The Third Annual Kanpachis

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
But if they aren't nominated by at least 2 people, then they really aren't likely to receive more than one vote. So they're probably going to lose anyways.
They are still likely to receive more than one vote. More people vote than nominate. It's a non-existent problem anyway.

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:28 AM
/end
Should Shane really be counted under the unexpected return category? I mean, he joined the forums in 2012, left for a month and then came back? That counts as unexpected?

We should have some sort of time limit on it or something.

Like, I joined before 2012, left sometime around the start of 2012, and returned about 8 months into 2012, I guess I count as an unexpected return?

Anyway, I nominate Shane for Best New User.

The below is a bunch of junk I didn't want to post all over this thread.

Wild Desu said:
I can sort of see the Jacob and maybe the Doublethink, but the other two are a in a whole nother category :|
43501 said:
We are on the same wavelength, I was going to post "Dragonboots and Kage? That's harsh."
Personally, I only find DragonBoots to be the "worst" out of those 4. But, DragonBoots has been gone for like years so not really fair to judge his current persona.

And, I for one have always enjoyed fighting with, and winning against Kage.

HaydenStudios said:
but I personally don't think we should have that category because I think it would kindof cross the line between making fun of, and just plain insulting people.

I'll nominate myself for "Nicest" User. I'll be the first to admit I act like a complete bitchcookie at times.

Captain Fabulous said:
What

DoubleThink is actually nice though.
Not sure I understand the purpose of that thread. You were acting pretty nice in that thread, even to whyme who in later times you totally bashed into a wall.

Thing is, I wasn't saying DT, Jacob, DB or Kage were mean though. Just saying that their posting styles could be harsh.

To quote Kage on the subject of DT's style.

Kage said:
OH GOD DAMN IT NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN WELL MIGHT AS WELL PSYCHOANALYZE THIS ASSHOLE OVER THE INTERNET
INCORRECTLY
AGAIN

Jacob, DT, DB and Kage all had/have "harsh" posting styles and also had something unique thrown in as well.

Jacob = a kind of bratish young style.
DT = over analytical style.
DB = Perverted roleplay style
Kage = EGO style.

After a while of being on this forum you took all 4 of those traits and merged them into one.

Note: I am completely crazy in the sense that I view the forum as a video game where people have like 5 str and 4 int and etc and etc.

Jan 7, 2013 at 12:20 PM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
MetaSeraphim said:
Note: I am completely crazy in the sense that I view the forum as a video game where people have like 5 str and 4 int and etc and etc.
Way off topic so I'll be quick: That's interesting as hell. You should make a thread about it and post what you think everyone's "stats" are. You have me wondering how I'd "stat" people, too.

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
43501 said:
Way off topic so I'll be quick: That's interesting as hell. You should make a thread about it and post what you think everyone's "stats" are. You have me wondering how I'd "stat" people, too.
I second that. I would also like to nominate shane for best new user.

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Based Member
MetaSeraphim said:
Should Shane really be counted under the unexpected return category? I mean, he joined the forums in 2012, left for a month and then came back? That counts as unexpected?

We should have some sort of time limit on it or something.

Like, I joined before 2012, left sometime around the start of 2012, and returned about 8 months into 2012, I guess I count as an unexpected return?
Yeah, I was a bit uneasy about adding Shane to the list, a month is kind of silly. Especially considering that I believe Randolf was still in contact with Shane by other means before he was once again able to access these forums. Oh, and that reminds me, you've now been added to the list for best unexpected return.

MetaSeraphim said:
Anyway, I nominate Shane for Best New User.
Done.

MetaSeraphim said:
I'll nominate myself for "Nicest" User. I'll be the first to admit I act like a complete bitchcookie at times.
Yeah, I haven't actually seen a lot of your posts, but you didn't strike me as one of the nicer users. And seeing me on BhadRebelle's nomination list with you and Fab made me think she was being sarcastic and wonder if I had been being a jerk without realizing it, which I really hope I haven't been :3

Anyway, due to the amount of popularity a "Nicest" User category has been getting, I have decided to let that be an award, but a user can ONLY go on the list if he nominates himself, or if someone nominates him and he's either specifically stated he's okay with it, or admitted that he's generally not that nice of a user.

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:48 AM
/end
HaydenStudios said:
Yeah, I haven't actually seen a lot of your posts, but you didn't strike me as one of the nicer users. And seeing me on BhadRebelle's nomination list with you and Fab made me think she was being sarcastic and wonder if I had been being a jerk without realizing it, which I really hope I haven't been :3
Jerk. . . you've hurt my feelings.

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:51 PM
essentially spirited away for an indefinite time.
"..."
oh? I made it on.. this kanpachis thing? I'm surprised myself... .o.

Jan 10, 2013 at 5:37 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
I just realized that Best Name Change is a stupid category for this year, as we didn't have the wonderful IPBoard fiasco where I got stuck with aweiohgijuHIOGOSAGHOAISFJ or something and SEBTi with LunarSoul, ruining the point of the original category. Best meant funniest, not best.

Jan 10, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 10, 2013 at 6:10 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
hate9 said:
Best Thread:
On Modding and Mods (Carrotlord)
2013 != 2012
what, did you just put down the last thread you read?

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Based Member
Indeed, that thread does no qualify- it must wait till the fourth Kanpachis. Anyway, Dinny's post has been added, which reminded me to add LieithLeif's post which gave so much insight on a forum's inner-workings and what can be done with the post creation tools, that it deserves to go under "best" post.

Added Randolf and Dunc2403 to the list for most improved member.
Also, you guys had better give me some competition for best mod. Not that I wouldn't like winning, but if I never got any competitors, I would be unsure about whether or not I really deserved it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 15, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Based Member
Your mod has been on the list for over a week.
In addition, one single thing can not be in both something for best, AND its "best" counterpart. A user can be nominated for both best theory and "best" theory by having a good theory and a silly one, but one single can only get the user one or the other.

Jan 15, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Based Member
Dunc2403 said:
Personally, I think it's silly to have anything be nominated for two opposite categories.

Randolf said:
Please remove my thread from the '"Best" Thread' category.
Done.

Randolf said:
Or is it impossible?
Very easy. Users are taken off of the list if they say they don't want to go on it.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
That is garbage Hayden, Jacob worked very hard on that mod and is proud of it, why should he not be allowed to nominate it for best mod just because it was nominated for "best"?

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Based Member
Dunc2403 said:
Jacob worked very hard on that mod and is proud of it,
I've learned from personal experience that making mods that start by pretending to be what the title (and maybe even description) promises but turn out to be a quick joke don't take a lot of work, so I'm doubtful that Jake really worked that long or hard on it.
Dunc2403 said:
why should he not be allowed to nominate it for best mod just because it was nominated for "best"?
Because if you were to judge that mod without taking it as a joke, then it would be a horrible mod due hardly having any gameplay at all, and be more fitting for the "best" category, where either joke mods, or horrible mods go. I have yet to see any entries into these Kanpachis that are suitable for both best and "best" nominations.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Based Member
Of course, if there are enough supporters for it, then I will allow it.