Undertale

Jan 16, 2017 at 3:02 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
There is a huge difference between suggesting that someone's opinion is shallow versus suggesting that someone is shallow. GIR never called you "shallow".

An insult is an insult.

Both of your prior posts seem to have implied that you attribute "played by a human" as a defining quality. I'm sorry if you find this offensive, but you are basically railing against GIR because of miscommunication on your own part.

GIR also misinterpretated what I was saying and put words in my mouth.

This: "For me, hearing the instruments and thinking about how there is a completely ordinary person playing each of those instruments and how they are putting their mark on a masterpiece is fascinating and elevates the experience."
And this: "I can listen to this and feel comfort knowing a human made those sounds with their hands."

Are not even remotely the same thing. "Respect and fascination" are not the same as "comfort", and imply different ideas and emotions.

We are members here too, and human beings. Please stop expecting us to act like soulless robots.
I expect better behavior from people who are supposed to judge the behavior of others. Not only that, but what compelled GIR to attack my opinion in the first place? What benefit did that have to the thread as a whole?

Jan 16, 2017 at 5:21 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Apparently disagreeing with someone's method of evaluating content is insulting now.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2017 at 12:10 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
An insult is an insult.
Like accusing someone of something they never did.

And he is calling an opinion that, according to you, you apparently never had "shallow". Where's the insult?

GIR also misinterpretated what I was saying and put words in my mouth.
I misinterpreted it that way, everyone else here probably misinterpreted it that way. Once again I must stress your poor choice of words. None of us are mind readers and we can only react to the words you write, no matter how you intended them.

I expect better behavior from people who are supposed to judge the behavior of others. Not only that, but what compelled GIR to attack my opinion in the first place? What benefit did that have to the thread as a whole?
I'm pretty sure that we are also allowed to have opinions on the internet. I have no qualms about people expressing their opinions, so why should I have a different set of rules for moderators?

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2017 at 2:33 AM
Like accusing someone of something they never did.

I misinterpreted it that way, everyone else here probably misinterpreted it that way. Once again I must stress your poor choice of words. None of us are mind readers and we can only react to the words you write, no matter how you intended them.

I'm pretty sure that we are also allowed to have opinions on the internet. I have no qualms about people expressing their opinions, so why should I have a different set of rules for moderators?

Whatever, I can see where seniority and popularity trump logic and reason. I'm done discussing this, all of us probably have better things to do.

Jan 17, 2017 at 3:00 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
seniority and popularity trump logic and reason
I doubt you will believe me if I said that I am being unbiased. I simply consider that you are severely overreacting.

If I was in your shoes then I wouldn't have tried to find insult in what was a simple misunderstanding.

Jan 17, 2017 at 3:02 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
So when are we going to discuss Undertale and not have my alerts flooded with dumb arguments?

Jan 17, 2017 at 3:19 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
So when are we going to discuss Undertale and not have my alerts flooded with dumb arguments?
Well it happens, people argue, and there's not much we can do unless we wanna inject ourselves in it (which I'd highly recommend avoiding quite honestly)

Not sure if someone's talked about it already so meh -
There is one mod from Unitale I found particularly interesting in the last few weeks:
A mod called "Your battle", it's extremely intriguing and interesting to see the amount of work that went into the puzzles, segments and atmosphere (to an extent). And with multiple endings it's got a grip on me and I can't stop playing it.
Mod link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nhc706sn8gv40y1/(++++++++).rar

Jan 17, 2017 at 3:55 AM
Well it happens, people argue, and there's not much we can do unless we wanna inject ourselves in it (which I'd highly recommend avoiding quite honestly)

Not sure if someone's talked about it already so meh -
There is one mod from Unitale I found particularly interesting in the last few weeks:
A mod called "Your battle", it's extremely intriguing and interesting to see the amount of work that went into the puzzles, segments and atmosphere (to an extent). And with multiple endings it's got a grip on me and I can't stop playing it.
Mod link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nhc706sn8gv40y1/(++++++++).rar

Since when were people modding Undertale? I knew about the Unitale stuff but I thought those were standalone .exe's not mods.

