The Third Annual Kanpachis

Jan 16, 2013 at 4:39 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
A few things:

Shouldn't nighth's "best post" be nominated under "best fanart"? It's not much of a text post, even though it's a reply to somebody else. I just think things art-related should be stuck under fanart.

And didn't magicmushroom come back, make a post or two, then just up and leave again?

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I'd like to nominate DoubleThink for the best contributor to Cave Story discussion.
Noxid should also be on the list for the Nicest User

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
trickybilly said:
I'd like to nominate DoubleThink for the best contributor to Cave Story discussion.
If you say so, although I've never really been that active in the CS discussion or theories sections. I will, however, nominate you for nicest user; you don't have to choose to extend aiding others for a living to this site, but you do it anyway :D

The Show got its final update this year so I'll nominate that for best mod, with special word given to Super Street Nito's Journey 4 EX Turbo Edition.

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
can I not be nominated for nicest this year
I don't really deserve it

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
yeah noxid is a real asshole, what were you guys thinking?

Jan 16, 2013 at 4:00 PM
/end
Wild Desu said:
Shouldn't nighth's "best post" be nominated under "best fanart"?
Why can't we have someone win two different awards for the same thing?

Jan 16, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Based Member
Wild Desu said:
A few things:

Shouldn't nighth's "best post" be nominated under "best fanart"? It's not much of a text post, even though it's a reply to somebody else. I just think things art-related should be stuck under fanart.
Fixed.
Wild Desu said:
And didn't magicmushroom come back, make a post or two, then just up and leave again?
We wouldn't have very many nominees if we only nominated users whose returns were followed through with.
trickybilly said:
Done.

trickybilly has been added to the list for nicest user. Not sure why, but having DT's quote here really messed things up no matter how many times I tried to fix it.
DoubleThink said:
The Show got its final update this year so I'll nominate that for best mod, with special word given to Super Street Nito's Journey 4 EX Turbo Edition.
There we go. Still need more, but there's a start.
trickybilly said:
I know exactly what you mean, and why, but no. Just no.
Noxid said:
can I not be nominated for nicest this year
I don't really deserve it
I love you Noxid, but I agree with you.
sexplosive said:
yeah noxid is a real asshole, what were you guys thinking?
Way to redeem yourself from last year.

If we never got any twelve-year-olds, spammy threads and posts, and everyone here was good and civilized at giving and taking criticism on mods, then Noxid would be a VERY good candidate for nicest user. But with that not being the case... Anyway, since the user himself said he doesn't want to go on this list, Noxid will no be put on the list for nicest user.
MetaSeraphim said:
Why can't we have someone win two different awards for the same thing?
1) It would be silly
2) If we did, then Best/"Best" thread would be over-populated
3) Aside from "best thread" which is already split into many sub-categories, I have yet to see one particular thing that would be suitable to get a user nominated for two different awards.

Jan 16, 2013 at 7:35 PM
/end
HaydenStudios said:
1) It would be silly
2) If we did, then Best/"Best" thread would be over-populated
3) Aside from "best thread" which is already split into many sub-categories, I have yet to see one particular thing that would be suitable to get a user nominated for two different awards.
1. How exactly would it be silly? Sometimes a post, a thread, a mod is good enough to be the worst and the best. Sometimes certain people are as mean as they are nice (Captain Fab) because they are bipolar or something. Captain Fab had someone nominate him for nicest, he self-nominated for "nicest", the same thing happened with me. Who is to say someone couldn't win both?

2. No it wouldn't because it has to be something special to be able to win the best at something and the worst at something. And why are you only referring to best and worst awards anyway? My quote was about someone getting a best award in two different categories.

3. nighth's post could easily, easily, easily win both for the best post in 2012 and the best fanart in 2012.

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:10 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Jan 17, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Based Member
MetaSeraphim said:
1. How exactly would it be silly? Sometimes a post, a thread, a mod is good enough to be the worst and the best. Sometimes certain people are as mean as they are nice (Captain Fab) because they are bipolar or something. Captain Fab had someone nominate him for nicest, he self-nominated for "nicest", the same thing happened with me. Who is to say someone couldn't win both?

2. No it wouldn't because it has to be something special to be able to win the best at something and the worst at something. And why are you only referring to best and worst awards anyway? My quote was about someone getting a best award in two different categories.

3. nighth's post could easily, easily, easily win both for the best post in 2012 and the best fanart in 2012.
Alright, you bring up a good point. That user is now in both best post and best fanart.

Mosaic said:
How about SEBTi's Noxid's Story for best mod?
Done.

Jan 17, 2013 at 3:09 AM
Based Member
Added. We needed more nominees for that category.

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:51 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I nominate myself for best unnonimated user.

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Based Member
I'm sorry Matt, but you are not eligible for that category if you have been nominated, as your complaining about doing helping things for the modding community thread is on the list ofr best thread. Dinny's Mod Promotion thread is there as well.

Jan 17, 2013 at 9:32 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Well that's new. Also, you spelled "Hy" wrong.

Jan 17, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Based Member
Oh wow, I only noticed just now that that's how you spell it. Anyway, fixed.

Also, added HardCore7777777 to the list for best first post. I know that's his only post, but it's still a first post.

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:15 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Captain Fabulous said:
The best contributor to Cave Story discussion is Mosaic, damn it.
I just saw this. I'm honored. I think. I don't know where this suggestion came from, but I might just be about to invalidate it.

How could we forget the (Random game title here) story thread for best thread? SEBTi even foretold it:

kanpachi 2012 best thread
Perhaps, though, it fits better under "best" thread. I'll leave it up to Hayden's judgment whether the quotation marks are appropriate or not.

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Based Member
Mosaic said:
Perhaps, though, it fits better under "best" thread. I'll leave it up to Hayden's judgment whether the quotation marks are appropriate or not.
The quotation marks are totally appropriate. Added.

Also added Ambient_Malice to the list for best post, and MMXPERT and 804168647 to the list for "best" post, 'cause those categories need some love'n. Also added You are all what software produced the mod? to the list for "best" thread.

The nomination period will be ending soon, so you'd better get any last minute nominations you want in before it's too late!

Until then, Critique of Cave Story has been added for "Best" thread, Matt Story and Cave Story 2 have been added to the list for "Best" mod, Haunted House Story for Best Mod, liammillay has been added to the list for best new user, and in an attempt to at least try to have some competition going on in that category, DualHack, Lord Shadow, and Jesvice have been added to the list for "Best" contributor to Cave Story discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 24, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Who gets nominated as "best member"?