The random ideas topic of doom

Dec 10, 2008 at 11:14 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
You love them superior boobies don't you?

srsly though, their boobies are too friggin huge

Dec 14, 2008 at 11:48 PM
X-Calibar Online
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Here's one...

Random idea of doom :
Cave Story expansion (not sure what to call the expansion)
It adds things to the regular game, maybe new encounters, more difficult battles, maybe a few new npcs and maybe even a new area to the regular story?
Although the expansion features an all new secret path/ending.

Basically you play the game normally up until you fight Igor. Beat him, go into the Egg room but, DO NOT TALK TO SUE!
Instead walk past her to the hidden door you won't know about until playing through the game once.

Now you begin your climb up the Outer Wall... At some point near the middle or the end, a cutscene occurs...
Quote gets frozen in his tracks as... Momorin lands on top of him lol
[Alernatively, could just show Momorin falling past Quote, as he ignores her and continues on lol (would be comical)]

And thus the game would progress, with the ultimate goal of being involved with Toroko and King; instead of Sue and Kazuma...
Sue would be captured earlier in the game most likely [from the cage].
The Red Flowers will be taken without a fight... as Quote won't be there to stop them.
Quote doesn't meet Curly at the same place!

That means no Grasstown or Sandzone (maybe not a second egg corridor either..). But at least, two new areas instead...
And perhaps a new Sacred Grounds. Sacred Grounds (Hidden), which could explain the path Curly takes to get where she ends up?

Dec 19, 2008 at 12:43 PM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Another idea just crossed my mind, but I'm too busy making The Forgotten Game; Revival & [workingtitle]The 8 Superior Cave Story mod[/workingtitle] to even attempt it... (EDIT: At the moment... Maybe afterwards if nobody else attempts it first...)

Shadowgate Story!!
In a nutshell, this would be a combination of the game, Shadowgate, with Cave Story's style of gameplay. Though it would relatively be "easier" than the original game, the player would probably still die a lot, considering how usually one wrong move can spell instant death...

By the way, my earlier post's edit was posed toward's this statement...
jcys810 said:
You love them superior boobies don't you?

srsly though, their boobies are too friggin huge
Well then, how about this? Cave Story styled & no breast overexaggeration, is that better?
p11277-0-cs8superiorsig480x180.png

Dec 20, 2008 at 3:52 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I thought of a character (based on myself of course =D)
who is a robot with human shade skin and wears a santa hat.
he calls himself santa.
he claims he was once a mimiga and had his brain transferred to a robot so he could live forever.
(i kinda got that idea from another thread)

Dec 20, 2008 at 9:09 AM
Justin-chan
Well then, how about this? Cave Story styled & no breast overexaggeration, is that better?
That definitely is much better.

My last remaining gripe is that they're small in comparison to Curly. It's hard to replicate another style when you already have your own style. :C

Mar 3, 2009 at 12:09 PM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
DimJim said:
I have an idea for the Superuberepicinsanemodthingofdoom, where you find the polar star in a treasure chest, but with a catch: Every shot blows you into the wall behind you no matter how far. That'd be very difficult and fun.

In fact i've managed to do something pretty similar to that
I was playing aroung with the npc table and edited smoke so that, you can shoot it and it's solid. This kinda makes your weapons useless although but you can use the level 1 nemesis as a more unpredictable machine gun. The biggest problem though is that when you shoot upwards with it twice, you get pushed into the ground by the explosion of smoke and you'll fall off the map. It's still loads of fun though.

Mar 22, 2009 at 10:48 PM
Banned
WAKE UP YOU STUPID THREAD!!!!

May 22, 2009 at 7:58 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
what is TF2?

May 22, 2009 at 8:01 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!1!!
CRAWL OUT OF YOUR CAVE AND GET SOME SUNLIGHT!!!

May 22, 2009 at 9:47 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
Yes I am fucking serious.

May 22, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Justin-chan
Team Fortress 2.

Jun 27, 2009 at 7:31 AM
X-Calibar Online
Indie game enthusiast
PIXEL PRESENTS

*quick fade out*

Cave Story 2

*quick fade out*
*remote region in mountains showing with mysterious ominous figure watching stormy sky with lightning in distance*

*Another arrives*

Messenger :
"Ballos has been defeated."
Ominous Figure :
"Just as I thought.
What about the Robot?"

Messenger :
"He knows nothing yet."

*close up on ominous figure*
Ominous Figure :
"Good. Continue the plan."

*zoom out*
Messenger :
"What shall we do about
the Scout Robot, sire?"

Ominous Figure :
"Nothing."

Ominious Figure :
"No further need for him.
At least, not for now.
Follow the plan exactly.
Now, go."

Messenger :
"Yes, sire."

*Messenger flys away*
*Back to ominous view of mountains and stormy weather with Ominous Figure*

Ominious Figure :
"...
The time shall come ..."

