Show off your org music...

Apr 27, 2013 at 7:04 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
MagicDoors said:
Terra's Theme
(transcribed again don't hurt me)
It could still use a little work but this is what I've gotten done. I'l probably change some tracks around and stuff
I liked it. It had a nice melody when the main notes kicked in.
ThePotatoWhisperer said:
Tweaking is something I myself can do, and if I'm lucky enough and if the video is not noticed too much, I could easily re-upload it (at the moment, I'd like to stick with youtube). Also, I don't think Fireflies fits much as an ending theme, but I'd be glad to help with anything if it's cover-related :)

Man, I'm tired ê-ě

--4/25/2013--
Song has been tweaked and edited, now the "vocal" track is louder and has a lot of note fixes.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE8Wk62RTCs
New, updated video.
Holy forkin sheets

I'm so jelly of your skills. I love that song and you captured it perfectly. Awesome.

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's been awhile since I posted in this thread (I don't even make orgs that often anymore), so have an org I made recently:
Death(wreCk)

Apr 29, 2013 at 5:53 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Apr 29, 2013 at 7:08 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
ThePotatoWhisperer said:
Tweaking is something I myself can do, and if I'm lucky enough and if the video is not noticed too much, I could easily re-upload it (at the moment, I'd like to stick with youtube). Also, I don't think Fireflies fits much as an ending theme, but I'd be glad to help with anything if it's cover-related :)

Man, I'm tired ê-ě

--4/25/2013--

Song has been tweaked and edited, now the "vocal" track is louder and has a lot of note fixes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE8Wk62RTCs

New, updated video.
Can you make the org available for download? I don't wanna have to use youtube a whole lot :(

EDIT: No! No double posty!!!

Apr 30, 2013 at 5:01 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Random-storykeeper said:
Are things supposed to sound different between the two versions of ORG Maker?
Can you clarify what versions of OrgMaker you're comparing?: OrgMaker 1 (doesn't matter if Japanese or English, they sound the same), OrgMaker 2 Japanese, or OrgMaker 2 English.

Can you clarify what problem you're having?: Were you expecting something to sound different but it sounded the same? Or were you expecting something to sound the same but it sounded different?

From my comparisons of OrgMaker sounds, this is what I heard:

The melody instruments sound the same in all versions of OrgMaker.

In the Japanese version of OrgMaker 2, the developer placed some new drum sounds in the drum names used in Cave Story (Bass01, Snare01, Tom01, HiClose, HiOpen), but kept the original Cave Story drum sounds in some of the additional drum names added in OrgMaker 2 (Bass04, Snare03, Tom03, HiClose02, HiOpen02). In the English version of OrgMaker 2, the editor swapped the Cave Story drum sounds back to their Cave Story drum names (Bass01, Snare01, Tom01, HiClose, HiOpen), and put the new drum sounds in the alternate drum names (Bass04, Snare03, Tom03, HiClose02, HiOpen02).

orgmaker-sound-comparisons.zip

In the zip file, the "drum comparison" document shows an overview of which drum names sound the same in the different OrgMaker versions.

In the "resource comparison" document, I compared the sound resources bit-for-bit, and added notes describing if the different resources sound similar.

Does this help you? Let me know if I can explain anything differently.

(EDIT: Attaching the zip file seems to corrupt it, so I uploaded it to my website instead.)

Apr 30, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Beakface
I compose my pieces with Org Maker 1. I just noticed that when I open a piece of mine in v2, the balance sounds a bit off and the percussion a bit different. Particularly per01 was the one that sounds altered; in v1, it sounded more like clinking metal, but in v2, it sounds more like a drum.

May 3, 2013 at 12:56 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Hi all,

Here are 2 more pieces,

Deep Ocean Cliffs, Used messed up frequencies, timing and echoes to get across the idea of a big underground space full o' water.

Watery Caves, Damp underground, Heavily inspired by both geothermal and some select music from the kirby series.

