What determines the effect of the Red Flowers?

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:40 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Re: Yay for new theories

Someone explain how you feed Red Flowers to an egg. It sounds difficult, especially when you're a raging hulk. The Dragons didn't hatch, they were forced out of their eggs.

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:57 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Downer...

Eh, just replace "feed" with "inject", or something similar.
They were "exposed" to Red Flowers.
As for the raging hulk problem, he operates lazor shielding pretty well :rolleyes:

Dec 4, 2009 at 10:34 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Re: Just What Is The Core???

Soo...
The properties of the Red Flowers are...
  1. Increase the strength of living creatures.
  2. Revive dead things.
  3. Drive living and dead things into a frenzy.
  4. Provide some kind of power to make an island levitate.
  5. Grant advanced psionic powers (Red Crystal).
  6. They look badass.

Durr...
*Tries to resist the urge to draw a connection between the red flowers and alchemy*

Also, Lowell, I thought we figured this out: Igor didn't operate the lazer shield, he just walked through it.

Dec 4, 2009 at 12:40 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Re: Just What Is The Core???

DragonBoots said:
  1. Increase the strength of living creatures.
  2. Revive dead things.
  3. Drive living and dead things into a frenzy.
  4. Provide some kind of power to make an island levitate.
  5. Grant advanced psionic powers (Red Crystal).
  6. They look badass.
  1. No objections here.
  2. Well, that or make the user not die in higher doses (eg. Doctor)
  3. Again, no objections here (only you may want to change "dead" to "undead")
  4. I doubt that, but then again, it explains why the Red Flowers were stored in the Sand Zone Storehouse instead of being destroyed.
  5. OBJECTION! Enraged Busty Mimiga Sue possesses no psionic powers, even though she was affected by the Crystal. Most likely these were caused by the Crown.
  6. Not as badass as Kanpachi, though.

Dec 4, 2009 at 10:39 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
T-Jack said:
  1. No objections here.
  2. Well, that or make the user not die in higher doses (eg. Doctor)
  3. Again, no objections here (only you may want to change "dead" to "undead")
  4. I doubt that, but then again, it explains why the Red Flowers were stored in the Sand Zone Storehouse instead of being destroyed.
  5. OBJECTION! Enraged Busty Mimiga Sue possesses no psionic powers, even though she was affected by the Crystal. Most likely these were caused by the Crown.
  6. Not as badass as Kanpachi, though.
I'd just like to argue with 4 and 5 real quick....
Another reason for Jenka keeping the Flowers could be because of the possibility of another Robot attack....
Code:
Had the red flowers not
existed, the Mimigas might
have vanished entirely<NOD
from the island...<NOD<CLR
Said Jenka.
Also, Enranged Sue might've had psionic powers....
I mean, how else did she float in the air after executing all of those spiral spins?
DragonBoots said:
Also, Lowell, I thought we figured this out: Igor didn't operate the lazer shield, he just walked through it.
I dunno if he could've without taking massive damage {The Lazor's are strong enough to shove Quote backwards, and Igor walked through them? Carrying a prone Mimiga/Human?}, and he was well enough to fight Quote pretty hard.
He was also able to perform speech and remembered his reason for being in the Egg Corridor, along with attempting to fulfill that purpose, so he's not completely mindless.....

Dec 4, 2009 at 11:32 PM
This Troper
VoidMage_Lowell said:
I'd just like to argue with 4 and 5 real quick....
Another reason for Jenka keeping the Flowers could be because of the possibility of another Robot attack....
Code:
Had the red flowers not
existed, the Mimigas might
have vanished entirely<NOD
from the island...<NOD<CLR
Said Jenka.
"I doubt that", said I.

VoidMage_Lowell said:
Also, Enranged Sue might've had psionic powers....
I mean, how else did she float in the air after executing all of those spiral spins?
And how exactly is that a psionic power? Unless you get stronger evidence, I say she floats by the sheer badass.

