Translation Discussion

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:28 PM
"Huzzah!"
MetaSeraphim said:
No one ever said there wasn't.

I don't most people are being negative for the sake of it, it's called opinions. People even had bad opinions about Cave Story PC.

I know that no one said that there wasn't, just pointing out that it's isn't some Holly Grail as some are liking to show, it's a wonderful work of course, but not perfect, just that.

And about opinion, nowadays (in general) "opinion" is a nice excuse to open the mouth without considering all the facts, just spit the first thing it comes to our mind or to the point for the sake of being an a**hole.
Negative or Positive, a good opinion is a well justified one.

Captain Fabulous said:
Huzzah is Balrog's catchphrase. We all associate it with him.
It's an English interpretation of it, just like the Nicalis version.
They should have maintain it? My opinion, yes they should had, ironically for the same reasons already pointed, familiarity . But unfortunately it wasn't what Nicalis and Pixel thought, as the people that worked on this version in particular, i respect that decision, it's maybe the key difference in our opinions.
And that's why you don't see me bashing it.

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:32 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Jay City said:
Negative or Positive, a good opinion is a well justified one.

I've already given you a good reason why people are complaining about the translation, and Captain gave you another one.

Fan familiarity, almost every single person who is going to play Cave Story Wii played the PC version first and thus is used to and fan familiar with that version and it's translation. Captain made a good point about Balrog's catch phase since it's like changing something about his character.

Anyway, just so you know this translation isn't the end of the world for me. But just as you are pointing out the flaws in complaining about the changes I am pointing out the flaws in you complaining about the complainers.

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:38 PM
"Huzzah!"
MetaSeraphim said:
I am pointing out the flaws in you complaining about the complainers.

Fair enough, but i still maintain my stance.

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:41 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
About "Litigano Motscoud" Password, which was incorrect.

When I came to reading Sue's Letter, the password was:
Yrots Evac (yrotS evaC, the title spelt backwards!)

In the AGTP's part it supposed to be:
iratagonoM ustukouD

In conclusion, the password is
The title spelt backwards!

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

It seems after searching the forums for that password, there was discussions that this kind of password would be made reality. It is now true!

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:47 PM
/end
Jay City said:
Fair enough, but i still maintain my stance.

Wasn't trying to change your opinion or anything. I just thought I would point out why people would be upset about the changes since no one else was.

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:53 PM
"Huzzah!"
MetaSeraphim said:
Wasn't trying to change your opinion.

I know you weren't, just pointing it out.
Don't worry I've understand the reason behind your post, you don't need to justify anything. :p

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:56 PM
Been here way too long...
Jay and cultr, can I point out that you guys are being absolute asses?
All I ever said was that I didn't like the new translation (really didn't like it), not that it "signified the apocalypse", and I don't quite get how having a different viewpoint from you is elitist. Do you even know what elitist means?

Jay - you said that elitist fanbase was elitist, then criticised me for talking for others. Really?

Cultr - Please look up elitist, and then realize that having opions does not count as a freakout.

You guys are blowing our opinions out of proportion, this thread is for discussion of the translation, which means people might think (gasp) different things than you! I respect the new translation, but I don't like it, it dumbs down a great game.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:08 AM
"Huzzah!"
"Oh so nice of you, thank you for taking me too seriously, and make me look like a total douche! Even if i said that wasn't my intention to insult you.
Maybe i should have said other word instead? Purist also fits there."

Kidding aside.

Your statement was vague and started to state things like:

"Didn't buy the wiiware version, and now I never will."
"bushlands, a non sarcastic balrog AND no Huzzah! what the hell?"

Make it look that you didn't respect it, and made it look that it was just for being different than the fan translation.
If you say that it wasn't the case, then of course i believe you.
You don't have to like it obviously.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:25 AM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
It seems the WiiWare version isn't too good. I don't like the music and Bubbine sounds weird. I like the fan translation better based on what I've heard of it, though Bushlands is more accurate. And I believe they changed the name of the chinfish? WHY WHY WHY.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:34 AM
What? WHAT?! WHAT DID THEY CHANGE IT TO? TELL ME SO THAT I MIGHT RAGE WITH UTMOST INTENSITY.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:35 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
p97478-0-nooooooooooo.jpg

Wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:37 AM
My face melt from not understand.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:37 AM
/end
They didn't change it guys. . .

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:51 AM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
They didn't? I read on the blog that the names were corrected like Chaco to Chako and Chinfish to something else.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:51 AM
Good. I shall murder no one this day. Everyone at Nicalis will get a kneecap-smashing, though. And maybe I will break their fingers, so that they can't program anymore. [/extremefanboyism]

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:52 AM
/end
I don't think they changed it, but of course I forget where in the game it says its name in the first place.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:52 AM
It says so in the credits. Which I may never watch, unfortunately.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:57 AM
/end
Ah, well, when I get to that part I'll let you know.

Mar 23, 2010 at 1:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Um.. guys, can you seriously stop bashing the game to the point where you scare everyone off of it. For a few minor nitpicks you are making the game sound like an abomination. I personally think that we should support Pixel rather than whine about how the whole game was ruined because they made changes to your favourite phrase or name. And personally I think you (the complainers that haven't bought the game) are all just going along with this shit because you are too fucking stingy to pay for the WiiWare version and want a decent excuse so as to not lose face. Well even if you don't want the game you can still pay for it and support Pixel, unless you (again, the complainers that haven't bought the game) are all just freeloaders that take advantage of Pixel's goodwill.

Fluff8836 said:
When I came to reading Sue's Letter, the password was:
Yrots Evac (yrotS evaC, the title spelt backwards!)
Glad to see they fixed it.

Mar 23, 2010 at 1:48 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Chin Fish is Egg Fish.

Also, I guess it was decided that this translation would not consider what was in the first one. 'Dunno why.