Unnamed sci-fi MOD in dev!

Apr 11, 2010 at 6:28 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
:/
I am dissappoint.
I really don't care about the patchwork quote going loco and murdering a certain someone, but I feel that you had such a good premise for a story at first, and now you're just throwing half baked ideas into the mix. The original idea was awesome. Quote fighting crazy stuff in a lab on earth, with no unneeded references to the original characters. It was unique in having just quote, and none of the dumb supporting cast. It was cool. Then, you gave the idea of a patchwork quote made by a crazy scientist person who was given quotes memory chip by kazu. This was also cool, because of all the possibilities it opened up, and the appearance of kazu was brief enough and realistic enough to keep the original vibe. The main awesome part of your story was still old quote fighting in the messed up lab and patchwork quote being weird in the den of the scientist/kazuma. Now you've shifted the majority of your story to after all this fun stuff happens, and as a poorly thought out mcguffin, you're trying to bring back to life a dead robot and kill yourself. Woo.

I might be the only person who really dislikes the way this is going, but please tell me why you changed the focus of your story so much.

As for weapons:
Nemmy - Real easy to make, if you had any fears about that.
Mine Launcher - Waaaaay to like the timebombs in original sin for my liking. I won't make it for that reason, but you could change this to a completely still polar star blast etcetera. Also really easy.

Apr 11, 2010 at 6:50 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Well, I hate to admit it, but
I was planning on leaving curly dead (I guess I'm just cruel like that) : P

uhh you know how make broken nemesis?

and ok, missile launcher idea may not be as original, I can go without it.

And kazuma will be in the labratory (booster not?) for the greater portion of the game.

also: gameplay mechanic question. What should I make the mimiga mask look like? I mean, having the mimga mask in your inventory would be a little weird

and I didn't really flesh out those "half baked" ideas, they were only potential ideas.

Apr 11, 2010 at 6:57 PM
You can equip the mask without having it in your inventory.
Also, please go through and re-read what I said. Please.

Apr 11, 2010 at 7:18 PM
Wait... Curly dies in the medium ending... so none of the curly stuff can happen... haha oh well

EDIT:
diph.php

final? patchwork. added better hair.

Apr 12, 2010 at 12:54 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Ah, I see...yeah, it does look better with the hair sticking up like that.

I fixed a few little errors...it should be pretty much finished now, I think. It's come a long way in a short time!

diph.php

Apr 12, 2010 at 1:56 AM
Alkerion said:
Ah, I see...yeah, it does look better with the hair sticking up like that.

I fixed a few little errors...it should be pretty much finished now, I think. It's come a long way in a short time!

diph.php
Yes finished. How did you change it?

Apr 12, 2010 at 1:59 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
cultr1 said:
Yes finished. How did you change it?

A few of the stiches were in the wrong colour and one of PatchQuote's sprites had the sticked up hair in the wrong place.

Apr 12, 2010 at 2:06 AM
p98352-0-mrburns.jpg

Excellent. *credited*

But I still need a bit o' help with animating sprites, a basic help from anyone would be much appreciated! :o

Apr 12, 2010 at 2:16 AM
Heh, a Mr Burns approved mod...

Anyway, I changed the Sue-edited sprites to match the changes of the main one:

diph.php

Oh yeah, and since they're pretty much finished now, I'll put up the .pbms for download and send you the links...

Apr 12, 2010 at 2:19 AM
Uhh in the sue replacement quote, his red eye is white in all sprites :0

Apr 12, 2010 at 2:28 AM
But...that's what you said you wanted earlier!

cultr1 said:
Extra credit:
can you replace sue with patchwork quote but with a greyish blue eye instead of red? Like in the normal (left) facepic of patchwork quote, for cutscenes and such.

Unless you want a slightly different colour now...:o

Apr 12, 2010 at 2:43 AM
Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant darker than his patch (see patchwork facepic):o

also, i just realized I need patchwork quote on another npc (probably curly brace) but with red eyes, and replacing curly brace the boss (also with red eyes) sorry for extra work :o I can do some if you want

Apr 13, 2010 at 2:43 AM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
cultr1 said:
also: gameplay mechanic question. What should I make the mimiga mask look like? I mean, having the mimga mask in your inventory would be a little weird
Don't worry about it; you don't need the mimiga mask.
Lace said:
You can equip the mask without having it in your inventory.
This.

cultr1 said:
Wait... Curly dies in the medium ending... so none of the curly stuff can happen... haha oh well
Though you can save Curly and still not get the best ending.

Apr 13, 2010 at 2:38 PM
Alright, here's the new 'normal' eye colour for PatchQuote...I copied it straight off the face image, so it should be fine now...

diph.php

And here's the PatchQuote boss fight sprites:

diph.php

Should I overwrite Curly's 'NpcRegu' sprites as well?

Apr 13, 2010 at 3:09 PM
Yes please! We need a sprite sheet to be animated when he's evil. (red eyes please)

@Celtic thanks a bunch, that really helps. But I thought the island crashes to the ground and everyone on it is pretty much dead?

Apr 13, 2010 at 3:58 PM
cultr1 said:
I thought the island crashes to the ground and everyone on it is pretty much dead?

Well...I guess it's implied but I don't think it's ever actually shown what happened to the Island after it fell.

Here's the Chaotic PatchQuote sprites replacing Curly's:

diph.php

Apr 13, 2010 at 9:53 PM
In front of a computer
cultr1 said:
@Celtic thanks a bunch, that really helps. But I thought the island crashes to the ground and everyone on it is pretty much dead?
All that is known is that it crashes to the ground, and the Sakamoto family escapes along with Quote, Itoh, and (maybe) Booster. The fate of everyone else alive on the island at the time it falls is unknown. So, Curly might have died in the fall, true. Or she might have escaped somehow. The same goes for all the surviving Mimigas, Jenka, Misery, Balrog...

Apr 13, 2010 at 10:48 PM
But I don't want curly in my mod. I want as little orginal characters as possible:D

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:28 AM
YES THANK YOU.
Sorta murders a bit of your plot though, how's this gunna work out?

Let's say you start out in the bottom of the scientists weirdo lab thing and wander aimlessly for a bit, killing things that are suspiciously like mimigas. Then you learn about the ventilation and go to fix that, coz you dunt like enemies in your lab. Along this path is where you're going to introduce someone new, like in cs when you find toroko and miza pops up. But not teleportion, someone who was already there.

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:33 AM
In front of a computer
cultr1 said:
But I don't want curly in my mod. I want as little orginal characters as possible:D
Fair enough.