What Would Be Cool to See In Either a Re-Release or a Sequel to CS!

Nov 14, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
And who exactly was smashing your ideas?

Nov 14, 2013 at 2:49 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
MagicDoors said:
And who exactly was smashing your ideas?
If you would like to know, care to review the previous post that I have made and I think you will be able to guess their identity... :sue:

Nov 14, 2013 at 2:55 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I have had a little trouble with someone recently on some of my recent thread post. That is all I am going to say because it is know who did it and I would like to just to forgive and forget. If that is all right with you, Dunc.

Nov 14, 2013 at 3:02 AM
War criminal
QuoteSan said:
That is all I am going to say because it is know who did it and I would like to just to forgive and forget.
Oh my gosh, this sentence. What is know who did it?

Nov 14, 2013 at 3:07 AM
Professional Whatever
If you wanted to forgive and forget you wouldn't have posted a sob story

Nov 14, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Words how do they work...

MagicDoors said:
If you wanted to forgive and forget you wouldn't have posted a sob story
Thank you for your words of wisdom! You are the nicest person I have ever met by the way!!! :toroko2:

Nov 14, 2013 at 4:01 AM
Professional Whatever
So evidently you meant that I was smashing your ideas. So I ask again: who exactly was smashing your ideas?

Nov 14, 2013 at 4:03 AM
Yes, I really like how you answer your own question. What is this sorcery? It is like you know the answer or something? :debug:

Nov 14, 2013 at 4:04 AM
Professional Whatever
Please enlighten me. Can you quote the exact point at which I smashed your ideas, please?

Nov 14, 2013 at 4:09 AM
Ok, where would you like me to start...

\thread ends

Ok, where would you like me to start...

\thread ends

Nov 14, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Professional Whatever
I'm WAAAAAIIIIIIIIITIIIIIIING

Nov 14, 2013 at 4:29 AM
First,
My original post: "What is it that you guys are hoping to see in a new release of CS or in the possibility of a CS2? Personally, I am hoping for some extra content to be added like the Wind Fortress in CS+ or some extra side stories that may or may not relate to the main story of CS?"
Your post: "Something that isn't CS"
my reply: "So you would like if they added something like Icachan to the next CS or next re-release of CS?"
"I mean they need to get the fuck away from CS forever
They should have done that after the wiiware release."
My response to your response:"Ummmm, may I ask why you would be against new content in CS? Or the possibility of a sequel in the future?"
Your response:"What Lincoln said
I'm not against new content (well I am, but that's not the point), I'm against the same content being repeated over and over and over and over again
And we've already talked many
Many
MANY TIMES
ABOUT CS SEQUELS"
My reply:"Doors,
I apologize if I am reopening any previous threads, but I just wanted to know what people are possibly looking forward to in a future CS. Personally, I didn't mind the re-releases as much as some people ( although the "New Soundtrack" is the worst soundtrack IMO).

Again, Sorry if you are not in favor of re-releases of CS though I do understand what you guys are talking about..."

insert my post on CS++ or CS2

Your reply: *insert many links here*

My reply: "I apologize if I am wrong, but did you just back me up by showing that yes there could be a prequel/ sequel to CS. The only real problem would be how it would fit into the story-line of the Island (if it were to take place on the island) or of the mysterious "Surface"..."
Your response:"yes
there could
i'm saying we've discussed it too many times and came to a mostly solid conclusion that it's a really shitty idea"

"see, and I understand your reasoning behind this... making a prequel/sequel to this game would be very difficult and in the end could ruin the "charm" of the original. My only gripe is that I am simply trying to ask people what they are hoping in a previously discussed addition to CS. I apologize if this is a sore subject to discuss on this forum considering that it has been talked about for quite a while. I am just trying to get a feel for what other people may think that the game may need if anything (even though it is nearly perfect by itself).
Once again, Sorry if this is something that is spammed. I just really wanted to know something and I didn't think that it would effect anyone negatively..."
******************************************** the main problem starts here
Your response to my opinion on the fan translation: "Since when has a fan-made translation of the original game the "proper translation"? You can't just say it's right because it came first and you have a sense of nostalgia for it. In this case the official translation is the proper translation because it is the official translation. Don't get me wrong, I like the aeon genesis translation more, but that doesn't mean that there needs to be any bullcrap about getting credit to use that translation when they already have their own that works for them"
My reply:"All right, I am giving up my personal opinion because that seems to be what you guys want. And the fan translation was approved by Pixel to be accurate but you guys can believe what you want because I really don't give a sh*t anymore. It is not like anything I say matters."
Your response:"Stop being a little baby. Just because someone gives evidence against your ideas doesn't mean you get to throw a hissy fit. These forums aren't for smashing your beliefs or ideas, they're for providing discussion and giving arguments. If you can't take even that then don't post." *Rude*

And here we are... BTW thanks for making waste my time when you could have just looked back at the previous post on this thread. Thanks for valuing my time!

