Steam Winter Sale

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM
"Huzzah!"
Sad that I missed getting Spelunky for 75% off! But I've got so many games that I haven't even touched that I'm sure I won't even play them all before it comes back on sale again next year, ha ha.

Dec 27, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
FrozenFire said:
Sad that I missed getting Spelunky for 75% off! But I've got so many games that I haven't even touched that I'm sure I won't even play them all before it comes back on sale again next year, ha ha.

Bit of a damn shame I haven't snagged another copy to gift. Then again, there are usually the encore deals on the last day. We'll see.

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:33 PM
"Huzzah!"
JonSpider said:
Bit of a damn shame I haven't snagged another copy to gift. Then again, there are usually the encore deals on the last day. We'll see.
Encore deals? Hmm, I'll have to keep my eyes open. I missed it because I worked a long shift and I forgot about using the Steam app on my phone when I went on my break. I was definitely more sad about missing Spelunky than Rogue Legacy. It certainly would be awesome if it went on sale again at the end.

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:38 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I got a $50 gift card for Christmas so I bought AVGN Adventures because I've wanted it for a while
I do not regret my decision.

Dec 28, 2013 at 11:25 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I need to get one of those so I don't have to keep pestering my parents to use their paypal account.

I really wanna get NiGHTS and the portal/portal2 pack.

Dec 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Melon Lord
Well guys, seems Gabe has answered our prayers - Spelunky is one of today's Daily Deals at 75% off, making it cost $3.74. You guys got 48 Hours to nab this thing. COME ON.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/239350/

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:11 AM
"Huzzah!"
Got Spelunky! Valdis Story still hasn't gone below 40%. Hoping it will by the end of the sale. I'll be getting it either way, and planning on doing a let's play. If Rogue Legacy goes down to 75% off again, I'm probably going to get it as well. Besides that, I don't think there is anything else I want badly enough right now, besides Planetary Annihilation, but I'm going to wait a couple years for that to come down in price because I can't justify paying that much when I know that I won't get to play it enough (can't game all day; gotta pay the bills!). I was going to get The Walking Dead games, but I opted to just watch PewDiePie play through them. That's good enough for me.

Dec 31, 2013 at 12:49 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
X-Calibrate said:
Cave Story +
-. ... . . . . ..
Can you please describe to me "NSEEEEI"?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

I'm new to Steam, and thus far have only bought three games. Most of the games I'd suggest have already been suggested, although I haven't read a single reply recommending The Stanley Parable. The game at full price is 15 dollars, which most people wouldn't want to shell out considering that the gameplay is driven by a narrator, and none else. At a cheap price, I'd most indefinitely purchase it.

Dec 31, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
ChimeApple said:
...although I haven't read a single reply recommending The Stanley Parable. The game at full price is 15 dollars, which most people wouldn't want to shell out considering that the gameplay is driven by a narrator, and none else. At a cheap price, I'd most indefinitely purchase it.
Stanley was just released in October, so I wouldn't ever expect anything past 33% during the sale. In my opinion, I bought it at 12 USD and absolutely loved it, but the uniqueness of it means that it's definitely not for everyone. The player's personal humor is practically what determines how much they get out of it. (In which case the steam-demo is a great way of feeling it out yourself without spoiling it.)

Jan 1, 2014 at 6:00 PM
The entire Half-Life series are on the daily, for those not educated.

Mark of the Ninja is also on sale tonight, including it's DLC special edition.

EDIT: Today is the final day! Encore deals will roll in as I type this, and all sales end in 24 hours.

Jan 1, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Melon Lord
EnlightenedOne said:
The entire Half-Life series are on the daily, for those not educated.
I suppose Half Life 2 and Episode one and two are still worth the money despite it being released almost an entire decade earlier? Not sure if anyone else has played it.

Also Valdis Story: Abyssal City, is on the first Daily Deal for 2014, at 75% off and $3.74. I suppose I might get that one too.

Jan 1, 2014 at 8:16 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Seriously? I actually convinced one of my friends to get VVVVVV during the sale since I thought it wouldn't go lower than 2.49. I definitely recommend VVVVVV to everyone, best game I've played.

Jan 2, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Melon Lord
Alright guys, as the stone tablets predicted, the Steam Store is having Encore Day, and all the best games/deals they had return for one day, at the cost of no Community Votes and seemingly no Flash Sales here. The Humble Store is still going on and today is its last day too, check them out. Here are the best deals in my opinion, that I'm probably gonna get today, if I haven't gotten them already.
Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/
Metro: Last Light - 66& off ($13.59)
Payday 2 - 55% off ($13.49)
Bioshock Infinite - 75% off ($10)
Tomb Raider 2013 - 80% off ($10)
Stanley Parable - 40% off ($9)
Borderlands 2 - 75% off ($7.49)
And many More from Steam

Humble Store: https://www.humblebundle.com/store?utm_source=mainpagebanner
Gone Home - $6.80
Papers, Please - $5
Rogue Legacy - $5
Don't Starve - $5
Faster than Light - $5
The Binding of Isaac w/ Wrath of the Lamb DLC - $4
Dust: An Elysian Tail - $3.75
Guacamelee! Gold Edition - $3.75
Audiosurf - $1
DLC Quest - $0.75

Snag them before they're gone and start 2014 with some awesome games my friends.

Jan 2, 2014 at 7:58 PM
Dunc2403 said:
VVVVVV is on sale for $0.50. There's no reason not to get it.
Thatnamelessguy said:
Seriously? I actually convinced one of my friends to get VVVVVV during the sale since I thought it wouldn't go lower than 2.49. I definitely recommend VVVVVV to everyone, best game I've played.
I actually bought a second copy for gifting purposes once I saw it win on the community vote. That's one of the greatest deals I've seen (other than the free installs, like L4D2).

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Melon Lord
Another year, another Steam Winter Sale. We got Steam Winter Sale 2014 here.

Curious, I can't decide stuff this year. Do you guys have any recommendations for me and the others?

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
JonSpider said:
Another year, another Steam Winter Sale. We got Steam Winter Sale 2014 here.

Curious, I can't decide stuff this year. Do you guys have any recommendations for me and the others?
Well, if you haven't gotten it already and if it goes on sale, I recommend The Fall. I made a thread about it a few weeks ago.
Edit: Okay, apparently it's 50% off until Jan. 2nd. Good to see that it's having a discount again.

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:48 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
WOA Monaco is 91% off...I'm almost tempted to buy it but I should probably get through the games I already purchased on Steam already. I barely touched FEZ after buying it during a Steam sale.

Y'know what, I might just cave in and get it. meh