the big list of "what can ruin your mod"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2007 at 4:13 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
WoodenRat said:
Actually, making a hard mod is a great idea. Because if you make it too easy, people will just finish it in 10 minutes...And the mod will be forever forgotten. Now, hard modifications take more time to make AND more time to play (duh). And are more recognisable I guess.

[lolz...]

EDITOTZ:
Well not too hard though. Cause people will just say "Ah screw this." (like soMEBOdy...) and just delete your "damn bloody hard" mod cause they know that they will never be able to be good enough to get through such a "damn bloody hard" mod.

Just found out that someone is in a fucking bad mood right now. ._. *meepz*

Dec 27, 2007 at 5:08 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Well not too hard though. Cause people will just say "Ah screw this." (like soMEBOdy...) and just delete your "damn bloody hard" mod cause they know that they will never be able to be good enough to get through such a "damn bloody hard" mod.
Fine then. Don't ask me to test your mod anymore. >=E

Dec 27, 2007 at 5:15 PM
Luls
jcys810 said:
Fine then. Don't ask me to test your mod anymore. >=E

D: I DIDNT MEANZ ITZ!

Dec 27, 2007 at 5:16 PM
Justin-chan
D: I DIDNT MEANZ ITZ!
You already know I'm in a freaking bad mood and you still did it.

Edit - Argh, sorry. But seriously, in a freaking bad mood. :/

Dec 27, 2007 at 9:25 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
WoodenRat said:
Actually, making a hard mod is a great idea. Because if you make it too easy, people will just finish it in 10 minutes...And the mod will be forever forgotten. Now, hard modifications take more time to make AND more time to play (duh). And are more recognisable I guess.

[lolz...]

True enough, but it'd be best if you set up the game as a possibility for either difficulty.

Easy - Adding more platforms between jumps, reducing enemies and spikes, giving more life with capsules, giving a greater weapon selection.

Hard - Less platforms, harder jumps, more enemies and traps, less life from capsules, a few weapons removed.

Insane - Near-impossible jumps only gods could make, an overflow of evily-places enemies, little to no life from capsules, and only 1 weapon given.

Too bad the game doesn't have a mutiple-choice menu. Then again, you could just set up 4 npc-events, asking if you'd like to play >Whatever< Difficulty, then turn on flags accordingly.

Dec 28, 2007 at 4:49 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Best Mod in existance: Jenka's Nightmare.

Dec 28, 2007 at 3:52 PM
Pirate Member
Kageryushin said:
Best Mod in existance: Jenka's Nightmare.

Probably. But it gets all screwed when you clear the chimney and go to the outer wall, it slowly starts losing it's greatness. And when you enter and attempt to kill the sisters, there's no way out after you defeat them. But I don't know much about it, I downloaded it a long time and I'm guessing it got updated?

It has some great puzzles, esspecialy the fire thing before fighting enraged Toroko or what's her name.

Dec 30, 2007 at 10:35 PM
Scratch the last thing I said.

Schism = Best Mod in existence.
Jenka's Nightmare = Best direct Cave Story sequel Mod.

Dec 31, 2007 at 1:04 AM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
*Sad nao* D:

Dec 31, 2007 at 2:17 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
WoodenRat said:
Probably. But it gets all screwed when you clear the chimney and go to the outer wall, it slowly starts losing it's greatness. And when you enter and attempt to kill the sisters, there's no way out after you defeat them. But I don't know much about it, I downloaded it a long time and I'm guessing it got updated?

It has some great puzzles, esspecialy the fire thing before fighting enraged Toroko or what's her name.

No, the version with the Fire puzzle is the most recent one. And it's not finished yet, which is why stuff doesn't work. Still, it's the longest mod that's been made so far. I think ._.

Dec 31, 2007 at 4:07 AM
Luls
DoubleThink said:
No, the version with the Fire puzzle is the most recent one. And it's not finished yet, which is why stuff doesn't work. Still, it's the longest mod that's been made so far. I think ._.

I think my favourite is Schism and second favourite is Jenka's Nightmare <:

Dec 31, 2007 at 8:17 AM
ZTaimat said:
*Sad nao* D:

I was actually kind of interested in playing your Mod for awhile, but I could never download the Mod correctly and I was therefore never able to view it. So, yeah, let’s make a deal, you upload you series unto a more reliable download station and I’ll play it and we’ll see how it goes, k?

Metalogz said:
I think my favourite is Schism and second favourite is Jenka's Nightmare <:

Oh. Look. We actually do have something in common.

I’m not sure whether I should be insulted or if I should take this as a valuable chance to up my approval rating here. Hm… Choices, choices…

Dec 31, 2007 at 8:38 AM
Justin-chan
I’m not sure whether I should be insulted or if I should take this as a valuable chance to up my approval rating here. Hm… Choices, choices…
You don't need to bother upping your approval rating on Metalogz, lmao. He already hates you as it is.

Dec 31, 2007 at 9:18 AM
Luls
jcys810 said:
You don't need to bother upping your approval rating on Metalogz, lmao. He already hates you as it is.

omfg I don't wtf? Stop making me seem like I hate everyone new dammit

Dec 31, 2007 at 1:27 PM
Justin-chan
omfg I don't wtf? Stop making me seem like I hate everyone new dammit
Oh? And you still said you hate Kageryushin in the forum several times?

Dec 31, 2007 at 2:37 PM
Luls
jcys810 said:
Oh? And you still said you hate Kageryushin in the forum several times?

Not not since the first thread he first appeared in.

Dec 31, 2007 at 6:46 PM
Roonil Wazlib said:
Yup, I'm sure its the second one as well.

I mean, he probably acts the way he does because of the way some of us treat him here, and I don't mean you.

Yes! I was driven to this state by you foul people! Those who ostracized me and made me an outcast! Oh woe is me! And hate! It as well has filled the gap within my heart! And then, a sinister plot did form within my mind, one to take vengeance upon this vile Forum and its vile inhabitants!

My career began here as soon as I openly insulted xristox because of her (its?) complete inability to type, let alone spell, on any level. I was completely unprovoked, and I’m not usually provoked at all. Her drawings are just as horrible, and my right mind is telling me to abuse her about it right now.

Dec 31, 2007 at 6:58 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Kageryushin said:
My career began here as soon as I openly insulted xristox because of her (its?) complete inability to type, let alone spell, on any level. I was completely unprovoked, and I’m not usually provoked at all. Her drawings are just as horrible, and my right mind is telling me to abuse her about it right now.

She is a he and lots of your posts are just troll posts, member's PM'd me.
You're just a stupid troll, don't play the "hurted".

b.t.w. Why delete your posts? Because don't feed the trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.