Steam Winter Sale

Dec 20, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Good god, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is 25% off for a little over $11.

I've owned it a little over the month it has been released and I already have 110+ Hours on it. Get this game.

Dec 21, 2014 at 6:11 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Hey Jon... Can't believe it's here already...
p161876-0-76561198051147654.png

I need to stop buying games...

Let's see what's available...
Isaac rebirth looks great, but... I'll probably wait till it's 50% or 75% off. Haven't completely finished the original yet!

PS 0.49 - 0.66 cents for the original Isaac for the next day.
0.87 cents for One Way Heroics
1.29 Darwinia + soundtrack
1.19 bit.trip runner 2 ... or
5.00 bit trip collection (runner 1, runner 2 + dlc, core, void, fate, flux, beat and all soundtracks)
1.24 vvvvvv
Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition free through indiegala I think
1.24 bleed
1.49 Castle Crashers (ends soon)

Those are pretty good deals, but what do I recommend...?
Hmm... I'm currently enjoying the Walking Dead adventure games, and if you like that; and you like Borderlands... there's that new Tales from the Borderlands game, that might be worth keeping an eye on. Unfortunately, only the first episode is out I think. Looks fun though lol

Oh, and there's this game Consortium. It's only got the first episode out currently, check out this eyecandy for episode 2. It's a game you might like Jon... Currently it's on sale for about 5$ through humblebundle weekly I think. A little more through Steam, but maybe it'll go on sale further at some point.
Anyway, that game is really pretty interesting. It's really kinda short, but it's quite open-ended, and your choices have a major impact at attempting to figure out the story. Which I will not spoil at all!! It might have kinda, just okay graphics and fighting, but the story and character development is pretty stellar. Not to mention the music is from Jeremy Soule... <3 Anyway, for a unique adventure, check it out.

And then there's Secrets of Raetikon. That was a fascinating gameplay experience. Beautiful game. Not extremely fulfilling for a certain reason I won't spoil. But, nevertheless... with a good controller it's like being a bird... It's pretty short, but artistically worthwhile imo.

I can try recommending more if you wish...

Dec 21, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
This may sound a bit crazy, but origin actually had some good sales this year. Bad company 2 was 5 dollars, spore was cheap too (forget what price.) But then again, that's all relative: origin sells games at what they would have cost when they were released. So when they finally lower the prices, it makes you feel like you're getting a really good deal.

Dec 21, 2014 at 4:09 PM
Melon Lord
Well Cal, Isaac Rebirth came out on November 4th. I'm not sure if the deal will ever get any greater, but when I looked on the Steam Page again, the discount for Isaac Rebirth increased from 25% to 33%, making it now $10.04

Ah yes, I need to get Tales of the Borderlands soon. Might be a gifting year, to be honest.

Dec 22, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Get the long dark. It looks like it will be an amazing game. It has nice looking graphics (similar in style to the wind waker, being arty and whatnot,) smooth gameplay, and is updated nearly every week, like in the golden days of minecraft.

Dec 23, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Melon Lord
Walking Dead Series is 75% off. Season 1 and 2 are $6.24.

Also the Humble Store is having an Encore Sale. Maybe some deals you guys are interested in? https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Dec 31, 2014 at 10:02 PM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
where's the game list

Dec 31, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Yeah, the picture is broken as far as I could tell.

From the front page:
Transistor. Good mechanics, Good music, same group who made Bastion.

From the hidden back lines:
Bleed. Compare the trailer to the price tag. I bought this with sold trading cards alone.

I can't really pick anything else out though, I mostly play old games I've never gotten the chance to when I was younger, so I haven't played nor heard of most of these.

Dec 31, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Get don't starve. It's cruel but very fun.
Awesomenauts is great too and I believe they're both still a couple of dollars.

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:51 PM
Indie game enthusiast
Dec 23, 2015 at 4:49 AM
Melon Lord
Dec 25, 2015 at 3:17 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I got my $20 Steam card an hour ago. I already spent half of it.

Dec 26, 2015 at 9:10 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
if you're a fan of real time strategy, Empire Total War and all the expansions are only like £6.50 rather than £27 or something

Dec 22, 2016 at 6:10 PM
Melon Lord
2016 - the year may have sucked, but it isn't too late to hop on some of the great games that have been released this year for cheap! Feel free to give reccomendations on what to buy and share good deals you've stumbled upon.
http://store.steampowered.com/

Jan 2, 2017 at 3:49 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Here's my final list of games:
- Reveal the Deep = $0.49
- OneShot = $8.99
- Left 4 Dead 2 = $3.99
- La Mulana = $3.74
- Environmental Station Alpha = $4.79
- Bit Blaster XL = $0.49

I was considering getting Owlboy for $19.99, but the reviews dissuaded me from it. It was generally agreed upon that it did well in the art and music departments, but was ultimately lacking in gameplay. Probably going to wait for it to go on a larger sale before buying it.

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:46 AM
Indie game enthusiast
^Environmental Station Alpha... Yes!!!

I splurged... worse yet, I didn't focus on savings percentages, so ... D:

I ended up buying:

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 $9.99
(Since I got the sequel as a gift, I'll need this one!)
Typoman: Revised $8.70
(The trailer to this game looks awesome... Link
Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition $17.49
(I enjoyed the visual novel Ever17 a lot. This one sounds similar. Survival, bonds, choices, action...!)
DOOM $19.79
(I kinda want to try DOOM single player. I have a great video card, and I'm buying all 2D games so.. lol)
Trouble Witches Origin - Episode1 Daughters of Amalgam - $6.99
(Oh! I played Trouble Witches YEARS ago. No translation... I see it's evolved with new art... Low price + great SHUMP gameplay... cute and fun.)
OneShot $8.99
(Is GiR involved with this game? Even before thinking that, I had it on my wishlist... It just looks interesting.)
Princess Remedy In A Heap of Trouble $2.69
(Already played through this short one xD If you haven't played the free Princess Remedy by the guy who did Iji, Remar, then you should!)
Owlboy $19.99
(I was on the fence about this game. But, hey... 9 years in the making was it??? I was heavily tempted to wait for it to drop to $5 price range... But, I've been wanting to give it a shot for years now. Might as well indulge!)
Angels of Death $8.99
(Hm. The reviews look interesting... As a fan of the RPGmaker genre, I just had a good feeling about this one. Impulse buy...)
Night in the Woods $19.99
(Night in the Woods... I have a few mixed feelings about it. But, it's just so beautiful. The designs... the characters! It's very likely worth the full price. So, here's hoping it's one of the best titles of 2017 ;))
Along the Edge $11.04
(Um. I was on the fence with this english visual novel. But the art won me over. Great reviews helped too... Another impulse buy.)
Mad Father $3.99
(Played the free version of this horror game. I'm ready to be creeped out again 2017.)

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:20 PM
Indie game enthusiast
I just ended up getting a couple more chapters of The Dream Machine.
How is that game? It had a really unique claymation style.
p356926-0-23763383614251130thed.jpg