Jan 17, 2017 at 3:07 PM
lol
Since when were people modding Undertale? I knew about the Unitale stuff but I thought those were standalone .exe's not mods.
Yea there's tons of mods from unitale; some stand-alone mods like Undercook (From the guy who created One Night at Flumpty's) and they're really cool. Others like Alphys NEO and Undyne NEO are fun to play (at least when not being cheap). And a few can be complete garbage, like our CS mods and hacks, Unitale/Undertale can vary from each one.

Jan 17, 2017 at 4:01 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I am most certainly judging the music based on how it sounds.

You literally said that you weren't, as I will demonstrate below:

I think that authentic instruments just inherently sound better.

The key word there is "inherently". The logical conclusion from this statement is that, if you had 2 songs where one was produced digitally/synthetically and the other was produced by "authentic instruments" (and this was the only difference between the 2 songs), you would like the one with authentic instruments better just because it's being played with authentic instruments because, as you said, they are inherently better.

Well, excuse me for having an opinion on your opinion and expressing it on the internet. Surely we can't have discussion on a forums, no that's not allowed at all.

As the others have said, I never directly called you "shallow", just your opinions on the subject of "real" music vs "non-real".

I do not feel "comfort" because there is a human behind the instrument, I simply appreciate and immensely respect the talent that it takes to perform an instrument.

My argument from before is still basically the same if you replace "comfort" with "admiration of the talent in playing the instrument". You're judging the song based on something that you are literally not hearing, on knowledge outside of that which is encoded in the audio being delivered to your ears. In my opinion this is kind of shallow, judging the song by the means in which it was created rather than by how the song sounds.

Jan 17, 2017 at 4:12 PM
Professional Whatever
I think I posted it before but on the topic of mods, Undertale RED is a pretty great tribute game.

Jan 17, 2017 at 5:03 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
is that like mountain dew red

Jan 17, 2017 at 5:42 PM
Professional Whatever
Baja Blast actually

Jan 18, 2017 at 2:23 AM
I've seen a playthrough of Undertale Red. I thought it was a reference to something that I didn't get and lost interest.

Jan 18, 2017 at 12:55 PM
lol
I liked the idea of fighting another member of the royal guard, we barely fight 01 and 02 in the actual game, and Undyne was the only real fighter of the royal guard to battle. So seeing someone come close to the skill of her was pretty cool, even if Red's just made up.

Jan 18, 2017 at 4:23 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I liked the idea of fighting another member of the royal guard, we barely fight 01 and 02 in the actual game, and Undyne was the only real fighter of the royal guard to battle. So seeing someone come close to the skill of her was pretty cool, even if Red's just made up.
Aren't all of the dogs in Snowdin members of the royal guard? I thought they made up most of its membership.

Jan 18, 2017 at 7:38 PM
Serri Online
War criminal
There's also RG03 and RG04, but they're unused.

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:45 PM
lol
Aren't all of the dogs in Snowdin members of the royal guard? I thought they made up most of its membership.
Are they? I was never sure about it, but nonetheless cool.

There's also RG03 and RG04, but they're unused.
And totally, RG03 and RG04 are in the game's coding with sprites and everything, 'just I was only counting enemies that you'd fight in the game if the player comes across them.

I've seen a playthrough of Undertale Red. I thought it was a reference to something that I didn't get and lost interest.
Are you talking about the part where Red mentions Mew Mew kissy 2?

Jan 20, 2017 at 1:55 AM
Are they? I was never sure about it, but nonetheless cool.

And totally, RG03 and RG04 are in the game's coding with sprites and everything, 'just I was only counting enemies that you'd fight in the game if the player comes across them.

Are you talking about the part where Red mentions Mew Mew kissy 2?

No I thought it was a reference to some anime I hadn't seen.

Jan 20, 2017 at 12:06 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator