Teterraro

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:06 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
There's been no word on this for awhile so I'll ask. How's it going? If there is a positive answer, can we see some of the fruits of your labor?

It's been awhile since I thought of this mod.

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Rorlon has abandoned the forums.

Jan 4, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
And modding, for now.

Jan 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM
I don't anymore.
Jan 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
1. When did this happen? Was it over irc or something because I can't find a post or VM stating this? Or are you making assumptions based on his last post date?
2. Didn't Ralren repeatedly say that Grave was the one working on this project and that he was helping out? Even if Ralren "quits modding forever" that doesn't stop Grave from working on and releasing the mod.

Jul 27, 2013 at 4:16 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Hi all. I was digging through my external harddrive and found this. I dunno if any of you have played it yet but yeah if any of you still remember this failed project well here you go.

You never saw me. -flies away-

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2014 at 8:23 AM
I don't anymore.
So I took a look at the demo for this that no one was supposed to see tonight, and fuck the police I feel like talking about it.

So while I could talk about the art style's good and bad parts, and the dialogue and shit, it was a demo and all up for change. What I really liked about this preview was the atmosphere and attention to detail on visuals. The music and sounds were nice too and gave this little demo some personality other than "Cave Story Mod". I don't really know how the gameplay would have carried, which is when this atmosphere would have been at the most risk of being fucked up, but I feel content with what is here and the idea of it. From a gameplay perspective it isn't anything special and while it does accomplish a few things as a tutorial, it could have been smoother, but maybe it isn't even meant to be the first level and is just an atmospheric sample.

The whole "I am you you are me" style of dialogue has been poked at a lot, and looking at it I've never particularly minded it, I just think it would have fared better had the rest of the content existed. With no context this is just some random short weird artsy thing because of the dialogue. I wish I could have seen where that went.

I think this is the only thing ever posted in the modding section to be actually good in terms of environment and level layout/atmosphere. Everything else seems to fall into the category of "Cave Story Mod" by the end of the day and doesn't stand out like this.