The Beast Fang's Intent

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I thought the Beast Fang was a symbol for 女たらしの獣の刻印 - or mark of the hacker beast who seduced the succubi.
It's an ancient Japanese tale about a half-man half-beast who managed to win the hearts of devilish / youkai women by using his flute.

Today, that Japanese tale has gone viral - the beast man or "hacker" who did the Hot or Not page for Harvard.
Basically you would vote on which Harvard girls were hot. This was an attempt to get revenge on the female student body of all the Ivy Leagues.

Who was that beast man? The beast hacker... is Mark Zuckerberg, the idea man behind Facebook!
So that means... Studio Pixel is actually Mark Zuckerberg! I knew it all along!

Nov 24, 2012 at 8:23 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
diph.php

(The image that was linked:)

p160458-1-io6et.png

Theory confirmed, case closed, everyone go home.

Nov 24, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The mighty Pixel has answered us yet again. I wonder what he originally planned for the item to do/what purpose it would serve. Oh well. [/endthread]

Nov 24, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
...or we could try ask him that as well.

Nov 25, 2012 at 12:31 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
You guys realize that asking pixel literally ruins the theories section right

w/e

Nov 25, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
You guys realize that asking pixel literally ruins the theories section right

w/e

Wait you're saying.... we can ask him all the things??

Oh man, I want to ask him every theory now.

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Haha, that might be true. You have an eye for details Turbocharge.

Nov 25, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Veteran Member
Wait you're saying.... we can ask him all the things??

Oh man, I want to ask him every theory now.
I actually have a list of stuff I've been thinking of asking Pixel... but I'm afraid if I ask so many questions I'll just aggravate him and end up being ignored.

Which of the following would you guys say we should try asking (first)? And do you figure it would be best to try putting them into simpler terms?

Did you have a name for the weapon dealing creatures with blue fur in the beta?

Was Arthur in the beta, just like Poo Black? (Both are dead from the beginning in the final game).
Was Arthur perhaps the name of the frog prince?

Can you give me a brief rundown (or outline) of the story as it was in the beta? (We know Quote had to protect the Mimiga from the Soa and that he would be helped by Sue and the Frog Prince... can you give us more details?)

Are the Cthulhu secretly evil? They help you for the most part, but they openly laugh at your misfortune and liked it better when Curly did not have her memories. What's more, their name is that of a fictional deity that's generally hostile to humans (although having followers among them).
Did they only help Quote for their own (evil?) purposes?

Was Miakido human? If so, was he the man Quote and Curly fought?
Or was that someone else who didn't live long enough to get a statue?

Did Misery (and Balrog?) meet Quote (and Curly?) when they fought the previous owner of the crown? The translation by Aeon Genesis does not suggest this, but in the translation by Nicalis it does seem like they did meet before.

Was it Curly that killed the Colons' mother? Or was it another robot?

Did most Mimiga live in Grasstown before the war? Is that why there's an execution chamber and a storehouse manned by robots (presumably invaders from the surface) and in the 3DS version also cages with bones and many abandoned houses?
Did the Mimiga establish the village we see at the start of the game after escaping from GrassTown?

Booster has a strong reaction when first seeing Quote. Is Booster the creator of Quote? (And Curly?) Or is he just lying about not having met Quote before?
And if he is hiding anything, why?

Is there a connection between Booster and Ballos/Jenka? He shows up at Jenka's home in the ending and in his dying portrait he has his red glasses partly broken so that he has one eye red and one white, just like Ballos.

The room where the core was is highly technological. Was it built by the invading robot army, perhaps to contain the core before destroying it?

The story of Ballos that we're told in Sacred Grounds, is it Quote remembering things he knew (and that Curly apparently doesn't) or is it just narration offered to the us the players?

How was Ballos able to attempt killing Quote and Curly after his death? And how is the island able to float without the core once he dies?

Did the Colons die, or did Curly give up finding them?

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Been here way too long...
blagh are we kidding here
if we ask pixel everything, this section has literally no point. It is far more interesting to come up with our own theories than to appeal to a higher power.
Plus, we know that pixel often leaves things up to the player's imagination. you are unlikely to get fun answers.

Nov 26, 2012 at 3:02 AM
Veteran Member
blagh are we kidding here
if we ask pixel everything, this section has literally no point. It is far more interesting to come up with our own theories than to appeal to a higher power.
To me theorizing is fun... for a while. Then I like to have definite answers. Seeing as it's been some time since Cave Story was released, I wouldn't mind getting those.

Plus, we know that pixel often leaves things up to the player's imagination. you are unlikely to get fun answers.
That's true, but he's been rather forthcoming lately.

Nov 26, 2012 at 3:22 AM
Based Member
Booster has a strong reaction when first seeing Quote. Is Booster the creator of Quote? (And Curly?) Or is he just lying about not having met Quote before?
And if he is hiding anything, why?
Regarding that one, I thought it was pretty well implied that the only reason Booster was shocked at seeing Quote was because he recognized him as a robot. And that pretty much being all there is to it.

Nov 26, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Veteran Member
Probably so, yes.

Nov 26, 2012 at 4:43 PM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Maybe the Beast Fang was intended to be something for the Blade that would have upgraded it, but Pixel decided that there was enough weapons already?

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:09 AM
"Huzzah!"
At some point we need to realise that the fanbase sometimes knows more about the work than the creator, especially if said creator is absentminded. *cough* Joss Whedon fans. *cough*

Nov 27, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
At some point we need to realize that the fanbase sometimes is more obsessed about the work than the creator. Sometimes.

Nov 27, 2012 at 4:58 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Nov 27, 2012 at 3:43 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
(In reference to some earlier posts.) You guys really puzzle me sometimes. Why did so many of you get disappointed when Pixel confirmed this? While I understand your desire to speculate, isn't the point of a theory to discover something new? And isn't that what we've done here? Besides, it's not like there's nothing more on this that is left to speculate on. So what's with all the complaining about Pixel confirming this?

EDIT: Oh, wait, that was just Noxid. My bad!

Nov 27, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
If Pixel did go through and answer all our questions, it would be interesting to see how close theories came, or how completely different they actually were. It would also paint a more detailed picture for a more accurate prequel story...

Nov 27, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Veteran Member
My thoughts exactly. Maybe it would be better to first make topics discussing all those points I listed (those that haven't already been debated, anyway)?