Unanswered Questions

Oct 7, 2008 at 4:20 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
'Cuz the Gaudis are also there to do the same thing - guard the Labyrinth, and the Core. They were in the Monster Nest beyond MX after all. It doesn't care about passing Gaudis... prolly programmed to ignore them.

Oct 10, 2008 at 3:26 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sorry to bring up a mostly resolved topic, let alone it be reopened by a complete noobie... sorry guys.

But... here's my theory on how Curly got to Sacred Grounds (complete with pure speculation) :D

As Undead Core was destroyed by Quote, and the island began to fall, Curly made her way to the teleporter room from the plantation shelter, and attempted to make it out of there by using the teleporter. The teleporter pulls a Half-Life 2/random sci-fi movie, in that it glitches (maybe because of the seismic activity,) and it spontaneously teleports her to that very spot in Sacred Ground, messes with her system, and forces her to reboot. (Explaining why she was knocked out/asleep.)

I realize it's full of flaws but, meh, it kinda makes sense.

Oct 10, 2008 at 7:23 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
winder487 said:
I realize it's full of flaws but, meh, it kinda makes sense.
Not really. As I see it, you need two teleporters in order for them to work. If it "glitched" as you suggest, it's more likely that Curly would simply be gone forever.

Oct 11, 2008 at 6:03 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Yeah, the teleporters need two machines, a place to leave and a place to go. It deletes your data in one place and loads it in another. It can't just load you anywhere, it needs a place to 'print' you out.

Oct 12, 2008 at 1:15 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The teleporter thing that I'm speaking of is just a concept anyway. It was just a thought.

Oct 12, 2008 at 3:25 AM
In front of a computer
I know. It's a nice thought, I suppose – I just don't think it fits the facts.

Oct 12, 2008 at 6:48 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Here's a question: How did Curly get the Nemesis in the first place?

My answer: Mr. Little just trades away his "fabulous guns" for a weapon that catches his eye, such as the Blade, Polar Star or Machine Gun (the latter two are from Curly, depending on whether you traded with her or not.) I suppose he wants a collection of weapons for some reason...

Oct 12, 2008 at 10:11 AM
This Troper
Okay, here's another: Just how did Doctor's experiments with the Demon Flowers create the Red Crystal?
Just think about it. The Flowers contain a chemical, that causes it's "user" to grow his muscles (and everything else) at the cost of losing his self-control. The Crystal, on the other hand, just flies around the user, not even touching him, not changing him anyhow (at least not until somebody kicks him hard), but giving him magical abilities instead. Just WTF?!?

Oct 12, 2008 at 12:26 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
T-Jack said:
Okay, here's another: Just how did Doctor's experiments with the Demon Flowers create the Red Crystal?
Just think about it. The Flowers contain a chemical, that causes it's "user" to grow his muscles (and everything else) at the cost of losing his self-control. The Crystal, on the other hand, just flies around the user, not even touching him, not changing him anyhow (at least not until somebody kicks him hard), but giving him magical abilities instead. Just WTF?!?
The flowers are magical. If you go by the "magic is a form of energy" theory, it does make sense that the crystal worked through radiations.

Oct 12, 2008 at 1:32 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
That reminds of that stupid manga (i don't mind readin' tho) called Fairy Appendage, which showed that crystals can absorb magic power. Is that accepted worldwide already, just that I didn't know about it?

About Curly's Nem, your(Alex) theory cannot be accepted since you only see her with Nem when you are heading for the Best Ending, and that makes her skip the whole EC and OW part, right to the Plantation she goes(how though?). And that makes further less sense if you brought Mr. Little along with you (for the sake of that alteration to the ending).

Thus, I'd say she probably just FOUND it somewhere along her way to the Grounds (however she managed to).
Or the "Ctulthu" guy or whatever he is, I'd probably call him "worm guy" probably gave her the Nem because she didn't have any weapons on her as she lost it to the tide.
Or probably she had it with her from the start, but didn't use em because it's probably something precious to her, maybe her creator gave it to her as a bathtime toy (at lvl 3, and I don't really know the concept of rubber duckies, so pardon me), and so she didn't use it at the post-Labyrinth section (or was it still Labyrinth?) but just cannot use other weapons in Grounds since they're's too weak(Polar Star) or disrupting(lvl 3 MG).

There goes my stupidly semi-epic opinion post.

