The Untold Story

Sep 19, 2009 at 5:00 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I just realized I haven't rated this thread yet :D!

Anyway, 5 stars ftw :(!

Oct 11, 2009 at 12:51 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Alright!
Thankyou for the five stars Wedge.
Now that easter egg there has a purpose, but not at that point of the game. What's happening later in my mod is that there will be optional 'missionly' things. That won't do anything until maybe chapter 3. I didn't think anyone would notice that, cause it's not really obvious.

Oct 31, 2009 at 5:36 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
Sorry for double post...
I've got a little screen shot of what's to come next chapter.

In each chapter after chapter 1, there will be an optional mission available. By doing these you may get extra health, or maybe items that you could trade for new weapons. I've almost finished working on this optional mission. I've really loved Pixel's Frog sprite, and thus, in almost every single one of my mods, I can't help but put frogs in it.
Pirate11.jpg

Oct 31, 2009 at 5:41 AM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
It's beginning to look a lot like Illustrated.
Also, it's not really double-posting if there was a post before yours.

Oct 31, 2009 at 5:47 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
Truth be told, I have been recycling some concepts from illustrated that never got used. This is one of them.

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:55 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
The only thing that is making me dislike this game is the lack of punctuation in virtually every sentence that doesn't end in an exclamation or a question mark.

this was a set up

we didn't bring you here to kill your self

it is just a little pet peeve, but other than that, is awesome.

Nov 15, 2009 at 8:40 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
igotsthepower9000 said:
The only thing that is making me dislike this game is the lack of punctuation in virtually every sentence that doesn't end in an exclamation or a question mark.

this was a set up

we didn't bring you here to kill your self

it is just a little pet peeve, but other than that, is awesome.

It's meant to have bad grammar, that's one of the big parts of the mod that fits very well. From what I think, the mod is supposed to be lulzy. Without that "Shit" grammar/punctuation, Pirate will suck, and will be the most boring mod in the universe.

Nov 15, 2009 at 9:20 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
Yeah there are some parts where I did have really crap grammar. I did intend the mod to be a happy and humerous one, but I don't think I wanted crap grammar, left, right and center. I might fix a few parts up though.

Nov 15, 2009 at 1:00 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It was just full-stops >_> Reminds me of Breath of Fire 3, which is literally one of the best things a game can remind me of. I votes for keeps.

Nov 27, 2009 at 11:39 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
@DoubleThink: Thanks. I think I'll leave most of it the way it is, but I'll fix any major gramatical errors.

@All: The next demo will be coming soon.
Here's another little screenshot.
Pirate12.jpg

All I can say about this new chapter us that it's just as meaningless as the last one, but much shorter.

Dec 13, 2009 at 5:03 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
(Sorry for double post)

UPDATE!!!!!!

The second demo is now available!!!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?zygtmy1mnzz

I'm sorry, but you won't be able to use your old save files. You'll have to start a new game.

And on a slightly unrelated note....
Chech out my new mousemat!

IMG_2454.jpg

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:23 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I got to the room where Foxi is petrified and the owl flies away or is blown away, not sure. Anyways I didn't know what to do once i was on the moving blocks so I tried to make my way up to the inspector. I was sucessful, I retriggered the cutscene (which is awkward without the animated ppl) and the cutscene with it's bumps eventually landed me onto death spikes. And now whenever I load my save, I'm on death spikes.

Game breaking glitch much?

Oh and the first area with the parking inspectors is really hard to get through with 3 hp, since they all do 3+ damage. I'd recommend making the knife (and the "faster than light" gun) do more damage. Also could you make it so that when you level up the knife it does more damage? The last time I played it leveling up the knife fucked me over.

Another option is just giving the player 6hp to start.

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:52 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
Oh okay there must be quite a big glitch that i neglected. When you get dropped onto the moving block below, the game saves automatically. If you got the chance to move, while you were falling down, you may have had your game saved in a bad position. I'll either change the falling bit so that you can't move while falling, or so that you can save properly. I think I did it like that 'cause I was a bit lazy. I'll try to avoid laziness in future...

Okay I'll probably make the levelled up version stronger, but then it'll be slower on level 3, and not really knife like. Alright, what I'll do is maybe start the game off with 4 or 5 health so that in the first area, you can survive a projectile hit, but not a hit from one of the parking inspectors. I'll have another look at the assembly to see if I can work out how I can make the laser knife not gain any experience at all. Once I can change those things, I'll fix the link.

Thank's for pointing those things out.

Dec 13, 2009 at 7:04 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Uncy Dave said:
I'll have another look at the assembly to see if I can work out how I can make the laser knife not gain any experience at all. Once I can change those things, I'll fix the link.

Yeah it would actually be easier (asm wise) to just have it so that all 3 levels of the Nemesis (laser knife right) are on level one. Cuz it pushes the level value based ON the level, so it'd be really easy to edit. I could do it for you if you wanted :rolleyes:.

Also I save hacked and this time the boss loaded in the moving block room (he didn't load the first time, that's why i jumped back up to where the inspector was with frozen-foxi). Boss is somewhat annoying with those moving blocks, and also when you're riding the lowest block and you go over one of the up-down ones that's on the ground, the collision boxes glitch somehow (the one going up doesn't push you up) and eventually you get pushed off of the one your riding (left-right one) if you don't jump onto the one going up.

Also managed to get to the kershungo part, it was pretty hard too. I'd like a weapon with range that isn't limited (or incredibly weak, as was the case with the particle gun). Also level 2 handcuffs should actually go a longer distance, IMO (not shorter).

Plot seems very, well, wtf. Wtf indeed.

Dec 13, 2009 at 8:54 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Wait what

AWESOME!

