Top 10 booster versions ranked (you will NOT believe #8!)

May 30, 2022 at 4:29 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
A Mimiga Island Professor discovers one weird trick to defy his death! Completed in 2018 these health secrets have been tested and improved before being locked away, but are now released four years later to better your body through patented booster technology! Follow these 8 tips to boost back to life! This limited time offer is for purchase now [Dropbox mirror].

Sexy professors in your area! Vulgar language found here. Looking for hot jetpack anime waifus in the Labyrinth area? Available now try not to marriage challenge! Beautiful facepics by Noxid you will not believe your eyes. Download free sexy professor facepics here [Google Drive mirror].

Invest in web 3.0 chipcoin! Get money quick and legit on the Boosterchain ledger! Mint new booster versions and trade them with fellow professors in the future of technology! Only $8.0 now in cart. Projected increase of 800% in value! Browse the collection before they are gone [Mega.nz mirror].

The future of mobile gaming is here! This game is free to play and comes with a free bonus "Rosenbuck" if you join now. Act Fast! Level up your booster and take on the challenge. Available on Windows systems for instant install! Award winning music by 2dbro purchase today on vinyl and cassette and CD and Minidisc! Stream the new album. Begin your free-to-start journey today [Mediafire mirror].

FEATURES download hacked modded cave story cheats activated all five levels are here no virus comes with two rosenbucks security guaranteed become a pro gamer in 30 minutes to an hour and half\ maxed out money hack coming soon does not include weapons\ made 2018 released in 2022 file version eight point zero for windows 7 [Doukutsu.Club mirror]

zippyshare imgur pdf manual all pages read full comics no watermark:
shhh...shuhh shuhh.. Let me do the talking babe.

Succ an egg

Zero Health. 23 Chips.

(This is a mod release for a nonsensical mod called "The Booster 8.0". If you want a normal description of the mod you can click here.)

Last edited:
May 30, 2022 at 4:49 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
(This is a mod release. I will make a regular-looking more readable version of this OP in a few days.)
Lol, I got a huge kick out of the version you have up now. I hope you'll at least keep it around in a spoiler.

In any case, it seems like you've been sitting on some of this for a while, and it seems to be combining a bunch of resources from different creators, so this is interesting to see. Not planning to play it today because I have other things I want to do, but nice to see that you've released something that has, at least collectively, had some work put into it.

May 30, 2022 at 10:46 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
This is the best mod to be released 4 years late

May 31, 2022 at 5:39 AM
"Huzzah!"
this is simultaneously the best and worst mod i have ever played

8.0/10

May 31, 2022 at 8:26 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Best. Mod. Ever.

Jun 13, 2022 at 12:30 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Okay, so I just played this mod, and I must say, this mod was pretty darn funny. The nonsensical laugh-a-minute gags had me giggling all throughout, except for the grinding moments of collecting all those chips. Noxid is probably looking down from heaven and smiling upon your work here, because your usage of all of those Booster facepics he made ages ago was extremely funny. At first I thought this was only a parody, but then when I got to the ending it hit me- this is a headcannon on how professor Booster survived the fall in the Labyrinth, which I thought was just brilliant. The ORGs by 2DBro of course make this thing a lot more enjoyable. My only major gripe with this mod was that collecting the chips to buy better boosters was boring and kind of not super fun after a bit of time, so I just modded the game to give myself a bunch of chips more quickly so that I could easily power on through this mod.

While some mods with this brand of humor tend to have bugginess purposefully embedded into the gameplay, this mod is actually very polished, and I respect that. So I will report some typos and oversights as I would any mod that was meant to be more serious:
Early on in the mod, the Booster you play as says "I don't think that's how jetpack's work."

In the booster HQ, when you interact with the fire, you're missing a <KEY command, because I'm able to jump right as I begin interacting with it.

And in the final stage, if I hang to the right after coming down, then I can get trapped in here, which soft-locks me:
CSModBoost8-01.png

Over all, great work. I'm glad that you decided to polish up this 2018 gem and make it accessible here.

Also:
A Mimiga Island Professor discovers one weird trick to defy his death! Completed in 2018 these health secrets have been tested and improved before being locked away, but are now released four years later to better your body through patented booster technology! Follow these 8 tips to boost back to life! This limited time offer is for purchase now [Dropbox mirror].

Sexy professors in your area! Vulgar language found here. Looking for hot jetpack anime waifus in the Labyrinth area? Available now try not to marriage challenge! Beautiful facepics by Noxid you will not believe your eyes. Download free sexy professor facepics here [Google Drive mirror].

Invest in web 3.0 chipcoin! Get money quick and legit on the Boosterchain ledger! Mint new booster versions and trade them with fellow professors in the future of technology! Only $8.0 now in cart. Projected increase of 800% in value! Browse the collection before they are gone [Mega.nz mirror].

