Show off your org music...

Mar 19, 2022 at 5:36 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"

eternal shrine maiden from touhou 1

i've been dabbling in org making lately, and while i will not share the ones i could have use for, this one was more of a passion project. i love pc-98 touhou songs
i've never been great at making orgs, but i enjoy music way too much. i like the way the refrain turned out, it had me pleased =w=

Mar 20, 2022 at 4:40 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I've come out from my artist coma to bring you an original: Grassy Strides

Org File V2.3 (Because I can't help myself)

I kinda wanted to post this on the CSTSF Comfy Comp. but I felt it wasn't in the spirit of the thread. It's a bit of an experiment, but I put my all into it.
Here's hoping I get something in before the month ends.

Edits: Balancing, minor note changes, added panning.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2022 at 5:11 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

eternal shrine maiden from touhou 1
That transcription is really good, Hina! The instruments all blend together really well and have a rich feeling of comfort and determination.

I've come out from my artist coma to bring you an original: Grassy Strides
Not bad, especially considering this is an original composition. There are some decent melodies in here that have the potential to be really catchy, and in some moments it is pleasing to hear. Although there are other moments as well where the song feels a bit busy, and some of the different instrument tracks are kind of playing over each other in a way that doesn't feel very natural.

Mar 20, 2022 at 11:23 PM
hi hi
i told hayden i would not share the ORGs i was still going to use. i suppose i was wrong. i both want them evaluated and possibly get some feedback, and i also want to feed off of the attention it gets me, because i get lonely at times

the recent trio, aka things i made this month

ah, digitize. my return to org making. felt so nice getting a good result right off the bat! it's suppose to have a digital, cyber-ish sound to it, and i feel like i made it work

i made a chord and i decided that was enough. it's short, but it has that bass. could work for a title screen or something i suppose

standard boss tune, really in the same lane as HHsR's "Trans" song. i feel like it's unique enough to warrant its placement in one of my upcoming projects nonetheless

the older things, aka 2016-2019 stuff. also i found an org i made in 2003, apparently. what time travel shenanigans are in play here

a small remix of HHsR's "Trans", with more power, more bass and slightly faster tempo. friend made a joke that i made my own nightcore but no, this track is in the same pitch, it does not count

a small thing made as a remix of HHsR's "Disaster". it should be named ANXIETY because that's what it makes me feel honestly

old HHs's title screen, except good! i'm so glad i dug it up and gave it the proper treatment, it feels SO right this way

this song is actually super old but it has stayed in the unfinished state limbo for eternity. it's got that Tale of Dale-ish bass, so i suppose it's from around that time. wonder how i could use it though

lonely theme. i was going to use this in HHsR but i guess it's playing in the mod's head now because it's lonely and forgotten, mostly by me

it's based off of the track below, just in a different key. they have such distinct feels to them though

the original Tale of Dale theme, with a new coat of paint, lower high notes and readjusted details. it still slaps, i'd say! i could not leave it in its old, not-exactly-best state, sooo i gave it a makeover and now i love it even more

super chunky post but i hope i can get some feedback and possible uses for these =w=
please enjoy!

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2022 at 1:15 AM
super chunky post
I think it's good to put your work out there. Never know what you might feel about a work until someone says something about it.

Digitize definitely has that cyber-esque feel to it. I could see it being used for a level with a lot of baddies and forward movement.

I think Dread could fit in as an antagonist's theme, or maybe as a variant of a theoretical one.

Trouble in the Air is, as you said, a standard boss theme. Maybe more fitting for a miniboss/alternate theme, depending on what you have in the works. The impending nature of the melody suites that mold.

Don't have too much to say about the older works. Most are good and have the same feel: High action, short melodies. Could use a little more variety but overall good job. For what I do have to say: I really like Haunted Garden, Emptiness has some potential, and Rocker has a persistent tune (Good or bad, depending on what you intended for it).

Mar 23, 2022 at 12:38 AM
Based Member
I like Digitize. It has a sort of groovy feel to it. Reminds me a lot of the Need for Madness soundtrack, especially these 3 tracks.

Dread does indeed have some good bass. Not really complex or fancy, but nice for what it is.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Haunted House Story. Totally forgot about that mod, but I never actually played it. Trouble in the Air has a nice upbeat feeling that could definitely work in a boss battle.

And I concur with what Orbit said about the older ORGs listed farther down in your post.