Tinned Duck

May 3, 2013 at 7:07 PM
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
It's been awhile since I posted in this thread (I don't even make orgs that often anymore), so have an org I made recently:
Death(wreCk)
GIR, I tip my hat to you, fine sir.

Also, can I have an MP3 or ORG of that maybe-ish?

May 5, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Beakface
Is it just me or is this thread dying in every sort of possible way? I think I missed the peak of all the activity.

Tinned_Duck said:
Hi all,

Here are 2 more pieces,

Deep Ocean Cliffs, Used messed up frequencies, timing and echoes to get across the idea of a big underground space full o' water.

Watery Caves, Damp underground, Heavily inspired by both geothermal and some select music from the kirby series.

Tinned Duck
Deep Ocean Cliffs - I love how the piece builds up and then suddenly fades to soft again. Really reminds me of crashing waves. The percussion is a nice touch, too. I visualized more of waves crashing against cliffs, so to say.

Watery Caves - Yeah, I thought the piece sounded a bit like Geothermal, but I like the twist you gave to the idea. It actually sounds distantly medieval to me...

Uh....okay, more ORGs. I've been experimenting with some of the Wave instruments in the 60s and wanted to go for something that sounded hmm...hardcore and annoying, to some extent.

The result so far? Angry Robot!

May 5, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
This thread has actually been really active in recently. I remember before it could go months without posts.

Ultimate Nerd-meister said:
GIR, I tip my hat to you, fine sir.

Also, can I have an MP3 or ORG of that maybe-ish?
Here you go: Death.org

May 6, 2013 at 6:45 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Random-storykeeper said:
Does that mean it's okay to bump this thread whenever it goes inactive?
If you have feedback or orgs to post, then yes, you can. Bumping just for the sake of bumping is still not allowed though.

Anyways have another org thing: link

May 6, 2013 at 7:02 AM
Beakface
That sounds nice. I feel the high note melody could use more phrasing and the echoey accompaniment be brought down a few tones of loudness. (edit for clarification)

It sounds repetitive after a few bars, but I'm guessing it's supposed to loop like that? Is it based on another piece of music? (Just curious, judging by the text of the post you linked.)

May 6, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Random-storykeeper said:
That sounds nice. I feel the high note melody could use more phrasing and the echoey accompaniment be brought down a few tones.

It sounds repetitive after a few bars, but I'm guessing it's supposed to loop like that? Is it based on another piece of music? (Just curious, judging by the text of the post you linked.)
Ah yeah it's based on this song: link

May 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
This thread has actually been really active in recently. I remember before it could go months without posts.

Thanks, man. Also, the mummy guy in the link: wheres he from? He looks like a character out of Maniac Mansion Day of the Tentacle. Finally, I bestow upon this ORG the unofficial nickname of The Moley Mole March(for obvious reasons, of course ;)). Furthermore, does the composer of the song have a site?

May 6, 2013 at 11:12 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:

Daaaaamn, thats really soothing. It's been a while, but you still got it. ;P

Also, 200th post weeee

EDIT: Experimenting with stuff I usually don't use. Went for a sorta creepy derection here. I still have much to learn. TT_TT

Also, listen to it with a sortof high-ish volume for maximum effect (lol).

ThereIsNoEscape.org

May 8, 2013 at 4:07 AM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
It has come to my attention that I, that guy, have not posted a song I've had for about a year now. Here is that song.

Adventure

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

Cake

May 15, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
First org that I completed. It's the final boss theme from Mega Man 4.
Original:
Org:
I probably did something wrong though, so I'd like some feedback.

May 16, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Based Member
Congratulations on your first org Tp!

I must say you did a pretty good job. I don't really have much of anything else to say, since I didn't notice any flaws with it, and given how short it is it seems like it was a relatively brief and straightforward transcription. Out of curiosity, did you have a midi or something else to copy the notes from? Or did you copy them by ear? Anyway, again good job, it's nice to see you using Org Maker now.