• has no style

• has no grace

• this kong has a funny face

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 2, 2019 at 8:39 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
holy god you actually put my old garbage blargo oc's in there that's incredible

Jun 2, 2019 at 8:43 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Well crud there goes my free day.
I altered it with a min length of 45 mins. Really it depends. When I started this a massive inspiration was LoZ BotW (dystopian world, you can just walk up to the final boss underprepared, etc.) It's way more linear but you can still skip over half of the content if you somehow kill the boss(es?) early.

holy god you actually put my old garbage blargo oc's in there that's incredible
I'm the librarian. Every season 1 (forums arc) lore I could find I magnified into an actual story.

Jun 2, 2019 at 11:04 AM
Mint Online
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Can take up to 3 hours to complete.
I was lying when I said It'd be months until I would write my thoughts about a mod again.
Yet this one was a special case anyway wasn't it.

I stated writing this at ~9:15, let's see how long the dive goes.
Everytime I load a cs mod i still don't expect all that fancy ogg or whatever usage so when it pops up like how it does on the title it gets me quite hooked.
p370050-0-cp7i5g.png

I could've sworn I've seen this before.
p370050-1-mbc4ll.png

Very similiar indeed.
p370050-2-w12c5i.png

And yet I'm enough a fool to forget this.
Save upon losing? Heck yea.
Chest now being out of my reach? Awwww...
p370050-3-lc3f0x.png

To be simple and enter the door first or first check the chest with possible untold treasures?
p370050-4-ytocse.png

My memory of this is as dead as blargo.
I'm curious as to why i'd have to activate a weapon through my inventory- but perhaps I'll see later on.
And immediately I also forget how the bubbler is maybe not that smart to use on a behemoth when I barely can jump over them.
Bonus points for only 1 ammo.
p370050-5-ccyqlj.png

I'm not sure how I would've discovered it if I didn't see the particles while killing the bug in this room.
Ah heck I love this 4-shot fireball.
p370050-6-mhsjtc.png

I thought he was long dead at this point.
Also hi Mahin.
p370050-7-twyunj.png

I didn't know your house is a spaceship, cool.
And yes that is my cursor, it's a good cursor.
p370050-8-koz9cl.png

I want to get off Mahin's wild blargo space ride.
Hi Igor what are you doing here so early.
p370050-9-bhkj9y.png

Somehow I feel like I've had hell here before.
p370050-10-6kix0y.png

Perhaps that's why.
Now the level 3 bubbler looks very interesting. Now I can finally properly use that holding bubble barrier part.
Oh shit I can even use it with the fireball.
p370050-11-x3x74c.png

I can't believe you'd be as rude as to do something as bad as th-
p370050-12-2qna99.png

Oh allright then.
p370050-13-tgalze.png

p370050-14-df4pnr.png

:(
Honestly this place could use a checkpoint at the start- Provided I didn't actually just miss it.
p370050-15-glh87q.png

I mean how many months has it been again.
--Many spike deaths later--
p370050-16-qvrblh.png

Please bless me with a checkpoint oh please.
Spell of block destruction more like
oh god my patience hurts.
p370050-17-re7cj4.png

Who hurt you so much.
Oh but thanks for the lightning weapon.
p370050-18-lsudbs.png

Who hurt you indeed.
p370050-19-67or7c.png

Oh shit.
Oh hey it's the tower of I never got to enter.
p370050-20-ealdlb.png

Dammit.
Oh hey a gift from heaven.
p370050-21-prpmdr.png

Yes thank you.
Oh heck looks like I entered the realm of Blargo.
p370050-22-yixxp9.png

If it weren't for my dire need for checkpoints I would've tried.
It's too dangerous now.
Ah yes, the gallery of sin.
p370050-23-pbrgys.png

Who the heck is this nerd.
p370050-24-yf86qx.png

So about that checkpointing.
p370050-25-fd3tj9.png

For real though, I barely feel like doing all that over again.
p370050-26-jquzcz.png

Also is it too late to make lore about the person I can see in this.
And once again I fall at the 1-block jumps.
I'm really not enjoying that.
It took me way too many times to get back.
p370050-27-v7qy5c.png

Yeah, with a dang checkpoint.
p370050-28-2ymsd7.png

Yeah, guess why.
Ok I'll stop now.
Of course I died.
p370050-29-4ccmmv.png

I said I'd stop complaining but what is this.
At least Vandal seems to be a cute.
Either way, at least i get to look at Mahin's second house now.
Leading me somewhere way different too huh.
p370050-30-hys045.png

Despite the things I don't remember I seem to remember this.
Ok door, avoid me then.
p370050-31-pgn7lm.png

To think I'd be blessed to find another checkpoint.
p370050-32-shr1t7.png

My santa, what big eyebrows you have.
p370050-33-l52zc4.png

That's not how doors work you fool.
And then the game freaks out, time to restart. At least my checkpoint saved.
p370050-34-i7uord.png

Oh heck.
I finally dare touch the chest.
Worth it.
Also Vandal more like fuck the bullet cap.
No don't corrupt caves you meanie.
Speaking of breaking bullet caps, I think i just broke the boss and were forced into letting the blarglet kill me. Why must I be tormented like this.
p370050-35-rifa4l.png

Dammit even this is familiar.
p370050-36-bmd0hy.png

Oh no.
p370050-37-2pp3r9.png

Mate you fucked something up.
p370050-38-towf8r.png

This place feels a lot nicer than the one-block jump area.
p370050-39-0chrxp.png

This was worth the journey...?
p370050-40-mzi1cy.png

Oh god the game is freaking out and this is no moment to take screenshots is it.
p370050-41-ksdks4.png

Sounds like a bad idea but okay.
p370050-42-m2yt46.png

Might as well do it now.
15 seconds, I did better than I expected.
Hey really cool levitation.
Hey levitation doesn't last...forever...
Oops.
p370050-43-ifyh2b.png

Guess I'm weak, seeing as I died enough to finally open this up.
Oh well, can't go on all day.
Come here holy blade of kapow.
Now that's a crazy weapon, too bad I have no chance to take a screenshot.
It took me a while to actually defeat, especially since I kept falling until I realized there's a holy little platform on the left.
p370050-44-lr927w.png

It couldn't have been closer.
p370050-45-etxh68.png

Ah yeah, wipe out the shitposting.
Well and it looks like that was it, game doesn't seem to wanna work anymore unless I get rid of the bye.bye file- but what is it for anyway? Doesn't look like any file i've seen.

