What's the best video game?

Sep 17, 2011 at 5:50 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I think it's GTA4 if you do not look at the vulgarities. What's your No.1 game (except Cave Story)?

Sep 17, 2011 at 7:00 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Elmo's Number Journey.

Sep 17, 2011 at 7:09 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Sep 17, 2011 at 7:15 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Chrono Trigger.

If that's too common, then The Company of Myself.

Sep 17, 2011 at 8:10 PM
Been here way too long...
Carrotlord said:
If that's too common, then The Company of Myself.

It's a good game, but of the millions and millions of games to choose from, that one is the second best of all time?
Tell me more.

Sep 18, 2011 at 8:34 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I'm assuming by video game you mean PC games too?

I had to give this one some thought.... I've played a lot of games, and it's a tough call. In the end I give the honor to :
Ultima VII (and I might even mention Ultima VIII : Pagan ...yeah I'm cheating quite a bit!)
Those games above all others created an experience I've yet to find anywhere else. If I were to describe what it was like playing U7 back then...

You know the sorta corny tale of Peter Pan? Well U7 created a world that was really fun to play, that was like visiting and finding your own personal world. And after all this time I still haven't seen a game that beats that atmosphere and interactive gaming.

I'd spend days and weeks (maybe months!) just travelling the world, learning about and speaking to the people; getting into trouble; or solving people's problems. You were the AVATAR, the symbol of hope for the people (although you've been gone a LONG time...).

Whether I was stealing food and running from the guards, or sneaking around sleeping dragons and stealing treasure; or talking to people and watching them go about their lives and not feeling like they were empty shell NPCs...

Well, I know I destroyed their world on more than one occasion, but if there's ever a fantasy world that I would ever go back to, that would be the one. It was a pretty perfect game right out of the box.

[There are countless epic and excellent games out there that are contenders for this title in my opinion; but, U7 just offers absolutely so much; and the fact that I haven't seen a game match it yet even though it's OLD]

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:08 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Well its got to be Sonic Adventure 2 for me. For a speedrunner there was just sooo much re-playability.

Second is Mirrors Edge.. I'm just in love with that game.. If it was'nt for Sonic being my childhood hero it would be up there at the top.. The desing and colors of it are amaazing and you wont quite get what I mean until you actually play it.. It has a certain charm and feels very Pure and Clear. And the soundtrack is amaaaaaazing! Especially the main theme which has so much passion put into it. Its the only Song I know what makes me feel the Exact same way the game does.

third place Is Halo, it was an epic game, Mostly because of its cut scenes and soundtrack, it really made the game intense.

You see Cave Story is an epic game but I never get the feeling I had when I first played through it no matter when or how I play it.. You know whats going to happen and it kind of kills it. Its still a great game though.

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:09 PM
"Huzzah!"
Klonoa 2 i have to say. Simply because it represents what makes games great. It removes you from your mundane reality into dreamland. It's full of classic 2D platforming goodness and its just a great game to chill out with. Then theres the adoreable main character and great soundtrack.

Heres a typical review, which speaks for itself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKHjUe6jNhk

Sep 19, 2011 at 2:40 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:27 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Sep 19, 2011 at 2:25 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
WoodenRat said:

I'm joking, you silly lithuanian you.
In all seriousness I can't tell you the best game, only my favorite.
But I do have a lot of respect for Doom for shaping the FPS world.

Sep 21, 2011 at 12:47 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Hi guys I'm back

In case I haven't gone on about Mystic Ark enough I can only keep recommending to anyone who at all likes that style of game. It is pretty much my second-favourite game ever now after Breath of Fire III, which is the best game that currently exists.

The best game ever is Beath of Flams, it just hasn't been made yet.

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:31 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Yakkers said:
I'm joking, you silly lithuanian you.
In all seriousness I can't tell you the best game, only my favorite.
But I do have a lot of respect for Doom for shaping the FPS world.

I know you are.

I have a lot of respect for Chrono Trigger.

Sep 21, 2011 at 8:22 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Mine is Megaman Legends 2. Too bad capcom cancelled MML3. :/

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:17 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Well, uhm...
Mother 3, I guess?
Nah. Good plot, AMAZING world and atmosphere, but it was merely great as a game, not innovative enough or new enough. Dwarf Fortress is good fun, but not finished... Uh...
I... Guess...
Oh god I can't remember :momo:

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:22 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Sep 22, 2011 at 12:31 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I've been playing Touhou 10, and right now it's the best.
at kicking my ass.

Sep 22, 2011 at 1:02 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
But are you enjoying getting your ass kicked?

Sep 22, 2011 at 1:10 AM
"Huzzah!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I've been playing Touhou 10, and right now it's the best.
at kicking my ass.

Touhou is a really great series for sure. I'd say the three best are yeah, Touhou 8, 10 and 11. Touhou 12 was ok... Touhou 13 was not. Touhou 13 wasnt memorable in the least. Unlucky 13 i guess. For sure though to get any good at them you need to practice obsessively.

I completed San Andreas recently, after playign many of the other games that largely feature the mafia and hearing that this game is apparently the best PS2 game evar. The good part was it was gigantic. The bad part was that none of the characters had the personality or wit i come to expect from the games. I just get a million stereotype carbon copies who say the N word white people cant say every 4 seconds and the F word ever 3 seconds. I didnt like the characters or story for sure, but it was fun enough.

I'll definetly be sticking with Klonoa 2 though. Just chills me out.