Show off your org music...

Dec 7, 2010 at 4:05 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
A little off, but it's still pretty good. Maybe an instrument change or slightly lower notes would help.

I didn't think it was off, and it doesn't really need different instruments. Anyway, I thought it was a great song, though a little short. (Though I'm one to talk, as the other song I made was 4 measures, I think)

Dec 7, 2010 at 4:07 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Ollie said:
I didn't think it was off, and it doesn't really need different instruments. Anyway, I thought it was a great song, though a little short. (Though I'm one to talk, as the other song I made was 4 measures, I think)
this also :J

Dec 7, 2010 at 4:22 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Ollie said:

Not all the instruments, I thought that the tone 33 parts stuck out just a little bit more. Parts sticking out a bit was my only real complaint. Otherwise it was a great tune.

Dec 10, 2010 at 7:01 AM
I don't anymore.
http://www.mediafire.com/?dka2jdk7y3460cf

Just a remix. There was a LOT of improve because the actual midi used custom instruments, "midi is from disk". Something is definitley wrong with this, but I can't quite see why. anyone one help out?

Dec 10, 2010 at 3:44 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
What exactly is it a remix OF? When you say it's not quite right, do you mean it doesn't sound good by itself, or that it doesn't stick to the original? I personally think it sounds quite nifty by itself.

Dec 10, 2010 at 4:21 PM
Hey.
It's the chords that play that sound wrong. It's the whole off-key thing that happens to lots of people. It sounds okay, but like what he said, what is it a remix of?

Dec 11, 2010 at 12:21 AM
I don't anymore.
Dec 11, 2010 at 2:10 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

The bit between the tags is what's after the equal sign in the link

Dec 11, 2010 at 3:24 AM
Hey.
Now that I hear that, I say you did a pretty good job with it.

Dec 11, 2010 at 5:55 AM
Hey.
The last two were cool, with the third being the best. (I think) The second one was kinda messy, and some of it didn't exactly blend well. Other than that, I think it's fine. Now, the third one, it's good, actually. The one thing that I didn't really like, was the fact that those chord things are like, extremely distorted. It's kinda, strange how that happens. It may even be my speakers...... But anyway, good job.

Dec 11, 2010 at 6:08 AM
I don't anymore.
Ollie said:
The last two were cool, with the third being the best. (I think) The second one was kinda messy, and some of it didn't exactly blend well. Other than that, I think it's fine. Now, the third one, it's good, actually. The one thing that I didn't really like, was the fact that those chord things are like, extremely distorted. It's kinda, strange how that happens. It may even be my speakers...... But anyway, good job.

The notes in song three are really high. I felt like they would loose their effect if they weren't. The second was my favorite actually, but it might might need some fixes, but I think it blended in a kinda neat way, as the songs are meant to sound a bit random. Look up Tomba and you will see the epitomeof randomness.

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:09 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Dec 17, 2010 at 2:53 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Phase 4
Based off of...
this.

Dec 17, 2010 at 3:25 AM
Hey.
That's.... Really strange, but who cares how strange a song is? I like it. I noticed how you used three tracks overlaying each other for the bass. I would have never thought of that....

Dec 17, 2010 at 3:52 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
It depends on what tones you use for GLaDOS.

Well obviously it'd have to be instrumental. Just the tune.

Although since GLaDOS's voice is auto-tuned you could probably replace it with a sine or sawtooth and it'd sound about the same.

Dec 17, 2010 at 8:30 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Schilcote said:
Well obviously it'd have to be instrumental. Just the tune.

Although since GLaDOS's voice is auto-tuned you could probably replace it with a sine or sawtooth and it'd sound about the same.

It isn't exactly. There's some youtube video that shows all you need to do to it.

Dec 21, 2010 at 2:28 AM
I don't anymore.
http://www.mediafire.com/?fhbwv8nkxxbq5he

This is one of my original songs. I have to say that I'm quite proud of myself, considering that no midi was used in the process of making this song. If I make another song of this quality, it wont be for a long time.

Dec 21, 2010 at 2:45 AM
Hey.
It sounds good, and very menacing. I think I'd agree that it's the best song you've made so far. The one thing I don't really like, there are a lot of high notes, and they can be a little annoying.

P.S., I subscribed to your blog. :J