Why is Quote a mute?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2009 at 10:42 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Loop!

Fire1052 said:
I'm saying that if she believed wholeheartedly that it would bring her memories back, she would at least come up with SOMETHING in her mind to help her cope, even if they're weren't REALLY her REAL memories.
Then again, how did she know the Ma-Pignon would bring back her memories?
Quote obviously said nothing, and Cthlulu guy didn't really like talking to her {If you remember what he said}, so she knew nothing of this fabulous mushroom of power. {Mario anyone? :D}
Thus, raising the problem of how she would of know to fake memories...
The Ma-Pignon must've worked, then....

May 27, 2009 at 10:43 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
VoidMage_Lowell said:
And, jeeze Jack......Hope you're being sarcastic D=
There's already tons of evidence of them being built on the Surface...
Besides, if King built Quote, how did he get him all the way up to the Start Cave?
And, if he did, that means he also somehow got designs from the Surface {highly unlikely. I mean, how would he get down and back?}, as Booster recognized Quote as a Surface-Robot; something built off the Island....
And no, he couldn't have stolen designs from the Researchers, as they're researchers. Not engineers...
Nah, I'm just seeing if this idea "sticks to the wall". Anyway...
These tons of evidence are rather easy to explain. None of it is direct, and King would want his creation to pass up as a surface robot, after all.
There might have been a ladder in the Village up to the First Cave (just like in Tale of the Cave) in the past.
Do you know the term "reverse engineering"? It means taking a machine and figuring out how it works. That said, with a number of destroyed robots... Well, you can do the math yourself.
But maybe it wasn't King who built Quote, but rather another villager. It was 10 years ago, there were thousands of Mimigas in the Village back then, King just have had to provide his voice to Quote...

May 27, 2009 at 10:44 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
No one really knows how the brain works.

She didn't fake the memories, her brain invented them. Out of thin air.
The cope with her supposed "amnesia," the brain would've come up with a way out, real or not, and because her BRAIN actually expected it to work, it sort of did, in her mind.

May 27, 2009 at 10:48 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heh..

T-Jack said:
Nah, I'm just seeing if this idea "sticks to the wall". Anyway...
These tons of evidence are rather easy to explain. None of it is direct, and King would want his creation to pass up as a surface robot, after all.
There might have been a ladder in the Village up to the First Cave (just like in Tale of the Cave) in the past.
Do you know the term "reverse engineering"? It means taking a machine and figuring out how it works. That said, with a number of destroyed robots... Well, you can do the math yourself.
But maybe it wasn't King who built Quote, but rather another villager. It was 10 years ago, there were thousands of Mimigas in the Village back then, King just have had to provide his voice to Quote...
That means he would have had to have built Curly too....
She remembered Quote and their entire mission
Which, makes it even less plausible =/

This idea is as sticky as a rock =D

And, again Fire, she had no idea what was going on when Quote shoved Ma-Pignon into her mouth.
She could have made herself breath fire, with the idea you're going with....
She had to have know that the Mushroom was going to restore her memory in order for her to fake some. But she didn't know what the Mushroom was going to do.
If she had know, she would have eaten it willingly.

May 27, 2009 at 10:50 PM
Banned
People can't breathe fire. People's brains CAN make shit up without them even knowing it's false.

Why else would she name everyone after punctuation?

May 27, 2009 at 10:52 PM
This Troper
VoidMage_Lowell said:
That means he would have had to have built Curly too....
She remembered Quote and their entire mission
Which, makes it even less plausible =/
Uh... no. As I said before, we do not know when Quote and Curly Brace met for the first time. First, she may have been from an entirely different manufacturer. And second, why would her also being made on the Island make the theory less implausible?

May 27, 2009 at 10:57 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Ugh...

Fire1052 said:
People can't breathe fire. People's brains CAN make shit up without them even knowing it's false.

Why else would she name everyone after punctuation?
Still missing the point.
She HAD to have known what Ma-Pignon was going to do if she was going to fake her memories.
But Quote never told her!
And the Cthulu guy didn't like talking to her, and doubtfully told her anything.
So it had to have worked =D!
Besides, she also remembered everything that happened during Cave Story.
She couldn't have faked those.

And the idea's even less plausible, Jack, because she was active 8 years or so before Quote was.
I don't think King's that much of a genius at engineering to make her so quickly after the first Robots showed up...
That, and why the hell would he stick her in Sand Zone to protect some Mimiga's there?
Why not keep her at the Village? To help stop the Doctor and protect Mimigas there? Instead of sending a random group of children with a Robot to a very dangerous place....

May 27, 2009 at 11:01 PM
This Troper
VoidMage_Lowell said:
And the idea's even less plausible, Jack, because she was active 8 years or so before Quote was.
I don't think King's that much of a genius at engineering to make her so quickly after the first Robots showed up...
That, and why the hell would he stick her in Sand Zone to protect some Mimiga's there?
Why not keep her at the Village? To help stop the Doctor and protect Mimigas there? Instead of sending a random group of children with a Robot to a very dangerous place....
I'm pretty much certain I said Quote was created during the war, not after it. What I mean is, that a certain Mimiga built his own teah of robots and sent them on a mission to destroy the Crown to get rid of the Island's curse (the curse of being target of power-hungry individuals).

May 27, 2009 at 11:07 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Hurmp...

T-Jack said:
I'm pretty much certain I said Quote was created during the war, not after it. What I mean is, that a certain Mimiga built his own teah of robots and sent them on a mission to destroy the Crown to get rid of the Island's curse (the curse of being target of power-hungry individuals).
Really. This is sounding like one of these silly conspiracy theories....
:D

But, uh, King didn't seem to know much about the Crown, and he's the head-honcho...
Remember the scene with Sue locked in the Cage by King and Jack?
It just seems really, really unlikely that they could build a super advance robot, but have no means to defend themselves from the Doctor.....
{Quote and Curly don't count, because they defeat the Doctor after he's already wrecked tons of havoc for so long}

{Btw, what was Teah suppose to be? XD Team?}

May 27, 2009 at 11:12 PM
This Troper
Hey, let's make a deal. Give me some time and I'll tell you all about this theory I can. There's just too much of it to type it quickly. Okay?
Oh, and yeah, teah was supposed to mean team...

May 27, 2009 at 11:14 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Deaf ears

T-Jack said:
Hey, let's make a deal. Give me some time and I'll tell you all about this theory I can. There's just too much of it to type it quickly. Okay?
Oh, and yeah, teah was supposed to mean team...
I don't know if I'll listen, XD
I'll probably debate it to the end.
It just sounds so freakin' silly to have King be the creator of Quote and Curly....
XD
I mean, the Mimiga's only source of electronics seems to be the lights, and that's if the glowing rock theory isn't correct.

May 27, 2009 at 11:30 PM
This Troper
Okay, I admit, Quote being built by King was a bit far-fetched, but that still doesn't mean that he wasn't built on the Island. I promise, the theory will be worth it.

May 27, 2009 at 11:31 PM
Banned
Hey guys?

How does who built Quote have anything to do with him being mute or not mute?

May 27, 2009 at 11:34 PM
This Troper
Hey, if you want to, I'll post the summary to a new thread.

May 27, 2009 at 11:35 PM
Banned
Yeah, that'd be good.
Don't want to get yelled at again.

May 28, 2009 at 12:36 AM
Been here way too long...
BACK ON TOPIC.
Quote would sound like that robot from I, Robot. The crazy one.
And Curly would sound like the sentry turrets from Portal.

May 28, 2009 at 12:37 AM
Banned
I dunno, I get the feeling people might notice that they're robots if they were like that.

Those voices are too perfect and generic.

May 28, 2009 at 12:42 AM
Been here way too long...
That's true. I suppose they just sound like normal teenagers. Not as cool, unfortunately.

May 28, 2009 at 12:46 AM
Banned
I'd imagine they sound like they do in TWEWY, but I'm religious about that game.

May 28, 2009 at 12:48 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heh

Cave Story Anthem, anyone?
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.