The Untold Story

Dec 16, 2009 at 5:36 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Uncy Dave said:
Okay.
I've got a slightly easier solution to the laser knife level problem.
The problem with the level 2 and 3, laser knife is that they're much slower, so I have to change more than just the damage. I had a look at the assembly and found the values for the speed of the nemesis, but only for level 1. In the place where I found the nemesis offset, it said that it applied to all levels. The only thing that all three levels of the nemesis, but all three levels have different speeds. Is there something else that determains the speed of level 2 and 3 of the nemesis because based on similar weapons like the polar star, the offsets for the bullet speeds end with [ECX+18/1C] and a negative or positive number, depending on the direction. I can't find anything like that anywhere else in the nemesis values.

Thankyou

You could just make it so that they all run on level 1 code. They'd still do different damages based on their level, but they'd look and sound the same as level 1. This would be a really easy assembly edit too.

If you need to know how, I can tell you.

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:25 AM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
Or you could have the laser knife reach it's max instantly. Maybe setting the limit for leveling up to 0 would work.

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:35 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I played through your new mod. It seems to have a bit harder gameplay then the first demo. Like I said to you once, I like your mods because there are lots of rampage shooting and less suffering (like puzzles, trickjumpings) in it.

6 things I liked the most:

1 Story and style (easy-going characters, you&enemies jumping through windows, fight against authorities...)

2 Frogland (Yay for frogs using flamethrower)

3 Colorful, 3d backgrounds.

4 Bossfights (the fight when the blocks moved)

5 Graphics (bullets what the frogs shoot, the picture at the beginning of the chapters...)

6 Hidden ending when you do not detonate the bomb. I think it should stay as a "hidden bad ending" in the mod.

Constructive critcism

1) You asked us about your grammar once - I think it is not a problem.

2) Frogland is very hard with that very short range weapon. But besides that I liked the whole mod.

Keep up the good work!

Dec 16, 2009 at 11:22 PM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
@Gir: Well if changing all the levels, to the level one code is in fact easier then that'd be awesome. It'd also be much better, because the smoke effect is only on the first level. It'd be great to know how it's done. Thanks!

@TrickyBilly: Awesome! To be honest, I didn't think anyone would find the hidden ending, where you don't detonate the bomb. But I'm glad you liked that little touch.

And when you did the Frog Mission, did you get the Rocket Punch? That would've made it a bit easier, but I'm thinking of making it so that the Particle Accelerator Gun, is more powerful, and also so that Thumper gets one too.

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:35 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
I've been a bit bored with The Untold Story for a while so it's been going pretty slowly. But now I'm getting into it again. But it will still be a while until the next chapter.

Here is a sneak preview of the Next Chapter (The Secret Mission in Chapter 3 I mean)
ScreenShot.jpg

This Secret chapter is much easier than the other one, but much harder to find.

Feb 22, 2010 at 8:27 PM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Glad you're still working on this. This is the only mod I have hope left for on these forums. If it weren't for Fire or you I wouldn't be even thinking about the word "Mirai".

Please continue on working on this. Don't give up Uncy, alot of people here don't give a shit about your mod and instead they choose shit like WTF Story, which highly saddens me.

This is a true mod. The only best ive seen.

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:06 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"

Wasn't it you Ralren who was always talking about how "modding is not a popularity contest" and then you say something like this!? I mean don't get me wrong, I love this mod too, but geeze...

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:43 PM
Assistance
There comes to a point where there is no use putting your mod on the internet if you're not going to get feedback. Regardless how many updates you put up, you're not going to get anything, unless your name is either GIRAKACHEEZER or Noxid. These forums are rotting Wedge, I'm sure you're noticing that, hopefully.

It isn't a popularity contest, yes, but people want to make it that way. It's very vague to notice, though. People just don't want to admit it.

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:46 PM
graters gonna grate
Why does everyone think the forums are "rotting" as you say? They're really not, and in my opinion people believing that the forums are rotting is actually harming them quite a bit more than whatever it is that's causing them to believe that.

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:51 PM
Assistance
Because Wedge, they just are. Half of the whole entire forums are filled with spambots, alot of mods aren't being updated anymore, everyone is leaving, not many people look at the forums, it's all a cataclysmic mess right now.