VoidMage_Lowell said:
I dunno if he could've without taking massive damage {The Lazor's are strong enough to shove Quote backwards, and Igor walked through them? Carrying a prone Mimiga/Human?}, and he was well enough to fight Quote pretty hard.
He was also able to perform speech and remembered his reason for being in the Egg Corridor, along with attempting to fulfill that purpose, so he's not completely mindless.....
Yeah, we have a forcefield that makes the small boy robot jump back. Boy oh boy, how would ever that giant rabbit monster be able to jump through? While holding that smaller rabbit monster that survived four Igor's punches?

Also, the fonted text is a bitch to quote. Just sayin'.

Dec 4, 2009 at 11:43 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Diss mah font?

T-Jack said:
"I doubt that", said I.
Well, I just supported your doubt :D;
T-Jack said:
And how exactly is that a psionic power? Unless you get stronger evidence, I say she floats by the sheer badass.
Well, we don't have anything else to explain why she floats, but we do have the Doctor gaining extreme psionic powers when he gets ahold of the Red Crystal....
There's a connection, or at least, there's more evidence to support her having powers then her not having them.

T-Jack said:
Yeah, we have a forcefield that makes the small boy robot jump back. Boy oh boy, how would ever that giant rabbit monster be able to jump through? While holding that smaller rabbit monster that survived four Igor's punches?
The small robot boy who defeats the Doctor wielding the Red Crystal, twice, and kills the almighty Ballos.
But, there's not really much to support either case....
{Why did Quote have to kill him, we could've learned so much...}
T-Jack said:
Also, the fonted text is a bitch to quote. Just sayin'.
But everyone loves it :rolleyes:

Dec 4, 2009 at 11:53 PM
This Troper
Yeah, diss yah font!

VoidMage_Lowell said:
Well, I just supported your doubt :D;
No, you just gave me another theory to doubt.

VoidMage_Lowell said:
Well, we don't have anything else to explain why she floats, but we do have the Doctor gaining extreme psionic powers when he gets ahold of the Red Crystal....
There's a connection, or at least, there's more evidence to support her having powers then her not having them.
How 'bout "She would be a really crappy subboss, had she not floated"? Or "Misery/Doctor holds her up"? Seriously now, the lack of evidence is evidence, too. If she has psionic powers, why doesn't she use them?

VoidMage_Lowell said:
The small robot boy who defeats the Doctor wielding the Red Crystal, twice, and kills the almighty Ballos.
But, there's not really much to support either case....
{Why did Quote have to kill him, we could've learned so much...}
Skill does not equall mass.

VoidMage_Lowell said:
But everyone loves it :rolleyes:
Define "everyone".

Dec 5, 2009 at 12:01 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
*Sniff*

T-Jack said:
How 'bout "She would be a really crappy subboss, had she not floated"? Or "Misery/Doctor holds her up"? Seriously now, the lack of evidence is evidence, too. If she has psionic powers, why doesn't she use them?
Maybe she's just limited to using telekinesis to allow her to do her fancy flying cartwheels and then float in air?
And when I said "lack of evidence", I was wanting you to create your own theory, instead of just bashing this one.
T-Jack said:
Define "everyone".
Really, I just count everyone who doesn't say anything negative about it. :D;
But I was being sarcastic, trying to get you to laugh, sheesh....

Dec 5, 2009 at 12:15 AM
This Troper
And take that stupid hat off!

VoidMage_Lowell said:
Maybe she's just limited to using telekinesis to allow her to do her fancy flying cartwheels and then float in air?
And when I said "lack of evidence", I was wanting you to create your own theory, instead of just bashing this one.
One you actually didn't say that. And two, pointing out inconsistencies and offering alternate explanations counts as bashing now?
But come to think of it, if Red Crystal (condensed Red Flowers) make Sue float, maybe they do make the Island float as well.

VoidMage_Lowell said:
Really, I just count everyone who doesn't say anything negative about it. :D;
But I was being sarcastic, trying to get you to laugh, sheesh....
Well it didn't work.

Dec 5, 2009 at 12:30 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
S-stupid...?

T-Jack said:
One you actually didn't say that.
Yeah, I just assumed it under the generalization of "psionic powers"....
T-Jack said:
But come to think of it, if Red Crystal (condensed Red Flowers) make Sue float, maybe they do make the Island float as well.
Which makes explaining things like this so darn hard.
We barely have a clue about what the Red Flowers actually do....

