23, 2012 at 3:07 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I love you too, WoodenRodent.

Th-thanks.

I've always wanted to hear that, because I seriously hate cardio. Running wrecks my knees and ankles even with proper technique and shoes, walking/biking for long periods makes me feel mentally unstimulated, etc etc. But, my heart is pretty weak, so I'm not sure if I should keep it up for that reason.

Either way, I've found that high-intensity interval training is worth it.

I can't vouch for HIIT, since I don't do it, I've tried regular cardio. Jogging in a park. Didn't work out too well. Maybe because I have terrible endurance.

Sounds good, so good luck. You might want to watch the protein though, if being all muscly is your goal. Thought about investing in a quality Whey Protein drink if you haven't already? If you're already using one and you're still falling under with your protein intake, I suggest LSA or tahini.

That's one of my goals, I want to have strength more though. I'll probably buy a tub of whey protein quite soon. I know this dude who sells it cheap, just gotta find his number lying around somewhere.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...yself/RedDressUnderFilterCauseIHateMySkin.jpg
I want my perfect hourglass figure back, dude. I do kinda have man shoulders though.

Yeah you look good.

Anyways, here's the pyramid I go by. I don't pay too much attention whether I'm not eating enough fruits/eating too much meat. I added in "calories", since it's important to get enough of them, otherwise you're just maintaining what you have (if not losing), and not gaining anything.

p155772-0-9iyasw.png

Aug 23, 2012 at 5:29 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I love the mustache guy.

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
My diet typically consists of at least one good meal a day (dinner), while the rest is a mix of whatever happens to be sitting around the house, ranging from healthy to I-probably-shouldn't-be-eating-this-every-day. A few months ago I started eating breakfast again for the first time since finishing high school, and more recently my sleep pattern magically improved itself (been getting up at 9-10 and going to bed no later than 1-ish), meaning that I can now get up early without feeling like shit all day for the first time in about 7 years :orangebell: Seeing as my stomach can't fit a lot in and I metabolise like a hummingbird, I'm more suited to smaller but more regular meals, so it's a bit hard to get a consistent eating schedule together.

The extent of the excercise I get is one serious walk per week (as a part of my 'job' (delivering junk mail) which I may have to give up soon if I get a proper one), cricket practice usually once per week while it's in season and various other little bits of work I do outside. Much like my diet, this has slowly been improving, so as long as that trend keeps up I'm happy. That way when I'm 70 I'll be eating nothing but celery and running daily marathons :droll:

Aug 26, 2012 at 3:48 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
So I spent a day vomitting and barely being able to walk. Worst feeling ever. Probably food poisoning.

I'm not sure if this is related, since puking isn't exactly a regimen.

Aug 26, 2012 at 4:04 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
It is if you're binge vomiting.

Aug 26, 2012 at 6:55 AM
So I spent a day vomitting and barely being able to walk. Worst feeling ever. Probably food poisoning.

I'm not sure if this is related, since puking isn't exactly a regimen.

I lost something like four pounds when I got food poisoning a month ago, it was pretty rad.

Sep 1, 2012 at 2:32 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
This week I started swimming in the mornings with a friend. We're going three times a week, but I might up the ante and do five days a week because I feel better throughout the day on the days that I swim. We only swim for about half an hour and only do between 1,000-1,500 yards, but it's still good to be doing something.

Sep 17, 2012 at 5:26 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I thought I'd make this thread since I haven't seen a (recent) one similar to it and because I'll be finally renewing my gym membership soon.

So three questions: what do you do for fitness, what's your diet like, and what kind of metabolism/body types do you have?
Fitness: Nada... for 15 years? Sometimes I go outside and stare about newly memorizing the brilliant sky, trees and life around.

Diet: Example normal : Melon and cereal with fruit and skim milk for breakfast. Something random for lunch... maybe like a sandwich (turkey, lettace, tomato, cheese), and soup; or maybe leftover dinner. Dinner wildly varies, maybe something like chicken florentine, spinach, a vegetable, maybe or mashed potatoes with some kind of wine reduction sauce, lettuce salad usually with tomato, avacado and some marginal sized dessert. I try to eat reasonably, so food spreads out for multiple meals, whether eating out or cooking.
I avoid snacks usually... though it can be fun to change things up every so often.

Metabolism: 127lbs (57.6 kgs), been that way as long as I can remember? Maybe 15 years? (+2 or -6)

Sometime I would like to radically adjust my fitness to be of normal or athletic...

Sep 17, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Today I did an hour of moderately intense cardio after being totally inactive for like three weeks.

I experienced heart palpitations, the arches of my feet hurt and I was overheating badly.

I am pathetic.

Sep 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
prognosis: too many potatoes

Sep 17, 2012 at 2:22 PM
prognosis: too many potatoes

Noxid, I think you have prognosis and diagnosis mixed up, because my prognosis being "too many potatoes" is so hilariously nonsensical it would make excellent Xavier material.

Also shh.

Sep 17, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
My prescription is that you eat things that are not potatoes.

And take your damn Calcium pills.

Sep 17, 2012 at 8:29 PM
The Eternal Darkness
I am pathetic.
I'm pathetic for not actually doing any sort of exercise (unless climbing ladders every day counts as exercise).

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:52 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I am pathetic.
I wouldn't agree, 43501. It can take an effort of both strength and will to get back into a workout routine after some time off. You might be a bit out of shape, but not pathetic. Fortunately, the 'out of shape' condition can be fixed by keeping at the workout regimen. ¡Sí se puede! You can do it!

But the importance diet and exercise to be healthy far outweighs the cosmetic intentions of it, in my opinion.
WD, it sounds like you've got the right idea here. People are often worried about looking a certain way rather than being healthy. I'm guilty of this at times, too, but the more I focus on getting in shape, the more I find that the aesthetic aspects of looking better take care of themselves. But you're also right that diet is a huge factor in getting in shape and generally being healthy, too.

I've been doing pretty well so far with keeping my swimming workout routine going in the mornings. Last week, my swim buddy and I broke a mile when we swam 1,800 yards (~1.65 km) in the morning. She couldn't make it this morning, but today I put down 2,050 yards (~1.83 km) in about 40 minutes. Right now we're only swimming on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, but I want to see if I can't get myself to the gym on Tues/Thurs mornings to do some extra strength training, mostly calisthenics like pull-ups, push ups, squats, lunges, and core workouts. Someday, I want to be able to do muscle-ups. And full planche push-ups.