The future of mobile gaming is here! This game is free to play and comes with a free bonus "Rosenbuck" if you join now. Act Fast! Level up your booster and take on the challenge. Available on Windows systems for instant install! Award winning music by 2dbro purchase today on vinyl and cassette and CD and Minidisc! Stream the new album. Begin your free-to-start journey today [Mediafire mirror].

FEATURES download hacked modded cave story cheats activated all five levels are here no virus comes with two rosenbucks security guaranteed become a pro gamer in 30 minutes to an hour and half\ maxed out money hack coming soon does not include weapons\ made 2018 released in 2022 file version eight point zero for windows 7 [Doukutsu.Club mirror]

zippyshare imgur pdf manual all pages read full comics no watermark:
shhh...shuhh shuhh.. Let me do the talking babe.

Succ an egg

Zero Health. 23 Chips.

(This is a mod release. I will make a regular-looking more readable version of this OP in a few days.)
I'm also glad that you decided to keep the original body of the OP instead of writing something else up a few days later like you said you would. All because of my encouragement, I'm sure.

Jun 19, 2022 at 9:33 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Okay, so I just played this mod, and I must say, this mod was pretty darn funny. The nonsensical laugh-a-minute gags had me giggling all throughout, except for the grinding moments of collecting all those chips. Noxid is probably looking down from heaven and smiling upon your work here, because your usage of all of those Booster facepics he made ages ago was extremely funny. At first I thought this was only a parody, but then when I got to the ending it hit me- this is a headcannon on how professor Booster survived the fall in the Labyrinth, which I thought was just brilliant. The ORGs by 2DBro of course make this thing a lot more enjoyable. My only major gripe with this mod was that collecting the chips to buy better boosters was boring and kind of not super fun after a bit of time, so I just modded the game to give myself a bunch of chips more quickly so that I could easily power on through this mod.
Thank you! Yeah, a lot of my recent mods have incidentally been based upon experimental gameplay gimmicks that have been widely hit-or-miss. It's partially why this mod sat on my HDD for so long; I was aware the grinding never really clicked, despite efforts to keep it short and supply shortcuts (such as opening two upgrades at a time to allow one to save up and skip a version entirely, and the additional rosenbuck at the bottom of the Sandzone level). The simple matter of a mod where you die in one hit and have no weapons is pretty much destined to have hiccups, ones that didn't fully get sorted in the end.

I'm glad you found a way to enjoy it though despite that! The writing of this mod and Death of Blargo ended up in its jokey-vulgar style from whatever state of mind I had back in 2017 I guess. I don't see myself writing this kinda dialogue often anymore though.
While some mods with this brand of humor tend to have bugginess purposefully embedded into the gameplay, this mod is actually very polished, and I respect that. So I will report some typos and oversights as I would any mod that was meant to be more serious:
Thank you thank you! I've jotted all these down for the hybrid todo-list/changelog that I have for every mod of mine. It's one of my goals that even if a mod of mine is inherently non-serious and silly, it's still polished to a level of quality I want to represent me. I think almost everyone that's given me feedback has mentioned something about the Presses at the very end of the mod so I'll probably overhaul that final section entirely, but I didn't know about the potential for softlocking there!
Over all, great work. I'm glad that you decided to polish up this 2018 gem and make it accessible here.
Yeah... I think the official count of mods that I've made total is at about 33 now? The vast majority of those being tiny modfest (jam) mods though which haven't really left the modding discord/Doukutsu Club (I feel weird about making a thread for a mod if it's beatable within 10 minutes or when I know I won't be finishing it, except for Genuine Plight which I was strangely proud of enough to make the thread despite its length). The Booster 8.0 started as one of those jam mods and was released both incomplete and buggy as the first mod ever uploaded to Doukutsu Club, but it was a bit different because it was later turned into a larger finished mod. After getting the feedback from a private testing group though I just never picked it up again. Finishing and releasing Sushi Strikes Back, The Cavern Tale update, and Death of Blargo seemed more appealing to all happen first, and so nobody (not even the modding discord server) had the chance to play the completed version of this until now.

I am working on better parity between the forums and the server however. One of the things I want to do is take a whole handful of my favorite small modfest mods I've made and bundle them together as a polished collection all under a single thread. A few of them are unfinished or not worth the time, but there's a dozen or so complete experiences that I'm happy about, they're just tiny is the issue.
I'm also glad that you decided to keep the original body of the OP instead of writing something else up a few days later like you said you would. All because of my encouragement, I'm sure.
Definitely didn't just forget to do it nope.

Now that I look at it, all the information is there including the screenshots, so it's probably fine. I'll keep it. The whole point of the OP was to get people's attention and it doesn't make much sense to revert it to a normal looking page later.