What the heck is Balrog?

Aug 17, 2015 at 6:01 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Balrog has to be a toaster. Maybe his "wings" are the things you push down to cook your bread. The floating island not only homes mimiga but apparently flying toasters as well.

Aug 21, 2015 at 12:07 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Aeternum said:
The floating island not only homes mimiga but apparently flying toasters as well.
p175162-0-toaster1.jpg

Aug 21, 2015 at 2:03 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I remember watching that many years ago. It was sort of dark for a kids movie. At least one of them was.

Aug 22, 2015 at 4:56 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
he could be a pillow made living by misery :/

Sep 6, 2015 at 3:13 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I thought it was confirmed he was a giant robot soap bar?

Sep 6, 2015 at 4:20 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
he will always be a toaster to me

Sep 7, 2015 at 2:55 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I've heard that his design was based off of a bar of soap, but I haven't gone through the trouble of asking Pixel myself to confirm it.

Sep 12, 2015 at 5:19 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Ehh.. so i won't say anything funny, like he's a toaster, i'll say my THEORY, because these are THEORIES.
Then, here i go.
Balrog calls Jenka 'auntie' in her house, and aunt is your father's/ mother's sister, and Jenka's brother's is Ballos. So, Ballos could create balrog somehow, because he have magic powers. Maybe he created him to help him? And the second theory is that Balrog is calling Jenka auntie because he was created by Misery, but he doesn't treat her as mother, but like sister or just like friend, so he calls her mother auntie. But Ballos theory is better for me, because if he was created by him and he watched him as he is doing good things, he learned something and that's how he is 'the good guy' in the end. I don't know, i just know that he was created by Misery or Ballos. BTW, sorry 4 my English, i am from poland.

Dec 23, 2015 at 3:53 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
My guess is a toaster or the kool-aid man in disguise. Why did you change the catchphrase Nicalis?

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:37 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Dec 23, 2015 at 9:27 PM
"Forever coffee..."
It could just be a robot.
A robot made by an amusement park in America, with no sense of morality.
They created it.
A nightmare.
He's coming for you.
RUN.

But seriously, it's probably just a robot made by people on the surface that's acquainted with Jenka, Misery, etc.
I do know from a friend that Brazilian kids call female friends of their parents "aunt", so maybe Balrog is Brazilian.

Feb 21, 2016 at 2:17 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It robotic "thing" made by doctor. You can get it in intro. I hope finally someone get it.:)

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:27 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
My personal headcanon is that Balrog is a magical construct that Misery created to do her bidding and was enslaved along with her when she forced Ballos to create the demon crown.

Pooh Black was likely a failed previous attempt at such a construct that was abandoned in the Labyrinth, given the similarity in appearance.

Feb 22, 2016 at 3:16 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
According to some dictionary websites Balrog in english is a fiery demonic creature. The term was coined by... J.R.R Tolken and Diablo II. *Sigh*. Guess there is nothing there to go off. I don't remember Balrog ever having fire powers. But it would be pretty freaking cool if Balrog made a random appearance in Lord of the Rings yelling "HUZZAH"!

But appearently Balrog is a noun in multiple other languages with no translation. Balrog is a masculine noun in French, German, Polish, and Russian. It is a regular noun in some other languages like Japanese, Swedish, etc.

And there is no translation for any of these words so I am guessing they are the same thing.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2016 at 7:58 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
The term was coined by Tolkien in Lord of the Rings: it's the giant demon with the whip that confronts the fellowship in Moria.

Feb 22, 2016 at 8:31 PM
I can see that now, I think I misread the last post as saying "J.K. Rowling." That would have made Harry Potter... interesting to say the least.