So yeah, It was certainly worth trying this out, there was a bit of a dry moment where I had to keep doing the same area over and over again but then again that made the reward for the little side journey better.
The bosses are a bit of a mess to panic inn but on the other hand that made it enjoyable, less with the final boss though since it's easy to just keep panicking around the moving blocks until you find the platform and manage to keep your xp up. I have deep respect for those that can do it without the blade- or even without the levitation.
What was there already in the last...version? mod? (I'm not even sure hahaha...) It's a good update of that version either way, but I've trouble remembering my experience with it since it's been a while since.
Actually have I ever written my opinions on that one? I think the time capsule idea is pretty cool, even if the mod generally feels a bit dependent on it in the end. It's regardless a nice little way to give the player a helpful little push if they're struggling.
The levels are enjoyable to say the least but the last two areas before blargo's domain can really use an extra checkpoint or maybe two though others may feel others about that. The Door in the gallery did almost demotivate me from going on (or at least without cheating). Kinda also felt like the ending felt a bit more direct than I expected (unless I missed something?).
Either way I think this an enjoyable and valid closure on the one called Blargo, finally we can be free of his curse.
PS: The time I finished the mod was around 11:21, yes, I took 40 minutes to finish writing so I guess it did consume my morning whoops. Still got under the 3-hour mark though.
Now is a good time to announce my new plans for a mod I'd like to call; the adventures of Mersiy.

Jun 2, 2019 at 12:15 PM
I'm curious as to why i'd have to activate a weapon through my inventory- but perhaps I'll see later on.
There are 6 weapons but 5 open slots, so that's how you decide what's equipped. Having Vandal take the bubble spell was a recent change and the block destroyer is a gag so there might be a better way.
And then the game freaks out, time to restart. At least my checkpoint saved.
oof, yeah the game just randomly crashes as a rare chance on map loap, never found what causes that. Maybe because it's gone through like 10 versions of Clownacy's Modloader :p
unless I get rid of the bye.bye file- but what is it for anyway? Doesn't look like any file i've seen.
It's 290.rec . Right before the crash it OOB's 5 seconds and <STC's, then the menu reads the time and instead of doing the whole character menu thing it runs a quit function.
So yeah, It was certainly worth trying this out, there was a bit of a dry moment where I had to keep doing the same area over and over again but then again that made the reward for the little side journey better.
Yeah, there's some common-death points I admit.
The bosses are a bit of a mess to panic inn but on the other hand that made it enjoyable, less with the final boss though since it's easy to just keep panicking around the moving blocks until you find the platform and manage to keep your xp up.
These are pretty much old bosses from Cavern Tale I repurposed, I hate them too as the definite weakest aspect of the mod.
I have deep respect for those that can do it without the blade- or even without the levitation.
Levitation should be mandatory, the game iirc ALWAYS gives you it, even if temporary. Brayconn beat it without the blade though so that's possible.
What was there already in the last...version? mod? (I'm not even sure hahaha...) It's a good update of that version either way, but I've trouble remembering my experience with it since it's been a while since.
Exactly a year ago a limited buggy version was leaked as part of an ARG, though 90% of the mod is based off of the 20 blargo mods in this thread, so that deja vu might be all these old maps from these blargo mods.
Actually have I ever written my opinions on that one? I think the time capsule idea is pretty cool, even if the mod generally feels a bit dependent on it in the end. It's regardless a nice little way to give the player a helpful little push if they're struggling.
Yeah, the game kinda pushes you take advantage of it, that's why I wrote so much dialogue. Forcing death isn't really the best though.
Mate you fucked something up.
Will be hotfixed.
The Door in the gallery did almost demotivate me from going on (or at least without cheating).
In this hotfix I halved the damage they dealt, but yeah eyedoors are probably a bad choice on my part.
Kinda also felt like the ending felt a bit more direct than I expected (unless I missed something?).
I didn't have time to write a happy ending, nor do I quite know how to approach that. It is pretty blunt I agree.

Jun 2, 2019 at 12:20 PM
Mint Online
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
oof, yeah the game just randomly crashes as a rare chance on map loap, never found what causes that. Maybe because it's gone through like 10 versions of Clownacy's Modloader :p
I had this when I exited Santa's house if it helps any.
Levitation should be mandatory, the game iirc ALWAYS gives you it
It didn't give me it when I first fought it!

Jun 2, 2019 at 12:31 PM
It didn't give me it when I first fought it!
Maybe I didn't do that after all, I'll look into it.

Anyways, updated all the links in the OG post with a hotfix that fixes several minor things. There's a few uncommon softlocks that I have to tackle but I don't have time, hopefully can get those sorted on Monday. That's 3 people who've beaten it though so I'll reward myself with getting back to a sleep schedule.

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:59 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
uppers
blargo's final final stand

Oct 8, 2023 at 5:27 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Bumping an old thread without due acknowledgement
IM MAKING MAI'S BACKSTORY BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE IT
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO