The random ideas topic of doom

Jul 24, 2008 at 5:55 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Baseless sex and violence meets serious and heartwarming platformer?
Only on the internet.

Jul 24, 2008 at 9:05 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Okay. This is the most badass idea ever. I'm starting it right now. I'm going to fuse it with the anti-furry sentiments as well. No Mimiga Sue for you.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<3

Oct 10, 2008 at 3:48 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Does the Rabil in Grasstown Hut count as a boss? He has more health than the others, and the boss music plays during the fight with it.

Oct 10, 2008 at 4:06 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
P'raps a miniboss. 40 HP isn't very much. And there's no boss meter.

And they're normal enemies on the Balcony.

Oct 10, 2008 at 4:13 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
What I meant was that he has more health than the ones on the Balcony.

Oct 10, 2008 at 4:27 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
No, there's only one Ravil NPC so far as I know. You just have stronger weapons by the Balcony. You can check, I'm pretty darn certain it's only 40 HP.

Oct 10, 2008 at 4:59 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I think the one in Grasstown Hut is Rabil, while the ones in the Balcony are Ravil.

Oct 10, 2008 at 6:23 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
King299 said:
I think the one in Grasstown Hut is Rabil, while the ones in the Balcony are Ravil.

You know what I think? I think it's just a spelling mistake. (v and b are directly side by side each other on the QWERTY keyboard)

Oct 10, 2008 at 7:32 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Me too, and it calls them Rabil in the credits. :D

Oct 10, 2008 at 11:49 AM
Justin-chan
I think there isn't a v in Japanese (hiragana or katakana or whatever) so it's translated to b.

Oct 10, 2008 at 12:57 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
No, You may be thinking of T.
In the japanese version of FLCL, Canti's name was Cachi or something else.

Oct 10, 2008 at 1:52 PM
Justin-chan
I'm pretty sure the same thing applies to V and B.

Oct 10, 2008 at 2:59 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
jcys810 said:
I'm pretty sure the same thing applies to V and B.

Most possible explanation. However, the version we are playing is the TRANSLATED VERSION. If, in some parts of the game, the monster is referred to as "Ravil" and in other parts, it was referred to as "Rabil", I don't see why it isn't a typo on Pixel's part. (Waitaminute, amirite? There WERE times when they spelled it "Ravil"... right...?)

Another explanation is: Pixel just wanted a go at 1337 spelling.

Oct 10, 2008 at 3:25 PM
Justin-chan
No. It was never revealed until the credits.

why aren't you on msn anymore D: exams?

i spent the whole day painting the dumb pillar in school @_@

Nov 5, 2008 at 7:48 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hunter-V

OK...i really hope everyone reads this and likes this mod idea..
So I already have the title for the mod its called Hunter-V. Yes, its mainly a "Castlevania" spin off- but a really good one at that...Oh why do i say that? Think of it as..Rondo of blood and Symphony of the night combined but without the whole RPG scheme. Oh yes and i mean our Belmont hero is a hybrid vampire...Other half is human for those who didn't guess. So here's the only 2 of the characters I've thought about

Vindicart Belmont- 18, Male. Vindicart is the possible strongest of the Belmont clan. His holy powers are unmatched against Dracula's own strength. Vindicart lived during the times of 1792-1800, Which was the time of Richter (Dracula X, Rondo of blood) and Alucard (Symphony of the night). Vindicart, even with his power tried to kill Dracula- but instead brought shame to the Belmont clan..By not killing Dracula and been bitten by him.
Vindicart, very shamed vanished from the Belmont clan and was never herd of again...Until...

Ryanhart Leiion- ????, Male. Ryanhart has very close ties to the Belmont clan. Keeping himself hidden from Dracula and his minions he has kept his family's ancestry alive... Coming from the time of 1941- WWII is in play- and so is Dracula. 1944, the war is coming to an end but Dracula is starting his plan (Portrait of Ruin). Ryanhart sent a priest to aid the two heroes. Ryanhart has not done anything else since that time...But the time will come.

Now here's the sort-of plot...

Vindicart Belmont, perhaps the strongest of the Belmont clan...Is shamed.
He was sent to the quest to defeat Dracula as all the Belmont's must, but he has failed...Worse than any other. Not only was he incapable to defeat Dracula, But also was bitten by him.
Ryanhart Leiion, a close friend to the Belmont clan- But also like a brother to Vindicart- Tried to treat the bite wound... He did all the best he could..But could not remove the vampire blood cells. Vindicart would not have the issue to feed, nor be harmed by light, holy items, and someother vampire weaknesses..But he was harmed by being hunted by his own clan...and family.
Feeling shamed and a monster, Vindicart simply vanished...he was never herd of since 1812.
Dracula, continuing rising then being slain was a constant war,until his final day of 1999 when Dracula was defeated for good...Only his powers remained.
But an unknown apprentice of Dracula has approached the spotlight and begin to wreak havoc across the U.S...Light has not shined out yet and Vindicart has come out of the darkness..And Ryanhart is in lead of a resistance name F.A.N.G.. In the near future where possibly the Planet is on the brink of hell, all eyes look to one Human...vampire...Belmont. Hunter.
Hunter-V

Well that's all what i have thought about..So give me your thoughts and hopefully we can work on this!

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:37 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Hmm, this is an...interesting idea. :\

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but the plot to this mod seems a little complicated. Could you expand a little on the plot points, or am I to assume that you have to be familiar with "Rondo of blood" and "Symphony of the Night"?

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:48 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
I'm not sure why this was posted twice, but I think discussion would be better directed to its own thread.

EDIT: Oh, never mind, it's because SP closed the other thread for some obscure reason.

Nov 9, 2008 at 5:23 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I wasn't sure about where to put this discovery, but...

While browsing through YouTube, I just came across a short video of a Cave Story mod called Doctor's Base-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ojaucebbvU&feature=related It seems as though somebody has figured out how to get Curly Brace to attack more than just the Labyrinth enemies.

Doctor's Base is NOT one of my mods, but I was uncertain about whether I should post about it in the Mods subsection or the Rom Editing/Hacking one.