Spur and the Snake

Feb 22, 2011 at 4:01 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
i still prefer super missiles to kill the undead core
provided you have them at max level, it's plenty easy enough to kill it with missiles left over unless it gets delevel'd or you don't have all the expansions

Feb 23, 2011 at 8:08 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Malpercio said:
i still prefer super missiles to kill the undead core
provided you have them at max level, it's plenty easy enough to kill it with missiles left over unless it gets delevel'd or you don't have all the expansions

The Spur does more damage and has unlimited ammo, though. Yes, you *can* use super missiles, but *why* would you?

Feb 23, 2011 at 4:04 PM
Pirate Member
because faster fire rate, which really shreds the two forms that can tank more damage than one Spur shot.

Feb 24, 2011 at 12:19 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
But the undead core is not constantly shootable, nor is it possible to float directly in front of him, shooting.

Feb 24, 2011 at 12:51 AM
Banned
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Tpcool said:
I so far have only beaten Cave Story with only the Spur and Machine Gun and I have never used the Snake. I never even hear anybody talk about it in these Forums, so for quick reference, is the Snake comparable to the Spur/ Machine Gun?
I haven't beat the game but I have the spur that makes it alot faster
GO SPUR:muscledoc:

Feb 24, 2011 at 7:57 AM
Pirate Member
Landonpeanut said:
But the undead core is not constantly shootable, nor is it possible to float directly in front of him, shooting.
what do you think the floating minicores are for?

Feb 24, 2011 at 10:44 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Yeah, they always bothered me. I remember once that if you shot them they go to the background but that hasn't happened recently. I think just platforms.

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:25 PM
"..."
Landonpeanut said:

In this respect, at least, Malpercio is quite correct. With the Booster 2.0 and some finesse, you can remain airborne for quite a long time.

hammil said:
Yeah, they always bothered me. I remember once that if you shot them they go to the background but that hasn't happened recently. I think just platforms.

They go to the background if they're obstructing you. At least, that's the idea. For example, if one's bulldozing you, it'll likely go intangible after a second or so. If one would crush you, it goes intangible.

Feb 24, 2011 at 8:22 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Malpercio said:
what do you think the floating minicores are for?

Eh, I said that poorly. I meant that the snake has a much higher DPS when shooting something constantly, but the periods at which the undead core prevents you from damaging it allows the spur to charge without losing time that could be used to... shoot it. Also, it is mostly impossible to be shooting the undead core constantly with the snake during the periods that he is not invincible.

Feb 24, 2011 at 8:25 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The nemesis (or blade if you've chosen it) takes down the undead core really fast anyways, you don't need the spur/snake/super missiles. Plus why waste your missiles here, when you should use them in hell?

Feb 24, 2011 at 8:51 PM
Pirate Member
because between the thousand-and-one butes in Hell, the presses near the start, the Mesas, and the 24 missile chest you'll make them all back anyway.

if for NO other reason, i use the Super Missile Launcher because stuff blowing up looks so badass.

Feb 24, 2011 at 9:24 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Malpercio said:
because between the thousand-and-one butes in Hell, the presses near the start, the Mesas, and the 24 missile chest you'll make them all back anyway.

if for NO other reason, i use the Super Missile Launcher because stuff blowing up looks so badass.

That requires that you wait around for their corpses to die after you kill them. But really, who has the time to do that?