Didn't expect this, I have to say.
-Not much has changed near the start, except the title screen and the new gun, which is simple but still a neat concept (i.e. having to know exactly where you're aiming).
-Well this fight has been spiced up to no end :rolleyes: But seriously, waay too much health, now he's nearly impossible, especially because he can only be damaged when he's within range. *hax*
-Stuff after that has changed slightly, now with more Thumper... he's pretty awesome, I have to say :p Haha, Rocket Punch...
-I love the new animations for stuff too, like when Pirate gets dragged over or likes shaking on the ground.
-...Are they shooting Halo Plasma Pistols? If so... nice! If not... still nice!
-Interesting idea to set up the boss fight like that, although he doesn't always land on the platforms right. And a reasonable amount of HP this time!!!
-A body double? Oh well, as long as I don't have to start from the save point agai- :p
-HAHAHA, the flying frogs are epic. Aaand a good ol' fashioned Core fight, except with extra freedom of movement.
-Geez I hope that whole section wasn't optional >_> Ah well, it netted me 3 life anyway.
-Dying in Storage B and going back there will cause TWO Bobbies to spawn (the flying one and where he lands). Otherwise the skipflag is much appreciated, as per usual.
-I'm diggin' this steady beat in the next area, but the scene at the end needs a <PRI. It's kinda silly watching Parking Inspector Guy talk to you while Parking Inspector Guy is jumping around just behind you :D
-The new background sound effect in the Zeppelin sounds really authentic.
-Tico's not too tough, but afterwards Bobby seems like he's meant to say something when you talk to him but doesn't.

This is a very fun mod, but it has interesting characters and design to back that up without just being dumb. I love anything with some comic originality and snappy dialogue, so mega-props to you sir, you has the talents. Oh and do you want the mod's name listed as The Untold Story or Pirate - The Untold Story?

Dec 13, 2009 at 8:54 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
one suggestion
reduce the effects on the laser knife so people can see what they're shooting and react
otherwise, difficulty is spot on

Dec 13, 2009 at 9:40 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
DoubleThink said:
Wait what

AWESOME!

Didn't expect this, I have to say.
-Not much has changed near the start, except the title screen and the new gun, which is simple but still a neat concept (i.e. having to know exactly where you're aiming).
-Well this fight has been spiced up to no end :rolleyes: But seriously, waay too much health, now he's nearly impossible, especially because he can only be damaged when he's within range. *hax*
-Stuff after that has changed slightly, now with more Thumper... he's pretty awesome, I have to say :p Haha, Rocket Punch...
-I love the new animations for stuff too, like when Pirate gets dragged over or likes shaking on the ground.
-...Are they shooting Halo Plasma Pistols? If so... nice! If not... still nice!
-Interesting idea to set up the boss fight like that, although he doesn't always land on the platforms right. And a reasonable amount of HP this time!!!
-A body double? Oh well, as long as I don't have to start from the save point agai- :p
-HAHAHA, the flying frogs are epic. Aaand a good ol' fashioned Core fight, except with extra freedom of movement.
-Geez I hope that whole section wasn't optional >_> Ah well, it netted me 3 life anyway.
-Dying in Storage B and going back there will cause TWO Bobbies to spawn (the flying one and where he lands). Otherwise the skipflag is much appreciated, as per usual.
-I'm diggin' this steady beat in the next area, but the scene at the end needs a <PRI. It's kinda silly watching Parking Inspector Guy talk to you while Parking Inspector Guy is jumping around just behind you :D
-The new background sound effect in the Zeppelin sounds really authentic.
-Tico's not too tough, but afterwards Bobby seems like he's meant to say something when you talk to him but doesn't.

This is a very fun mod, but it has interesting characters and design to back that up without just being dumb. I love anything with some comic originality and snappy dialogue, so mega-props to you sir, you has the talents. Oh and do you want the mod's name listed as The Untold Story or Pirate - The Untold Story?

Maybe I should reduce the boss's health...Not only 'cause it takes ages to beat, but 'cause it's also gonna be a common enemy much later in the game.
The frog bullets aren't exactly halo ones. To be honest, I'm not all that into fps games...I just kinda made the sprites as quickly as I could.
And yes, I'm afraid that it was optional, and it will have a second part in chapter 4.....but the optional missions will be worth doing, because you can get items that you'll need for new weapons and/or health upgrades.
Hmm...I never noticed that skip flag glitch before....I better add a sk- at the end of the optional mission. The cut scene in the storage room is different depending on whether you do the optional mission or not.
I'll also put a <DNA when you meet 'Marcus' again.

I'm really glad you like it! I wanted this mod to be one that's hard to take seriously but still fun to play. And the title of the thread is fine the way it is.

EDIT BY DT: I meant in the quickie guide >_>

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:46 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Yeah there's no way I can beat that 2nd frog guide dude, considering that the save before it is like 1 boss and 20 enemies away, and due to how hard the boss is. You either need to have another save, or you could just do the following:

-boss + death spikes (or lava) = no fun

One of the 2 needs to be removed.

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:18 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
Okay.
I've got a slightly easier solution to the laser knife level problem.
The problem with the level 2 and 3, laser knife is that they're much slower, so I have to change more than just the damage. I had a look at the assembly and found the values for the speed of the nemesis, but only for level 1. In the place where I found the nemesis offset, it said that it applied to all levels. The only thing that all three levels of the nemesis, but all three levels have different speeds. Is there something else that determains the speed of level 2 and 3 of the nemesis because based on similar weapons like the polar star, the offsets for the bullet speeds end with [ECX+18/1C] and a negative or positive number, depending on the direction. I can't find anything like that anywhere else in the nemesis values.

Thankyou