Oct 12, 2008 at 2:58 PM
This Troper
Roonil Wazlib said:
The flowers are magical. If you go by the "magic is a form of energy" theory, it does make sense that the crystal worked through radiations.
The only thing that supports this theory is the fact that Enraged Igor can shoot white balls from his mouth. Speaking of Igor, who's that master he's talking about and why should nobody touch his balls eggs?

freezit4 said:
That reminds of that stupid manga (i don't mind readin' tho) called Fairy Appendage, which showed that crystals can absorb magic power. Is that accepted worldwide already, just that I didn't know about it?
That in turn reminds me of that godawful Inheritance Trilogy Cycle, where this concept is used, too. Probably yes, it is accepted worldwide.

freezit4 said:
Or probably she had it with her from the start, but didn't use em because it's probably something precious to her, maybe her creator gave it to her as a bathtime toy (at lvl 3, and I don't really know the concept of rubber duckies, so pardon me), and so she didn't use it at the post-Labyrinth section (or was it still Labyrinth?) but just cannot use other weapons in Grounds since they're's too weak(Polar Star) or disrupting(lvl 3 MG).
*pushes away the mental image of Curly in bath, playing with Nemmy* Kinda makes sense, but how would she be carrying it? Oh wait, how does Quote lug around five weapons at once? He doesn't even have pockets big enough to fit the Polar Star inside...
Nevermind. But if she had lv.3 Nem, how would she de-level it? She's invulnerable, as seen during the Core fight. Of course there's the Black wind...
Well, this theory seems plausible to me. Couldn't find any flaws right now. Maybe later.

Oct 12, 2008 at 4:07 PM
In front of a computer
Alex_S. said:
Here's a question: How did Curly get the Nemesis in the first place?

My answer: Mr. Little just trades away his "fabulous guns" for a weapon that catches his eye, such as the Blade, Polar Star or Machine Gun (the latter two are from Curly, depending on whether you traded with her or not.) I suppose he wants a collection of weapons for some reason...
I prefer to think that she got it from the Goddess. If she got it from Mr. Little, then you have to ask yourself how she managed to climb down the outer wall and back up again. Although she might have been able to use the teleporter to get to the egg corridor and gone that way instead... but how would she know about that? Why would she go to all that trouble when she doesn't even know there will be a reward at the end?

T-Jack said:
I thought the magical abilities came from the Demon Crown, not the Red Crystal.

freezit4 said:
Yes, I believe it is commonly accepted.

freezit4 said:
right to the Plantation she goes(how though?).
Swept along in the water.

freezit4 said:
Thus, I'd say she probably just FOUND it somewhere along her way to the Grounds (however she managed to).
Unlikely.
freezit4 said:
Or the "Ctulthu" guy or whatever he is, I'd probably call him "worm guy" probably gave her the Nem because she didn't have any weapons on her as she lost it to the tide.
This is a possibility.
freezit4 said:
Seems unlikely.

T-Jack said:
Kinda makes sense, but how would she be carrying it? Oh wait, how does Quote lug around five weapons at once? He doesn't even have pockets big enough to fit the Polar Star inside...
I think the Nemesis is actually a very small weapon – probably smaller than a standard handgun.
freezit4 said:
Nevermind. But if she had lv.3 Nem, how would she de-level it? She's invulnerable, as seen during the Core fight. Of course there's the Black wind...
I'd say the Black Wind is the answer to that. Probably it appears in places other than where Quote encounters it.

Oct 12, 2008 at 5:24 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
T-Jack said:
Oh wait, how does Quote lug around five weapons at once? He doesn't even have pockets big enough to fit the Polar Star inside...

How does Gordon holster a crowbar, a zero-point gravity manipulation device, two pistols, an SMG, a combine automatic, a crossbow, a shotgun, grenades, an RPG, and pheropods?

T-Jack, don't question video game logic.

Oct 12, 2008 at 5:28 PM
In front of a computer
The answer is obvious when you think about it.

HAMMERSPACE!!

Oct 12, 2008 at 6:01 PM
This Troper
DimJim said:
How does Gordon holster a crowbar, a zero-point gravity manipulation device, two pistols, an SMG, a combine automatic, a crossbow, a shotgun, grenades, an RPG, and pheropods?

T-Jack, don't question video game logic.
While we're at it, how does Roger Wilco fit a ladder in his pocket?

Celtic Minstrel said:
HAMMERSPACE!!
Yeah, what he said.

Oct 12, 2008 at 6:21 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Is there any possible way Curly could get Booster 0.8 or Booster 2 at any case?

Oct 12, 2008 at 6:33 PM
This Troper
Mars said:
Is there any possible way Curly could get Booster 0.8 or Booster 2 at any case?
First, welcome to the forum. Second, no, typing your post all bold doesn't make it more visible. And last, but not least, no there's no possible way Curly would meet prof. Booster and convince him to give her something he already gave Quote. And now, if you excuse me:

JAKE! GET OVER HERE, NOW!

Oct 12, 2008 at 6:44 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
T-Jack said:
First, welcome to the forum. Second, no, typing your post all bold doesn't make it more visible. And last, but not least, no there's no possible way Curly would meet prof. Booster and convince him to give her something he already gave Quote. And now, if you excuse me:

JAKE! GET OVER HERE, NOW!

Thanks for the welcome, and I like to type bold, I've typing bold on every forum in my whole life, not trying to make it more visible, I swear.
Ok, maybe I was high thinking there could be two boosters and Curly meeting prof. Booster? ok... sorry for the drugs.