Teterraro

May 16, 2011 at 4:00 PM
A old relic from older days
"..."
Ralren said:
Tests for this mod will work the same way as the Tale Of The Broxxus tests. Random active members will be chosen to test when the mod is playable, and testable. With that being said, let me give out a surprise:

Everyone who has posted in this thread, before this specific post are going to be the members that can test, consider it a surprise for all of you special posters! ;3

Congratulations to:

Cultr1
Woodenrat
Wilddesu
Cripplechair
Cave Story
Doublethink
Woodenrat
Carrotlord
Sexplosive
Safusaka

*Fistpump* WOOYEAH. :muscledoc:

The main reason I joined the forums here was to support the mods, so I'm pretty pumped to be a beta tester. I WON'T LET YOU DOWN

May 16, 2011 at 8:41 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Ralren said:
Tests for this mod will work the same way as the Tale Of The Broxxus tests. Random active members will be chosen to test when the mod is playable, and testable. With that being said, let me give out a surprise:

Everyone who has posted in this thread, before this specific post are going to be the members that can test, consider it a surprise for all of you special posters! ;3

Congratulations to:

Cultr1
Woodenrat
Wilddesu
Cripplechair
Cave Story
Doublethink
Woodenrat
Carrotlord
Sexplosive
Safusaka

Thanks, man!

We just had a long string of tests in different classes, so my teachers aren't going to assign anything huge for this week at least. I'll be sure to give you my opinion, because although this is the first mod I've played from you, I like the concept of it.

May 16, 2011 at 8:56 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
ralren you are

you are my hero

May 16, 2011 at 9:13 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Omigawd this sounds totally epic. And knowing your design/artistic skills it will be! sealofapproval.png

May 16, 2011 at 10:00 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
HELL YEAH!!! Ralren looks like we are getting a fan base here!

May 16, 2011 at 10:01 PM
Assistance
Grave.exe said:
HELL YEAH!!! Ralren looks like we are getting a fan base here!

Hell yes we are! :muscledoc:

Wedge of Cheese said:
Omigawd this sounds totally epic. And knowing your design/artistic skills it will be! sealofapproval.png

Thanks! I'm loving the excitement!

May 16, 2011 at 10:05 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
May 19, 2011 at 12:39 AM
cultr1 said:
Carrier pidgeon with a USB drive?
god this sounds awesome
someone somewhere needs to do this

also eagerly awaiting first beta I love you have my manchildren etc
although are you sure doublethink wants to beta test he just gave some praise, and didn't really offer his time or anything
whatever I'm sure he'll be pleased as punch to help
it's not like he has anything better to do anyway haha

May 19, 2011 at 12:52 AM
Been here way too long...
Ralren said:
The almighty Ralren and the Legendary Grave.exe present after tumultuous amounts of awesome...
The best :rolleyes:

May 23, 2011 at 4:44 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Well this looks AWESOME. I can't wait to try it. Something tells me it will be a bit of trail and error though...

May 23, 2011 at 5:30 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Youv'e got my support all the way Ralren and Grave,
Keep up the good work!

May 24, 2011 at 11:21 AM
Assistance
sexplosive said:
also eagerly awaiting first beta I love you have my manchildren etc
although are you sure doublethink wants to beta test he just gave some praise, and didn't really offer his time or anything
whatever I'm sure he'll be pleased as punch to help
it's not like he has anything better to do anyway haha

Regardless if the person will enjoy it or not, or a little praise, he contributed his words. Since there are alot of people who are listed to test, not all of them will receive it at the same exact time. Some on the list will be able to test it by it's earliest testing release, while some will test the close-to-demo release. I'm choosing the most trustworthy people who will have enough heart and soul to give us plenty of feedback, whether it's an opinion, to just bug finding fixes. I know my members, and I've talked to alot of them. I can tell if they have the scrotum to put themselves in that type of responsibility. Besides, it's all about having fun and enjoying others projects! :pignon2:

Development has been a little rocky for a few days, since I'm edging closer to vacation, and spending time with people. Also, Terraria. Grave has been a little busy as well, but we are taking our time with it. I'm planning to throw in a little progression tomorrow, and plus we are still currently working on the first map. I made some two pretty dandy songs for the mod, and I modified the <SSS sound effect to sound like some kind of pulsating-like heavy breathing. <SSS will play a pretty big role in the TSC library in Teterraro. I've mentioned about it several times in the IRC, but in case if no one has ever seen any elaboration about it, <SSS will become faster each time an enemy (Teterraro) is near, or when danger is close (Teterraro). <SSS will also go faster while someone (Teterraro) is yelling at you. Hearing such a sound kind of makes me feel disturbed, yet neutral. It kind of feels warm, and expansive, like a fleshy beast that you wouldn't mind hugging up against, but just feeling out of place while doing so. Or maybe it feels like you're being watched..

Overall, we're having fun with this. Expect more updates and screenshots to the first post. We're also planning to go a lot deeper with this, beginning to start drawing concept art for the three dream realms, and the "shells". A very early sample test will be released sometime in June.

May 24, 2011 at 12:35 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
I would like to help in any way possible.

May 30, 2011 at 9:14 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Stop playing Terraria

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:54 PM
Assistance
Concept art, and a short storyboard of the Equinox.
First post has been updated with a "Concept art" Section, along with
more screenshots.

p126211-0-0ad4x.png

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:59 PM
interesting...

Jun 5, 2011 at 10:00 PM
I don't understand... :D
Obviously we storyboard stuff differently.

(Perhaps you could annotate your sketch a bit?)

Jun 5, 2011 at 10:00 PM
Member Title
Cool, but do you know when the first demo will be released? (I'm not trying to rush you or anything, but I was just wondering because I remembered the full release was this Summer.)

Jun 5, 2011 at 10:07 PM
Assistance
Lace said:
I don't understand... ;)
Obviously we storyboard stuff differently.

Yes, storyboards are mostly understood by the creators, since they made it themselves to understand where they should be going while they develop. Each of those squares resemble how the game should look, and how the areas should be designed. Since there barely isn't much plot in the mod, all we could do was just draw the environments. The arrows lead to the progression of each environment, then to the tower where the actual mod starts with it's action. The final square with the blue and green leads to the next dream realm. Everybody is different with their own style.

Cave Story said:
Cool, but do you know when the first demo will be released? (I'm not trying to rush you or anything, but I was just wondering because I remembered the full release was this summer.)

A quick early test will commence sometime very soon, for some of the chosen people on the list. We have an un-used map that they can play on, and experience Teterraro how it's meant to be. This will be a very early alpha test, with not much to do, other than interacting with the environments. :D

Jun 5, 2011 at 10:16 PM
Ralren said:
Each of those squares resemble how the game should look, and how the areas should be designed. Since there barely isn't much plot in the mod, all we could do was just draw the environments. The arrows lead to the progression of each environment, then to the tower where the actual mod starts with it's action. The final square with the blue and green leads to the next dream realm.
I had gathered the majority of that.
The thing I was missing is that the squares were how the rooms should look/be designed, and not literally what the rooms are.

Thanky.
I'm really excited for this.

Edit:
Nifty how the first screen can be seen in the background of the second screen.
Maybe I'm hallucinating.