Mar 30, 2022 at 3:41 AM
Another Original: Into the Depths

Org File V2

Took much less time on this one, still won't put in on the other thread, but I like the result.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2022 at 3:21 PM
hi hi
i can only transcribe touhou songs
mystic oriental love consultation

i need to start working on actual volume control because having my system at 40% at all times (and orgmaker at like 10%) results in me having HUGE volume levels in my orgs

Apr 8, 2022 at 2:02 AM
Based Member
Another Original: Into the Depths

Org File V2

Took much less time on this one, still won't put in on the other thread, but I like the result.
I feel like there are some elements from this song that are good, but it's very inconsistent in its tone. During the beginning, it sounds like an upbeat techno song, but then a few measures in, it changes its tone to something dark, grim, and mysterious. If you were to just have that dark grimness without the early part of it, this would be a good dark and slow composition.

A lot of the rapid note action you have with instrument 4 reminds me of 8-bit trip. And that particular part you have at the 2nd half of measure 2 and the first half of measure 3 reminds me of the 0:47 and 1:29 mark of Metropolis Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

You have some good stuff in here, but there's room for improvement on how the instruments blend together, and on establishing a consistent tone.

i can only transcribe touhou songs
mystic oriental love consultation

i need to start working on actual volume control because having my system at 40% at all times (and orgmaker at like 10%) results in me having HUGE volume levels in my orgs
Not bad, it's kind of hard to capture the heart and soul of the original with chiptune music, but this still has a pretty good, upbeat, and exciting tone that would sound good in a CS mod.

Apr 16, 2022 at 3:14 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Made some transcriptions/covers
Mega Man 3 - Snake Man Stage Theme

Mega Man 4 - Cossack Stage Theme 2

Sword of Mana - Believe in Victory (Battle Theme 1)

Apr 21, 2022 at 2:32 AM
Based Member
Good remixes, Raymundo.

The Snake Man stage theme sounds very good. The instruments don't sound exactly like the original, instead the remix sounds like its own refined version of that song. The instrument choice and drum track suits the ORG format very well.

Similar situation with the Mega Man 4 Cossack Fortress 2 remix. Maybe I don't have the most well-informed perspective on this since I didn't grow up playing the Mega Man games and don't have the nostalgia factor, but I enjoyed listening to your ORG remix of this song more than I enjoyed listening to the original.

As for your "Believe in Victory" remix, this one sounds very similar to the original. Good job on this, I especially like the beginning part, you adapted this really well to the ORG format, and all the tracks feel smooth and blend together very nicely.

Apr 30, 2022 at 8:26 PM
Based Member
Nicely done, 2DBro. Especially for something put together in around an hour. The drum beat is really cool, and the smooth weaving in of the various tracks was also very well done. This track would be fitting in a wide variety of different scenarios to convey exploration at the beginning of a game or a sense of determination to progress slightly later on in the game.

May 3, 2022 at 1:04 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Shiki - Angelic Layer
Not my best but my favorite ORG, was my first complete by-ear ORG as a tribute to the late BMS composer.

May 5, 2022 at 12:32 AM
Based Member
Sounds pretty good. I like the rapid quiet notes at the beginning, and the instruments seem to blend pretty well as the song progresses. Overall, pretty good transcription.

Especially impressive that you did this by ear, that's a talent that I don't have/never put forth the time into developing.

Oh, and just realized that the composer passed away not long ago. That's unfortunate.

May 7, 2022 at 6:34 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 7:37 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Goddamn, amazing as always 2dbro. Love the bass on the first one, wouldn't is also very good and i like the chords a lot.

Anyway

Guxt stage 1 but org because idk lol

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 11:05 PM
Based Member
2DBro's orgs:

That first one has a really cool "Galaxy" sort of feel to it. Sounds like something I'd have as music for a game when traveling through space or something. Sounds really cool. Starting at measure 8, it reminds me of 8-bit trip.

The second one I enjoyed a little bit less, but it's still good. It's interesting how it starts off with that really solemn tone, hints at getting more upbeat, but mostly stays steady with its slow pace.

Raymundo, I've never played Guxt, but it sounds pretty good. The instruments and drums feel pretty natural.

May 8, 2022 at 4:01 PM
Raymundo, I've never played Guxt, but it sounds pretty good. The instruments and drums feel pretty natural.
It's a difficult game lmfao.
The game instrumentation is very minimal (like 4 tracks) so i tried to interpret(? the drums (they were just some kind of hi-hat noise in the og version)

Planning on doing the rest of the soundtrack.
Here's Stage 2