Teterraro

Jun 5, 2011 at 10:47 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Jun 6, 2011 at 3:47 AM
Assistance
Three lucky individuals on the list have been chosen to play the early dose test! Congratulations to Cripplechair, Sexplosive, and Lace!

The "early dose test" contains content that will not be used in the actual testing segment. Which means, the single map that you interact in within the test will not exist. Dialog is also exclusive to this only test.

Jun 6, 2011 at 4:56 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
Ralren said:
Three lucky individuals on the list have been chosen to play the early dose test! Congratulations to Cripplechair, Sexplosive, and Lace!

The "early dose test" contains content that will not be used in the actual testing segment. Which means, the single map that you interact in within the test will not exist. Dialog is also exclusive to this only test.

p126219-0-backpain1292835351.jpg

Ohyes, I'm stoked. Testing this baby out immediately!

Edit: All right, I've played the early dose. This map and its dialogue might not be used, but I very much like the buildup and progression shown. The aesthetics are awesome; between the music and the map, you've definitely built up a strong 'etheral realm' feel, and constantly referring to "Me" is a nice touch with the dialogue. As for dialogue, I like the overall cryptic feel to it, however sometimes a snippet here and there feels like filler. All in all, you've done a good job of establishing a foundation for the player so they know what they're getting into. Keep at it like this for the actual first map and you'll do fine. Good work!

Jun 6, 2011 at 1:21 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
THANKS FOR NOT CHOOSING ME LOL

Jul 2, 2011 at 4:59 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
How is this mod going so far?

Jul 2, 2011 at 8:45 AM
Assistance
Slow. No development has been going on, since me and Grave have been pretty busy during the summer. We're just taking time with it.

Aug 8, 2011 at 7:28 AM
Assistance
Under the great hiatus. We've been pretty busy on being lazy, so we're just taking our time on it. :c

Aug 8, 2011 at 2:19 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Aug 8, 2011 at 2:58 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I see a pattern forming here...
You could call it Ralrens "Unique" Modding style

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:19 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
JetHawk95 said:
I see a pattern forming here...
You could call it Ralrens "Unique" Modding style

Quite "unique," indeed.
:)

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:43 PM
I don't anymore.
Well I was looking forward to this mod, but I'm definatley gonna have to wait. I've seen this pattern of work before and it does not end well...

Aug 8, 2011 at 8:50 PM
Assistance
Nobody should be making stupid assumptions that the development wouldn't end well because of some pattern. I'm not really handling the mod myself anyways, it's all on grave to say that he wants to work on it or not. He's still really wanting to work on it, but his life has been really busy. We are perfectly fine with it, it's just that we want to enjoy our lives other than being dependent on one single thing. We're making this just to have fun and to be co-operative!

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:00 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'll wait however long it takes :3

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:01 PM
Assistance
cultr1 said:
I'll wait however long it takes :3

Now that's feedback I want to hear. :3

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:34 PM
I don't anymore.
Ralren said:
Nobody should be making stupid assumptions that the development wouldn't end well because of some pattern. I'm not really handling the mod myself anyways, it's all on grave to say that he wants to work on it or not. He's still really wanting to work on it, but his life has been really busy. We are perfectly fine with it, it's just that we want to enjoy our lives other than being dependent on one single thing. We're making this just to have fun and to be co-operative!

I speak from experience. But if all it is is a delay on one persons side then it's fine. I thought you were going through that pattern where you just don't touch it until you REALLY feel like it.

Aug 10, 2011 at 11:24 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Your modding skills are quite astonishing. Very few people here manage to pull of the atmosphere in their mods like you can, yet your attitude is similar to most young people living in the 21st century. Yes, I'm talking about the Stop pressuring me I'll do it, tomorrow. attitude. I can only hope this mod will be different and you won't come up with some banal excuse on why you stopped making it. Just be careful - ideas are more easily generated than commitment.

Aug 10, 2011 at 12:02 PM
"Huzzah!"
Great to see the modding seen is as buzzing as ever! Even better to more people really pushing what can be done in Cave Story...Or perhaps even what a videogame is. But yeah, sounds pretty cool. The mod of mine is to do with dreams, and it really isnt easy visualising soemthing as insubstantial as someones psyche...

Aug 10, 2011 at 5:27 PM
Member Title
WoodenRat said:
Stop pressuring me I'll do it, tomorrow.
That's me!

Similarly to Cultr1, I'm willing to wait. In my opinion, the slower development is the more ideas the developer can come up with, alongside thinking about things they could change in the work they have already created.

Aug 11, 2011 at 2:07 AM
Assistance
Cave Story said:
That's me!

Similarly to Cultr1, I'm willing to wait. In my opinion, the slower development is the more ideas the developer can come up with, alongside thinking about things they could change in the work they have already created.

You prove a good point. The main reason why I even stopped and cancelled my earlier mods was pressure, mostly with a wide audience. I felt like I was doing labor as opposed to making something and having fun with it. Besides, with longer waits and holds for development, more ideas can be available for me and grave.

I just have a vibe that some of the people here are impatient, and they just don't respect others for what they do and how they handle their own hobbies and activities.
Again, I'm not handling this project. Grave is.