Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Pronouns: he/him
Microsoft Sam.

May 26, 2009 at 12:42 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Umm

Umm, pretty sure you could get a good idea of his voice by listening to the yell he says when he takes damage, ^.^;

May 26, 2009 at 12:45 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
No, no

Captain Fabulous said:
No, no, you're doing it all wrong...
It's more like a "Ouupphff"

May 26, 2009 at 12:58 AM
Pronouns: he/him
Okay, so his voice is really squeaky. He talks in x2 speed?

May 26, 2009 at 1:05 AM
/end
Quote would have a deep robotic voice.

May 26, 2009 at 1:48 AM
with lots of static.
cause he's sketchy.

May 27, 2009 at 10:26 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Something interesting (in my little world '_'), if we go with the damage sound being Quote's voice, is that King has the same voice! (Cutscene after getting that fish necklace in the mimiga pond, when Toroko knocks King over).

May 27, 2009 at 10:54 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
That's because *gasp* King created Quote! Yes, that's why he's so different, and why his mission was to destroy the Crown, instead of capturing it. King used parts of destroyed robots to create his own, programmed him his own voice and sent him on the mission. Now it makes perfect sense!

May 27, 2009 at 11:44 AM
Now it makes perfect sense!
Honestly and without sarcasm, it does. It would explain why King's ghost haunts the sword he give Quote, it would explain why Prof.Booster looks shocked when he meets Quote, it would explain why King isn't scared by Quote when he drops down in the village, (he's keeping quiet about the fact that he sent Quote to rob the gunsmith of his new gun), and it would explain Quote's pale skin: he's colored like a mimiga. I'm now a neophyte to the theory that King constructed Quote.

May 27, 2009 at 11:58 AM
/end
But we know that both Quote and Curly were sent to the Island.

May 27, 2009 at 12:10 PM
We don't know wether King was born on the island or not. He could be an agent or scientist from the island, who worked with the robots, for the purpose of saving his fellow mimigas from getting shot or frenzied. So, he could've gotten to the island and... lost his memory, perhaps when helping Quote and Curly fighting whomever they were fighting (Ballos / Miakid), waking up somewhere without memory, and with just that sword as a souvernire. Since Curly notices King isn't with Quote (he perhaps got frenzied as a last attempt in that battle, which would explain his red eyes - people have tought so before, and Curly presumed frenzied mimigas don't return to normal but continue until they die), she don't mention him, presuming he's dead.

So, King was a scientist constructing Quote and Curly, even helping them fight, but he lost his memory and don't remember it.

- - - - -

Alternatively, Curly and Quote doesn't remember King since they didn't meet him after they got completed, he only worked closely with them before they had consciousness, or King could've just been a voice actor.

Somehow, anyway, King lost his memory on the island, was accepted into the Mimiga Village, and became the head of the village. Meanwhile, Quote was lying unconscious in the Start Point and Curly raised the Korons (who where only babies when Curly first found them, so a lot of time passed between the battle in the past and the game's story).

May 27, 2009 at 12:33 PM
This Troper
Isn't it just possible that Team Robot wasn't exactly sent to the Island? You know, the closest thing that suggest the game ever gets to that fact is when Curly says "When we got here, the Island was in a shambles."

May 27, 2009 at 1:43 PM
Isn't it just possible that Team Robot wasn't exactly sent to the Island? You know, the closest thing that suggest the game ever gets to that fact is when Curly says "When we got here, the Island was in a shambles."
A nice point.
*looks up the game script on gamefaqs*
*You find nothing of value*
OK, I'll just have to beleive you. For some reason, there were robots on the island, perhaps against their will. Two of those robots were Quote and Curly.

So, the game still doesn't exclude that Booster constructed Quote.

May 27, 2009 at 9:24 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
MetaSeraphim said:

Since technically Quote woke up in a room with one exit, no enemies, and a healing and item (missiles, they're an item) point, why is it impossible that someone just built him in there?

He didn't have any of the stuff the other robots did, and he had, what, "amnesia," but absolutely no damage on the outside? If he had fallen down there, there should have been a hole at the top. I'd imagine there would be, anyways.

Really, how do you break your brain in a small room without monsters?
Why can't he fix his memories at the health point? 'Cause they were never there.

May 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Eh

Nip this one in the bud, but quick...
We know Curly and Quote weren't built on the Island because Curly said they were sent there, after she regains her memory....
That, and Quote's always called a Surface-Robot.

And, maybe his amnesia isn't a psychical-issue?
Maybe it's a software error, or {Like someone else...} maybe even a virus from the other, greedier countries that wanted the Crown for themselves O.o;
{The other countries would be the ones who sent the other Robots}

May 27, 2009 at 10:00 PM
Banned
You never know. The ma pignon could have done absolutely nothing, and just made her think she remembered. I mean, how could a living mushroom fix a robot's robo-brain?

Things like that have happened IRL...

May 27, 2009 at 10:27 PM
This Troper
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Nip this one in the bud, but quick...
We know Curly and Quote weren't built on the Island because Curly said they were sent there, after she regains her memory....
That, and Quote's always called a Surface-Robot.

And, maybe his amnesia isn't a psychical-issue?
Maybe it's a software error, or {Like someone else...} maybe even a virus from the other, greedier countries that wanted the Crown for themselves O.o;
{The other countries would be the ones who sent the other Robots}
Curly never explicitly stated that the two of them were sent onto the Island, only "thousands of robots" and "when we got here". Also, Quote was called Surface-robot, as you said, because King had no other materials to build him than the destroyed killer robots. We also don't know when did Quote and Curly Brace meet? No, there is a room for reasonable doubt here, therefore Quote might have been built by King in the very Start Point! Ladies and gentlemen, I rest my case.

May 27, 2009 at 10:33 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heh...

Fire1052 said:
You never know. The ma pignon could have done absolutely nothing, and just made her think she remembered. I mean, how could a living mushroom fix a robot's robo-brain?

Things like that have happened IRL...
Um, do we have a humanoid-talking-rabbit race in real life? {Again, ironic how everyone shortens that...}
Also, we barely know how the mind works in real life {=P}, and seeing how advance the Robots are in Cave Story, as to have incredible sentience, the dwellers in that world obviously do.
So, it's still possible.

And maybe Ma-Pignon really did nothing.
Remember the power of the sugar pill.
Her mind might've just fought for it's memories, itself.....

And, jeeze Jack......Hope you're being sarcastic D=
There's already tons of evidence of them being built on the Surface...
Besides, if King built Quote, how did he get him all the way up to the Start Cave?
And, if he did, that means he also somehow got designs from the Surface {highly unlikely. I mean, how would he get down and back?}, as Booster recognized Quote as a Surface-Robot; something built off the Island....
And no, he couldn't have stolen designs from the Researchers, as they're researchers. Not engineers...

May 27, 2009 at 10:39 PM
Banned
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Um, do we have a humanoid-talking-rabbit race in real life? {Again, ironic how everyone shortens that...}
Also, we barely know how the mind works in real life {=P}, and seeing how advance the Robots are in Cave Story, as to have incredible sentience, the dwellers in that world obviously do.
So, it's still possible.

And maybe Ma-Pignon really did nothing.
Remember the power of the sugar pill.
Her mind might've just fought for it's memories, itself.....

And, jeeze Jack......Hope you're being sarcastic D=
There's already tons of evidence of them being built on the Surface...
Besides, if King built Quote, how did he get him all the way up to the Start Cave?
And, if he did, that means he also somehow got designs from the Surface {highly unlikely. I mean, how would he get down and back?}, as Booster recognized Quote as a Surface-Robot; something built off the Island....
And no, he couldn't have stolen designs from the Researchers, as they're researchers. Not engineers...

I'm saying that if she believed wholeheartedly that it would bring her memories back, she would at least come up with SOMETHING in her mind to help her cope, even if they're weren't REALLY her REAL memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back