Also, very mature... "I'm WAAAAAIIIIIIIIITIIIIIIING" I mean really?

Nov 14, 2013 at 4:56 AM
Dear Andwhyisit,MagicDoors and anyone who this concerns:
I apologize for misinformation that I may have stated in this thread and I would like to say that I am eternally sorry to MagicDoors for causing an argument that I was stupid and I should not be attacking anyone for having an opinion. I am sorry if my behavior was seen as childish. If I was mean to anyone in this thread then I am very sorry and I will try to do better in the future.

Nov 14, 2013 at 5:03 AM
War criminal
Can someone just ban QuoteSan for pulling a Carrotlord?

Nov 14, 2013 at 5:18 AM
I was just trying to have a nice discussion on what people would like to see in a future CS release, and I was saddened that not many people shared my opinion that I may have hurt the people that I would like to discuss other topics with in the future. If anyone reading this was hurt by what I said, I am very sorry for what I have done and I can only hope that you can find it in yourself to forgive me. I only mean to be respectful and try to be informative if I can. Again, I am sorry MagicDoors if I was rude or mean to you at anytime in this thread. It was not my intent and I would like to apologize for this. :( Please I did not mean anything by what I said...

If you guys would like to ban me, I will accept what you see fit for me. :( I would however like to say that I am truly sorry and that I hope I can be forgiven for my bash, rude behavior toward the people who have come to this forum. I feel as though I should not even post on this site if I am going to treat people that I have and expect them to show me respect. I am sorry TLincoln if I said anything to you that you took offence to.

TLincoln said:
Can someone just ban QuoteSan for pulling a Carrotlord?
I am saying that I am sorry :'(

If I am banned, goodbye to the people that I have gotten to talk to, and I hope you guys have a great time... :(

Nov 14, 2013 at 6:25 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
So this is how users up their post counts so quickly...

Anyways, I don't see why you would be banned, though it's not for me to decide. Clearly it takes some time to adjust to the mindset and attitudes of some users. Maybe it was all a misunderstanding. But everyone, at some point, has or will have pulled off an idiotic stunt.

As for the original topic of this thread *ahem*, I don't really know. I've never played any of the re-releases of Cave Story so the only experience I've had with them is watching playthroughs. I recall answering this on another thread, but it's the fans that keep Cave Story alive, not the ongoing development of the game itself.

I am rather intrigued by the backstory of Cave Story. It's quite open to interpretation as much as it is finalized in the game's text. But mods seem to be taking care of that, for the most part. I haven't gotten around to playing a lot of mods yet. Most of them, lately, seem to be jokes.

Nov 14, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
QuoteSan said:
If I am banned, goodbye to the people that I have gotten to talk to, and I hope you guys have a great time... :(
Seriously you are not banned.

The thing is that many of us who have been around a long time can find the topic to be rather grating since it has been brought up so many times. Having to say the same answers over and over again can irritate somewhat. Though that doesn't really excuse Doors' attitude.

The point I was making was to not beat around the bush. If you have a point to make then make it. The beauty of forums is that you have all the time in the world to make a reply and we are quite happy to wait while you do so.

Nov 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Professional Whatever
Huhwhat
Alright honestly i didn't expect this let's see
In regards to my "attitude" i wasn't really targeting you until you started talking about throwing away your feelings, i mean the post before that could maybe be misconstrued as hostile but really it wasn't
After that you really did start getting hostile yourself and i guess i could have responded a little nicer, sorry
After that you started using blatant sarcasm to target me
At which point i asked you to show me what the problem was
Which you responded to with more sarcasm
Which i responded with a joke that i guess was a bit underground
And then i guess you uh, pulled a double wraparound and apologized?