I'm very sorry Wedge, but these forums are almost done for.

Feb 22, 2010 at 10:17 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
WiiWare killed the forums, In my opinion.

Feb 22, 2010 at 10:28 PM
Assistance
WiiWare did kill the forums as well. I don't think it is an opinion, it's more like a fact.
Cavestory WiiWare will never release, ever. I have a sense that it will be cancelled.

But anyways. Uncy, do you have a Skype or MSN or something? Private msg me if you have one.

Feb 22, 2010 at 10:55 PM
Been here way too long...
rewind forums one year, everything pretty good, nobody whining, and it really wasn't that different from now AT ALL. I've been here longer than all of you guys, so I've been able to see said "rot" best, and all that's really crammed up the forums with junk is an influx of newbs, but that also brings in cool new people. like you, ral.

plus, smooshing our discussion all over Uncy's mod probably won't propogate happy goodness in the frumz.

Feb 22, 2010 at 11:01 PM
Assistance
I guess it was my fault, then. I was the one who started it. Sorry, Uncy.
Please don't give up.

Feb 22, 2010 at 11:44 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Uncy Dave said:
@Gir: Well if changing all the levels, to the level one code is in fact easier then that'd be awesome. It'd also be much better, because the smoke effect is only on the first level. It'd be great to know how it's done. Thanks!

I forget, did I send you these offsets Dave? Because if I didn't I'm sorry I forgot.

Also the omega edit looks pretty sweet. Have you made the kershungo area easier yet? :rolleyes: (if not, please?).

Looking forward to the next release.

Also, I could probably help you with some other various misc ASM hacks if you need (I have a bit more time now). PM me or something.

@ Ralren:
Ralren said:
WiiWare did kill the forums as well. I don't think it is an opinion, it's more like a fact.
Cavestory WiiWare will never release, ever. I have a sense that it will be cancelled.

Why so emo/whiny? Oh well.....
I don't think there's anything to suggest it'll never be released. And doesn't seem appropriate to derail Davy's thread with this.

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:50 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
All right here I go.

@Gir: Yes, you did send me the script. I haven't worked out how to change the sounds yet, but I haven't really been focusing on it. The Kashungo mission should be easier now. This time around, there'll be the particle gun, which will now be more powerful.

@Everyone who is saying WiiWare is killing the forums: To be honest, I don't really care about cavestory on wiiware. One of my friends at school is telling me that I should buy a wii, so I can get cave story on it. But I don't think it's worth it. Saying that, I don't quite understand why it's "Killing the Forums" 'cause it's not really the topic that's going all around the forums as far as I know...

@Wedge: I wouldn't say that Modding is a pouplarity contest. I want to enjoy modding, but I still want it to be something that others will enjoy. But you are sort of right about what Ralren said about WTF Story. Personally, I think that WTF story is a really amazing mod.

@Ralren: Yes, I have msn. There may be timezone problems 'cause I live in Australia. I'll send it to you anyway. And I don't think I'll be giving up on this mod.

Feb 23, 2010 at 4:09 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Uncy Dave said:
The Kashungo mission should be easier now. This time around, there'll be the particle gun, which will now be more powerful.

I am now intently looking forward to the next release. :rolleyes:

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:23 PM
graters gonna grate
Hey Uncy, sorry if I'm being really annoying about this, but do you have any progress on
those maps for Super Smash Story
? It's no big deal if you don't; I haven't made much progress on my part of it either :(. Even if you're not totally finished, could you maybe PM me what you have so far, just to give me a vague idea of what they should look/feel like?
In Super Smash Story, most of the maps will not be at all "copies" of their original counterparts, but will have the same tilesets and a lot of the same elements, so really anything you have, even just a tileset, would be helpful.

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:35 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
Alright. I've been a little bit busy with school work for the last few weeks, but now that I've had pretty much all my exams for the term last week, I'll be able to pay more attention to this.

@Wegde of Cheese: What I'll do is work on that now, and PM you once I'm done.

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:50 AM
graters gonna grate
Uncy Dave said:
@Wegde of Cheese: What I'll do is work on that now, and PM you once I'm done.

Awesome, I'll stop hijacking your thread now :)