The Third Annual Kanpachis

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
HaydenStudios said:
Your nominations have been added to the list aside from those bits of fan art because unless stated otherwise by a mod or admin of these forums, only members of the CSTSF are eligible for winning any Kanpachis.
Man, the forum staff isn't responsible for the Kanpachis. You didn't need to ask Noxid for permission in the first place. I agree that giving awards to non-members would be silly, though.

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:57 PM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Jan 5, 2013 at 10:59 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Ahem.

'Nicest User' - I nominate HaydenStudios, MetaSeraphim, and even Captain Fabulous.

'Best Contributor to Cave Story Discussion' - I nominate MagicDoors.
'Best New Member' - I nominate Kiyoshi.
'Best Thread' - I nominate Negativity Thread.

I'll be thinking of more, but as of right now this is all I can think of. d:

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM
The best contributor to Cave Story discussion is Mosaic, damn it.

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:38 PM
/end
Captain Fabulous should be under a "Nicest" User category. Along with Kage even if he never posts again.

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Meh. I don't really have a reason to think that Captain Fabulous isn't nice. So why not?

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM
BhadRebelle said:
Meh. I don't really have a reason to think that Captain Fabulous isn't nice. So why not?
Hehe, because even though he usually is, I don't think he has high bullshit tolerance. I noticed that when people here say something stupid, he's usually one of the first people to call them out on it.

Jan 6, 2013 at 12:18 AM
/end
When Captain Fabulous first joined the forum he was a pretty alright, level-headed calm sort of guy.

Then he changed into a a mash up of Jacob, DoubleThink, DragoonBoots and Kage. He hasn't been the same since.

I am not bashing him, since when looking back at some old posts I realized we got along pretty well. But, given his normal persona when going around the forums I would say he doesn't really fall under Nicer User.

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:33 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I can sort of see the Jacob and maybe the Doublethink, but the other two are a in a whole nother category :|

Anyway, I say he has settled down a bit.

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Wild Desu said:
I can sort of see the Jacob and maybe the Doublethink, but the other two are a in a whole nother category :|

Anyway, I say he has settled down a bit.
We are on the same wavelength, I was going to post "Dragonboots and Kage? That's harsh."

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Based Member
The nominations list has been updated, and I added GIRakaCHEEZER's Misery and Balrog.
The only thing I haven't done yet is add Captain Fabulous to the list of nicest users. As the host of this event, it is my duty to accept any nominations no matter how unfitting, or how outrageous, though I think there is some justification in hesitating before making sure that the user makes absolutely sure that she knows she wants to nominate that user. Before I add him, I want you to make sure that you really know who you're nominating, BhadRebelle.

Captain Fabulous often participates more ardently in the bashing of a new user than really is necessary or should be allowed, sometimes making unnecessary posts that serve no purpose other than to make a certain new user who has made some silly mistakes feel unwelcome, and received a sarcastic nomination last year for nicest user. Captain Fabulous is a duche, plain and simple. Maybe I'm just a bit prejudiced and haven't forgiven him for some of his posts in reply to some of my early posts, but you can clearly see there are some people to back me up on this.

As MetaSeraphim said, he would be much more fitting for a "Nicest" user award than a nicest user award, but I personally don't think we should have that category because I think it would kindof cross the line between making fun of, and just plain insulting people. Who would want to receive an award that says: "Congratulations, jerk! You have won the 2012 annual award for biggest asshole on these forums!"? But if enough users say they think there should be an award for this, then I'll add it. Not yet though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 6, 2013 at 3:16 AM
I love you too, Hayden. Although I agree with you, there's no need to defame my character when I'm right here to do so myself. Just a recommendation to look at my post history would have been fine.
MetaSeraphim said:
When Captain Fabulous first joined the forum he was a pretty alright, level-headed calm sort of guy.
What
MetaSeraphim said:
Then he changed into a a mash up of Jacob, DoubleThink, DragoonBoots and Kage. He hasn't been the same since.
DoubleThink is actually nice though. Or at the very least, not a jerk. I know you don't like him, but he doesn't deserve such insults.
MetaSeraphim said:
I am not bashing him, since when looking back at some old posts I realized we got along pretty well. But, given his normal persona when going around the forums I would say he doesn't really fall under Nicer User.
I can only agree with you. Thanks for nominating me, BhadRebelle, but my 2012 posting history hasn't been exceptionally kind. An improvement from before, in my opinion, but I don't think anyone in their right mind would vote for me.
HaydenStudios said:
As MetaSeraphim said, he would be much more fitting for a "Nicest" user award than a nicest user award, but I personally don't think we should have that category because I think it would kindof cross the line between making fun of, and just plain insulting people. Who would want to receive an award that says: "Congratulations, jerk! You have won the 2012 annual award for biggest asshole on these forums!"? But if enough users say they think there should be an award for this, then I'll add it. Not yet though.
Meh, I'd be fine with this award if I won it, but I think that would be pretty unfair considering the kinds of people we dealt with last year. I don't feel comfortable insulting people so impersonally and formally.

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:17 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
I nominate myself for the "Nicest" User category, I am, after all, one of the biggest haters of the twelve-year-olds here, despite being only a year older than the youngest of them.

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:28 AM
Based Member
Dunc2403 said:
I am, after all, one of the biggest haters of the twelve-year-olds here, despite being only a year older than the youngest of them.
Actually, you became that before you even turned thirteen.

Jan 6, 2013 at 7:19 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I propose a new rule for future (and maybe these?) Kanpachi awards: In order for nominees to make it to the voting stage, they should be nominated by at least 2 seperate people. That way we shouldn't have a whole bunch of nominees that only get 1 vote.

Jan 6, 2013 at 7:22 AM
It may severely cut down the number of nominees. I don't think that has been a problem in the past except for "Best Thread," so maybe we won't do that if it's not a problem again this year?

Jan 6, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
It may severely cut down the number of nominees. I don't think that has been a problem in the past except for "Best Thread," so maybe we won't do that if it's not a problem again this year?
But if they aren't nominated by at least 2 people, then they really aren't likely to receive more than one vote. So they're probably going to lose anyways.

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Based Member
Nothing Story has been added to the list, which reminded me to also add Jake's Challenge Mod!
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I propose a new rule for future (and maybe these?) Kanpachi awards: In order for nominees to make it to the voting stage, they should be nominated by at least 2 seperate people. That way we shouldn't have a whole bunch of nominees that only get 1 vote.
I'm not too hip on the idea of making it harder to get on this list. Some perfectly legitimate nominees could be hindered, and that would undermine the ability to self-nominate. Last year, I was the only person to nominate Shmitz for best unexpected return, and he won. Some categories really don't receive many nominations, so requiring two nominations would make getting people onto that list even harder.

EDIT: Anyway, I've added a few more of my own nominations to the list:

Best Theory:
- Skeletons
- Execution Chamber
- Where do the Colons sleep?
- Who killed the Colons' mother/father?

"Best" Theory:
- How Curly was drained
- Who IS Sue's father?!?!?!!?!11!?
- Wind Fortress: What are those Naked Curly Clones Doing?!?!