Sorajima Monogatari

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:22 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Upaa said:
Agh, this has endless potential (I always enjoy prequels more than sequels) but appears to like using my CPU. A lot.

Thanks! ^_^ I'll see what I can do to lessen the game's appetite.

Jun 13, 2009 at 3:33 AM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I agree, also I think if you want to start a topic on GP then it would probably be best to set the topic up in the general discussion forum.
There's a general discussion area in here? I tought this forums only were for Doukutsu Monogatari-related, off-topic-before-you-know it discussions. But well, I've never clicked the link leading to "Mirai Gamer Forums", perhaps I should try that?

Oh, and I've updated to the new version 0.5.4.4, BTW. I haven't tried the new version of Sorajima, but I will do so someday soon. Summer holdiays' finally begun. [/offtopic]

EDIT:
Found the main Mirai Gamer forums! ^_^
Anyway, I played Sorajima's most recent version and updated my last post in the GMC topic.

Jun 14, 2009 at 2:09 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Remaking a lot of the engine again. -_- Could take a while... It's going to be much more advanced now, working on making CaveMaker save files as .cav which then can be read and opened by Sorajima via an .ini file. CaveMaker should include full event and weapon manipulation. I'm going to use the CaveMaker to create the entire game from now on. Already partially successful with this but it is still glitch filled and I'm having trouble storing dialogue data.

The idea of it is somewhat like that of the editor used by the game Battle for Wesnoth. Maps will be saved as a collection of digits and letters. Eg: 1 = basic tile, 2 = secondary basic tile, ect. So let's say a map is 20X3 it will look kind of like this:

name='random'
multiplayer=0

And another file for event data maybe but I'm working on fitting it all in one file.

Multiplayer will be an option hopefully, only on one PC at the moment but I'm looking at how to work through LANs. ^_^

Jun 23, 2009 at 5:38 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
It looks like you are it for this...

Would you like to use my 8-directional sprites in some parts in your game that you are creating? This could give you thinking before deciding.

p64629-0-fluff88368directional.png

EDIT: I may need to create the armed weapon movements, having one arm equipped with a gun.

If you use them, you can credit me if you want.

Jun 26, 2009 at 4:09 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Fluff8836 said:
It looks like you are it for this...

Would you like to use my 8-directional sprites in some parts in your game that you are creating? This could give you thinking before deciding.

p64629-0-fluff88368directional.png

EDIT: I may need to create the armed weapon movements, having one arm equipped with a gun.

If you use them, you can credit me if you want.

That might add an interesting element to the game. I'll see if the need for them ever crops up. Thanks! ^_^

Jul 23, 2009 at 10:59 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
How's it going, Kurai? You haven't updated the GMC topic for quite a lot of time...

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:34 PM
essentially spirited away for an indefinite time.
"..."
I hate THIS GAME! Make Quote easier to beat! Give him a machine gun instead of the same weapon! I wouldnt hate Quote if he WASNT SO EXTREMELY HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 12, 2009 at 1:52 AM
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Aug 12, 2009 at 2:46 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Ryuuoutan said:
I hate THIS GAME! Make Quote easier to beat! Give him a machine gun instead of the same weapon! I wouldnt hate Quote if he WASNT SO EXTREMELY HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, you hate this game because of one little boss fight?
Seriously dude, if that's the only reason why you have hatred over this game, then you got to be kidding. Yeah, Quote had some challenge, but he wasn't THAT hard. Why would you want him have the machine gun? That is just going to get your ass kicked even harder.

Aug 18, 2009 at 1:01 AM
essentially spirited away for an indefinite time.
"..."
I can easily avoid his shots! And the Laser Gun shots are too hard to jump over! Plus the game even freezes during the helicopter thing!

Nov 1, 2009 at 8:19 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I return! My long leave of absence had a lot to do with a hard drive crash destroying all traces of Sorajima Monogatari's source file and leaving me rather bitter. But since then I have come into possesion of a monstrous tool which has allowed me to hack my last release and continue working on it. Expect a new release sometime next week.

Ryuuoutan said:

Level up! Quote is weak, stupid and slow and if you're even just level 2 then he's easy as an easy thing to beat. He's meant to be there to piss you off when you've forgotten to level up, sort of a harsh reminder of a basic game element.

Anyhoo, any suggestions apart from fixing the robot soldiers guns (I know that glitch >_< cus Gamemaker 7 doesn't have a certain code element, it will be fixed!)

Also I've just thought up a plot element involving one Dr. Sakamoto... ^_^

Nov 1, 2009 at 12:35 PM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Hmm, didn't know that this game existed...
Welcome back :p

Nov 1, 2009 at 3:03 PM
But since then I have come into possesion of a monstrous tool which has allowed me to hack my last release and continue working on it.
ah, I have that tool.
:p

good to see ya back.

Nov 1, 2009 at 10:41 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
The physics in this game are really off putting T.T

Nov 1, 2009 at 11:53 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Kurai said:
Level up! Quote is weak, stupid and slow and if you're even just level 2 then he's easy as an easy thing to beat. He's meant to be there to piss you off when you've forgotten to level up, sort of a harsh reminder of a basic game element.

I don't want Cave Story or any mod to be another grinder. Just make Quote easier, then more people will actually play past that point.

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:08 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
DaPhinoXX said:
I don't want Cave Story or any mod to be another grinder. Just make Quote easier, then more people will actually play past that point.
Or you could, I dunno, maybe spend five more minutes on leveling up your gun, maybe? It's not breeding Chocobos, for Christ's sake!

Nov 2, 2009 at 10:00 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Schokobecher said:
Hmm, didn't know that this game existed...
Welcome back :eek:
Thank you! ^_^
Lace said:
ah, I have that tool.
:p

good to see ya back.
Its a bit unsettling but I suppose it does come in handy some times. :p Thanks!
xristosx said:
The physics in this game are really off putting T.T
This is one of the main things I'm working on, its surprisingly hard to get physics in any form working right in Gamemaker but I'm trying. :D
DaPhinoXX said:
Its no grinder, Quote has very little health and is pretty easy to beat if you use your terrain to your advantage, even at level 1.
T-Jack said:
Or you could, I dunno, maybe spend five more minutes on leveling up your gun, maybe? It's not breeding Chocobos, for Christ's sake!
Exactly! ^_^

Nov 2, 2009 at 3:45 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Gack!

Okay, so quote was fairly easy, getting a level 2 gun took maybe a minute.

However, the second boss was a pain. Tell me, is there a save point in Edge Town? Cuz having to redo the helicopter scene AND Edge town is going to be a pain (I even had 12 health to fight that boss!!!)

Anyhoo, good game, I just need to get used to the mechanics (not used to the button layout) and the physics of it.

Nov 2, 2009 at 3:54 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Oh, yes, the second boss. That one is pain in the ass, let me tell you. To your question, there is a save point in the first building in the village. And just a hint:
After beating the second boss, you might want to go and save your game immediately.

Nov 2, 2009 at 4:15 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Cyowolf1122 said:
Gack!

Okay, so quote was fairly easy, getting a level 2 gun took maybe a minute.

However, the second boss was a pain. Tell me, is there a save point in Edge Town? Cuz having to redo the helicopter scene AND Edge town is going to be a pain (I even had 12 health to fight that boss!!!)

Anyhoo, good game, I just need to get used to the mechanics (not used to the button layout) and the physics of it.

There's a small house on the left of the map which has a health refiller thingy and a save point inside. Thanks :eek: I'm slowly but surely geting it closer to Cave Story's engine.

Edit: Lol! Ah, yeah T-Jack beat me to it. :D