There may have been a english translation of the Cave Story beta!

May 17, 2022 at 11:30 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
One of my family members worked at this old video game company. A lot of times they were sent prototypes of games to test. Sometimes they would even translate games. My family member told me this. My family member, they left the company in 2002. I remember showing them Cave Story and they said it was very familiar... I even showed them Doggy Wyvern and the Cave Story Beta and they said it was more familiar than the final build of Cave Story....

They also said that they played a lot of games there so they may not remember correctly...

I'm not making this up.

May 18, 2022 at 12:39 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
My gut instinct is that this family member of yours didn't work with Cave Story Beta. Maybe someone can confirm, but I'm pretty sure that Pixel kept Cave story Beta to himself for a while. And originally, he only showed it to maybe one person, and it was that person's candid feedback that made Pixel scrap the beta version and redesign the whole thing into what we see today. I don't think your whole family member theory would line up with this chain of events.

May 18, 2022 at 12:52 AM
"Huzzah!"
no no, i'm sure they're telling the truth, one of my dogs works for studio pixel and she remembers playing the cave story beta around that time...

May 18, 2022 at 12:56 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I remember they also said they remember not liking the Cave Story beta much.

May 18, 2022 at 2:54 AM
"Huzzah!"
One of my family members worked at this old video game company. A lot of times they were sent prototypes of games to test. Sometimes they would even translate games. My family member told me this. My family member, they left the company in 2002. I remember showing them Cave Story and they said it was very familiar... I even showed them Doggy Wyvern and the Cave Story Beta and they said it was more familiar than the final build of Cave Story....

They also said that they played a lot of games there so they may not remember correctly...

I'm not making this up.
Can't wait for this to be sent to the S.P.O.T.

May 18, 2022 at 3:08 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Why would any video game company have a copy of the CS beta? I think your friend is mistaken. Pixel has only ever made the beta available to his friends to playtest. Doggy Wyvern was a school project, so aside from Pixel's friends the school might still have a copy, but a video game company certainly wouldn't.

May 18, 2022 at 3:11 AM
Why would any video game company have a copy of the CS beta? I think your friend is mistaken. Pixel has only ever made the beta available to his friends to playtest. Doggy Wyvern was a school project, so aside from Pixel's friends the school might still have a copy, but a video game company certainly wouldn't.
Beta Testing? It's also possible one maybe the manager or something was the freind of Pixel.

May 18, 2022 at 5:33 AM
War criminal
My uncle works for Nintendo. He says to stop lying about family members working for video game companies.

May 18, 2022 at 8:49 AM
My uncle works for Nintendo. He says to stop lying about family members working for video game companies
Want me to tell you the name of the company? You can even research it

May 21, 2022 at 10:33 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Just gonna say that I do recall a web archive link being sent to me that led to an archive of a public Cave Story Beta download link page that seemed to had been updated occasionally as he developed the game (of course, the file the download led to was broken but the page itself was mostly intact in the archive), I searched a beta related group chat and the (post raid) beta content server for it and I couldn't find the link to it, though
I will admit that this thread does feel very "My uncle worked at Nintendo"-y but the beta was in fact somewhat public while it was in development
I will update this post if I'm able to find the archive link to the download page again

Also, please, just tell us the name of the company if you want us to believe you

Last edited:
May 31, 2022 at 11:11 PM
intrinsix is the name of the company. They made a game called "The Stone" in 1999. In 2001 they were sent a beta of Cave Story.

Last edited:
May 31, 2022 at 11:29 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
intrinsix is the name of the company. They made a game called "The Stone" in 1999. In 2001 they were sent a beta of Cave Story.
I did some quick googling and web archive searching, and while the company exists, to say the least I am VERY skeptical that this company was ever a developer or localizer, considering their current website says they create semiconductors and other electronic parts, and a web archive look at it seems no different http://web.archive.org/web/20000301205442/http://www.intrinsix.com/

May 31, 2022 at 11:41 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
You should probably actually provide proof if you are intending to keep claiming things like this. You said the exact same thing on the general server (alongside the spam) and consider where that got you.

Jun 1, 2022 at 12:23 AM
Type in "intrinsix the stone" in google with the "s. YOU WILL FIND SOMETHING.

Jun 1, 2022 at 12:37 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Type in "intrinsix the stone" in google with the "s. YOU WILL FIND SOMETHING.
1654040147849.png
1654040161520.png
that's a lot of nothing

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2022 at 1:19 AM
"Huzzah!"
yeah i'm pretty sure we established in the general CS discord that you're just an attention seeking kid

Jun 1, 2022 at 5:57 AM
Click on that "the portal" website.

Jun 1, 2022 at 6:43 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Click on that "the portal" website.
There isn't a single mention of 'cave story' or 'beta' whatsoever on that website.

Jun 1, 2022 at 7:08 AM
That "the portal" website is just a fansite for one of the other games intrinsix worked on, "the stone". I even have some assets from that game too

Jun 1, 2022 at 8:46 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Well give them if you have proof, instead of leading us into a rabbit hole.