What Would Be Cool to See In Either a Re-Release or a Sequel to CS!

Nov 13, 2013 at 1:33 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
What is it that you guys are hoping to see in a new release of CS or in the possibility of a CS2? Personally, I am hoping for some extra content to be added like the Wind Fortress in CS+ or some extra side stories that may or may not relate to the main story of CS.

Nov 13, 2013 at 1:37 AM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
To be honest, I really don't think Pixel will officially make a Cave Story 2. I don't really need a sequel, to be honest.

Nov 13, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
QuoteSan said:
What is it that you guys are hoping to see in a new release of CS or in the possibility of a CS2? Personally, I am hoping for some extra content to be added like the Wind Fortress in CS+ or some extra side stories that may or may not relate to the main story of CS.
Something that isn't CS

Nov 13, 2013 at 1:40 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Actually from what I have researched, Pixel after CS3D he said it is probably about time to start thinking about a sequel. But this thread is just to state what would be cool to be added to CS in the (possible) re-releases.

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Honestly, I just want more weapons. Weapons are fun.

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:07 AM
True! Although the weapons in CS were REALLY good, I would like it if they found a way to include more just to add to the awesomeness! :sue:

MagicDoors said:
Something that isn't CS
So you would like if they added something like Icachan to the next CS or next re-release of CS? :toroko2:

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Yeah, I really like the idea of additional weapons with a variety of uses. Of course, this is coming from someone who plays Mega Man a lot, so I'm in love with the idea of a plethora of varied weapons. I can't really think of anything else, except for maybe just more levels.

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Professional Whatever
QuoteSan said:
So you would like if they added something like Icachan to the next CS or next re-release of CS? :toroko2:
I mean they need to get the fuck away from CS forever
They should have done that after the wiiware release

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Ummmm, may I ask why you would be against new content in CS? Or the possibility of a sequel in the future?

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Serri Online
War criminal
As much as I love Cave Story, I don't want a repeat of re-releases like what happened to Sonic the Hedgehog and PacMan. These 3 games are all great, but is it really necessary to make a dozen ports and re-releases of them games?

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Professional Whatever
What Lincoln said
I'm not against new content (well I am, but that's not the point), I'm against the same content being repeated over and over and over and over again

And we've already talked many
Many
MANY TIMES
ABOUT CS SEQUELS

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:04 AM
TLincoln said:
As much as I love Cave Story, I don't want a repeat of re-releases like what happened to Sonic the Hedgehog and PacMan. These 3 games are all great, but is it really necessary to make a dozen ports and re-releases of them games?
Lincoln,

I understand what you are saying, but I am thinking it would be nice if they actually gave fans a reason to buy the again (namely new content). I am just saying Pixel stated that he wants to make a sequel to this game, but of course it is going to take time. I would love to actually have a reason to buy the next CS if they added something cool (again the Wind Fortress :mrgreen: ) or extra character stories like (not the same as mods) Curly's Story or the Sue's Story mod.

MagicDoors said:
What Lincoln said
I'm not against new content (well I am, but that's not the point), I'm against the same content being repeated over and over and over and over again

And we've already talked many
Many
MANY TIMES
ABOUT CS SEQUELS
Doors,

I apologize if I am reopening any previous threads, but I just wanted to know what people are possibly looking forward to in a future CS. Personally, I didn't mind the re-releases as much as some people ( although the "New Soundtrack" is the worst soundtrack IMO).

Again, Sorry if you are not in favor of re-releases of CS though I do understand what you guys are talking about... :toroko2:

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Serri Online
War criminal
I DO wonder what project Pixel will do after Gero Blaster, though. Most likely something that isn't Rockfish.

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:17 AM
TLincoln said:
I DO wonder what project Pixel will do after Gero Blaster, though. Most likely something that isn't Rockfish.
Maybe CS 2 or CS++... :p

Yeah, Rockfish I believe was completely scrapped for unknown reasons... ( // I think he just didn't want to do it anymore) :mahin:

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:52 AM
MagicDoors said:

I apologize if I am wrong, but did you just back me up by showing that yes there could be a prequel/ sequel to CS. The only real problem would be how it would fit into the story-line of the Island (if it were to take place on the island) or of the mysterious "Surface"...

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:06 AM
Professional Whatever
yes
there could
i'm saying we've discussed it too many times and came to a mostly solid conclusion that it's a really shitty idea

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:15 AM
MagicDoors said:
yes
there could
i'm saying we've discussed it too many times and came to a mostly solid conclusion that it's a really shitty idea
I see, and I understand your reasoning behind this... making a prequel/sequel to this game would be very difficult and in the end could ruin the "charm" of the original. My only gripe is that I am simply trying to ask people what they are hoping in a previously discussed addition to CS. I apologize if this is a sore subject to discuss on this forum considering that it has been talked about for quite a while. I am just trying to get a feel for what other people may think that the game may need if anything (even though it is nearly perfect by itself).

Once again, Sorry if this is something that is spammed. I just really wanted to know something and I didn't think that it would effect anyone negatively... :toroko2:

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:23 AM
Serri Online
War criminal
All in favor for ending this thread, then?

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:25 AM
All in favor of never doing a thread again... :confused:

Or at least not on this topic...