*Quick art flash of Quote's portrait, says Quote next to it*

Ominous Figure :
"When the Gate of Darkness
is cast open..."

*Quick art flash of Curly's portrait, says Curly next to it*

Ominous Figure :
"All men shall kneel
before me..."

*Quick art flash of Misery's portrait, says Misery next to it*
*close up on ominous figure*

Ominous Figure :
"All shall hail me, Astriek,
as their new master!
*pause*
HA, HA, HA, HA...."

*Fade out*

One year after
the fateful battle
with BALLOS.

A new adventure begins
for QUOTE and CURLY BRACE,
the Scout Robots of
the Floating Island.

Cave Story
Episode 2
The Dark Crown
of
Chaos

Jun 28, 2009 at 3:38 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Deja Vu

X-Calibar said:
Cave Story
Episode 2
The Dark Crown
of
Chaos
What? Another crown?
:rolleyes:

Jun 28, 2009 at 5:05 PM
X-Calibar Online
Indie game enthusiast

I parodied this ::D
The crown would probably be okay, since Ballos returns :o [although you don't learn that till near the end of the game...]
And Asterik would be an interesting robot...

Although actually it might have been better to parody the title as something like :
The Dark Gun of Chaos ... but didn't sound quite right...
The Dark Spur of Chaos ... ? lol
The Dark
*ahem* well anyways

Jul 29, 2009 at 8:09 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Nameless story -big idea

It's a long one, sorry if you do'nt like reading...

My idea, Nameless story (because I couldn't think of a name),

You play as Chei (ch-ay), a young mimigma who comes from a hidden mimigma village beneath grass town. (This takes place in alternitive reality of the cave story universe).
Momorin (Sue's mum's) & co's expedition is a complete succes here, apart from one minor mistake of which they do not become aware of until they leave the island. Inadvertedly, Mopmorin's expidition re-activated a deactivated robot known as Function2 which was
built by the doctor upon a previous visit to the island where he trys to claim the crown but is stopped by a brave yound robot (Qoute) who then leaves the island.
-This spoiler will be touched on later on.

One day, an evil which discovers Chei's village after searching for it because of it's mysterious secret (whoooooo)...

It holds the whisper stone, a key needed to acces Function2's throne room. Oh yeah, Function2 was activated but not released.
-again, relivant later on.
During the attack, Chei's mother is killed by one of the evil whitches minions, who are just spikey ramped up critter who's yellow and spews poison/acid.
After a minute or two of gameplay involving running away from/avoiding the minion horde, you hide in your good freind Ikachi's (yeah, refrence only yo Ikachan) house until the witch takes the stone and flees.
I imagine "the witch" who's name I haven't decided will be like a cross between Misery and Kamek (if you can imagine such a thing).
So, after this you see you (Chei-you play as him so I'll refer to him as you) looking at your mothers grave. You then wander over to your house in which you find a chest containing a sword (after maybe exploring the village a little),-again the sword has no name, maybe just blade. Maybe "Advance blade".
Alll the weapons in the game are swords, one basic medium power one, one low powered one that you can throw( like blade lvl2), and one which at level 3 (yes you can level em' up) can summon tiny flying ghosts which circle you and do damage to enemys (3 on screen at once.) At level 3 advance blade explodes on contact with enemies.
So, you find the sword and then visit your granddad's house (again, you don't have to immedeatly, but it's the next story bit) and he tells you that the village has now been exposed to the upper levels of the island and now the demon trapped up there will come down to burn the village to the ground.
After this everyone in the village becomes very nervous, as Ikachi has heard this to and has already wide spread the news.
Ikachi will appear at later points in the game, having seemingly dropped out the sky too give you advice or for simple comic relief.
So, you take it upon yourself to journey to the upper levels of the island to stop this fiery beast from destroying your village.

For now, that's all I'll write, but I have the complete story written down somwhere, and will be back with more later. I hope I haven't bored you too much...
(Sorry if bad spelling or the grammar)

Aug 8, 2009 at 2:00 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
boredom and will probably not use it, so should I upload it here in case anyone might want it, or did you intend this thread to be limited to only ideas and suggestions?
It could be beneficial to create another thread for sharing real content in order to avoid this one turning into something of a request thread.
But then again, I think we are all independant enough to collaborate rather than leech off each other. Your thread, your call.

Aug 8, 2009 at 2:03 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
kurt1110 said:
boredom and will probably not use it, so should I upload it here in case anyone might want it, or did you intend this thread to be limited to only ideas and suggestions?
It could be beneficial to create another thread for sharing real content in order to avoid this one turning into something of a request thread.
But then again, I think we are all independant enough to collaborate rather than leech off each other. Your thread, your call.

Spambot...? I can't tell.

Aug 8, 2009 at 2:27 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
off the top of my head, i's say no, since it seems on topic.
but, sounds quite a bit like one.
i just dunno anymore