Dec 5, 2009 at 12:38 AM
This Troper
Yeah! It's all dumb and red and white and stupid and TAKE IT OFF!

VoidMage_Lowell said:
Yeah, I just assumed it under the generalization of "psionic powers"....
Ah well...

VoidMage_Lowell said:
Which makes explaining things like this so darn hard.
We barely have a clue about what the Red Flowers actually do....
So let me get this straight. "We don't know what they do, but they certainly don't do that," is that correct? Well, maybe you didn't notice, but finding out what the hell they do is the whole point of, well, not this thread, but several others, as well as a reason of this subthread's existence. Therefore I ask "If Red Flowers make people fly, why can't they make islands fly as well?"

Dec 5, 2009 at 12:55 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
You, ser, are getting coal for Christmas!!

T-Jack said:
So let me get this straight. "We don't know what they do, but they certainly don't do that," is that correct?"
Hu--what?
I didn't say anything about them not letting the Island fly, I was saying I have no freakin' idea about what they can or can't do, anymore...
You're mentioning of the Red Flowers just reminded me, and since we're STILL finding out new things about the Red Flowers, that it makes things like explaining how Sue floats through the air when in Enraged form or if they make the Island float so difficult.
As well as everything else related to them...
T-Jack said:
Well, maybe you didn't notice, but finding out what the hell they do is the whole point of, well, not this thread, but several others, as well as a reason of this subthread's existence.
I know, I joined in one.
Which is why I'm a little put out at the newest connection's we're still making about the Red Flowers....
{EX: They seem to bring back the dead and possibly give powers of levitation in strong concentrations}
T-Jack said:
Therefore I ask "If Red Flowers make people fly, why can't they make islands fly as well?
At this rate, I'm about to say "With Red Flowers, anything's possible!!"

Dec 5, 2009 at 1:06 AM
This Troper
Well... You're ugly!

Well, about that "bring back the dead" business, I'd actually say that they just make you not die. You know, like after Quote defeats the Doctor (twice). The original argument was that maybe the Dragon eggs were injected with the Red Flowers, which somehow made the baby dragons come back to life after their eggs were smashed. Well, I think that after the self-destruct system was set off (yeah, I won't shut up about that, will I?), the dragons died but really didn't (sorta like the Doctor, eh?). So in conclusion, it's not a new concept, but rather a canonical one used in a new way.

Dec 5, 2009 at 11:12 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
The red flowers should only alter physically and force a berserker state in the subject. They may possibly bring the subject back to life but that is disputable. The red crystals are a condensed form of the red flowers and should ultimately have the same effect. Any powers outside of that in the core fight (such as Sue's levitation) would have to come from the crown bearer.

Dec 5, 2009 at 11:26 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
andwhyisit said:
Any powers outside of that in the core fight (such as Sue's levitation) would have to come from the crown bearer.

I don't know, it's pretty hard to wear a crown when your body is nothing more than floating, gorey things.

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:45 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I don't know, it's pretty hard to wear a crown when your body is nothing more than floating, gorey things.
Perhaps the crown has some sort of quality that allows it's powers to be used remotely. I 'dunno. Maybe if left untouched and not used by another?

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:25 AM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
He didn't have the crown when died, he was using the power of the red crystal.

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:25 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Why come don't more people think of this like LotR? This crown seems to harness Ballos' powers with the bearer eventually succumbing to his power in turn. That's good enough for me.

Jan 23, 2010 at 8:17 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
the effect of the Red Flowers? explained (scientifically

I always thought that the flowers where not magic at all, but had the a chemical effect on the mimagas, much like how cat nip affects cats... or how alcohol affects humans. Also note that cat nip will not affect humans just as alcohol will not affect cats.

The red flowers act as a drug for the mimiga who ingests it and also will not affect other species. The red flowers must have such a high concentration of the drug that the mimiga are unable to think clearly and become enraged (and usually get killed somehow). I do remember the doctor finding a way to make the drug in the flowers to affect humans as well, he must have changed the properties of the flowers somehow (...ill think of something :( ).

any one else have any better ideas?