Show off your org music...

May 3, 2010 at 6:30 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Yep Safusaka, it sounds epic as-is.

May 4, 2010 at 7:11 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
It definitely rings a bell... but i'm drawing a total blank on where it's from...

May 4, 2010 at 11:03 PM
New Tune, Tense scene in the belly of the enemy camp

Dark Baseline:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wz55zdkzelm

Probably still to be edited, but that applies to all of my music. The tune will probably be used for your "conversation" with the final boss before you face off.
So yup, you guessed it, it's short.

For those who were wondering, I did just keep the overworld ice theme relatively the same, but i'll be cleaning it up when i get some spare time

May 5, 2010 at 2:37 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Volley said:
New Tune, Tense scene in the belly of the enemy camp

Dark Baseline:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wz55zdkzelm

Probably still to be edited, but that applies to all of my music. The tune will probably be used for your "conversation" with the final boss before you face off.
So yup, you guessed it, it's short.

For those who were wondering, I did just keep the overworld ice theme relatively the same, but i'll be cleaning it up when i get some spare time

I LOVE IT!!! It doesn't sound like a cavestory song at all it really breaks the boundries of ORG maker!

One thing: It is a tiny bit too quiet, you should turn up the volume a very small amount. Man that would be a pain XD

Ok, my turn!

ORG!
Possibly title music!

Things:
Precussion in beta
Instrument set in beta

Opinions please! Be brutal!

P.S. Oh yeah music composed by my buddy Ian!

May 5, 2010 at 2:44 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
cultr1 said:
I LOVE IT!!! It doesn't sound like a cavestory song at all it really breaks the boundries of ORG maker!

One thing: It is a tiny bit too quiet, you should turn up the volume a very small amount. Man that would be a pain XD

Ok, my turn!

ORG!
Possibly title music!

Things:
Precussion in beta
Instrument set in beta

Opinions please! Be brutal!

P.S. Oh yeah music composed by my buddy Ian!

Although it is common to end a piano piece with just a still chord, I'd recommend against this for an org, especially if it's going to be a title loop. I suggest making it loop more seemlessly.

But yeah, good so far.

May 5, 2010 at 2:53 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Although it is common to end a piano piece with just a still chord, I'd recommend against this for an org, especially if it's going to be a title loop. I suggest making it loop more seemlessly.

I want it to stay close to the sheet music, but I agree.

P.S. Toroko's theme?

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
But yeah, good so far.

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
But yeah, good so far.

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
But yeah, good so far.

if I had a nickel for every time I heard that, I'd have... About 3 nickels but still. It's like your catch phrase!:)

May 5, 2010 at 3:05 AM
squidward
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
@Volley

That sounds pretty deep for an org. I like the ambient percussion stuff.

@cultr1
It sounds pretty spiffy so far.

I sure am making alot of orgs lately, here's another one:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ozm5wujmdju

I dunno how I do this... I must be magical :)

May 5, 2010 at 4:32 AM
Safusaka said:
@Volley: That sounds pretty deep for an org. I like the ambient percussion stuff.

Deep as in "too deep of notes to be using" or depth of the instrument's sound? (Multiple layers leading to a more whole sound)

May 8, 2010 at 7:40 AM
Alright, huge update on Frigid frantic, many new elements added, and it's overall cohesiveness with the rest of my mod's tracks is quite a lot more obvious than it was before.

While it was standalone alright, it totally didn't mesh with the town tracks or the normal ice overworld theme at all, so I did a total overhaul:

http://www.mediafire.com/?m5ymz4ynzy4

The beginning part will be the main character's system critial warning blaring, telling him his core temperature's down to -14C, so he better get out of the cold, fast. The rest of the revisions is a major edit to the song's key, and a more whole sound with more supportive instruments and "drams"

Enjoy!

EDIT:

Town Theme also got a new facelift last night, next in line is the overworld ice theme

Lost Method:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hhlqhnydthm

May 8, 2010 at 6:36 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Lost method sounds pretty good, and frigid frantic sounds great.

Oddly enough, it was hard to tell that the beginning of Frigid Frantic was supposed to be a critical warning. But it flows quite nicely into the rest of the song, so I think it should be kept that way.

May 8, 2010 at 7:44 PM
carrotlord said:
Lost method sounds pretty good, and frigid frantic sounds great.

Oddly enough, it was hard to tell that the beginning of Frigid Frantic was supposed to be a critical warning. But since it flows quite nicely into the rest of the song, so I think it should be kept that way.

Thanks! I'll probably do a longer drum/snare/tick loop on Lost Method, I was a little lazy and just laid down a 3 measure drum/snare and a 6 measure tick, while on Frigid, it's a whooping 24 measure loop on all of them.

I have a nice thing in mind for that critical warning, actually, i just need to free up an instrument or two 8D

May 8, 2010 at 8:17 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Ah, it seems I have a lot of downloading/listening to do... I'm too lazy to comment on every song that I've missed lately, but just know that I have downloaded/listened to them, for whatever that's worth.

@Volley: Do you realize that you can change the time signature of orgs in the options window? Where it says "display" the first letter represents the # of beats per measure, and the last letter is the # of clicks per beat. S is 4, R is 3, U is 6, Q is 2, and W is 8. I say this because I noticed that two of your orgs (namely the Lost Method one, and the Overworld Ice one) feel like they have 3 beats per measure, instead of 4.

EDIT: btw, in music it's spelled "bass" not "base" :p

Also, in addition to working on the music for Willow and the Storm, I'm also working on this HUGE org when I find time to (though the WatS music is currently a higher priority). I'm hoping it will be the first org ever to break the 100 kilobyte barrier (the largest I've ever seen is like 97 KB, I think). I won't give away any more than that right now, but be prepared for some epicness :p

May 9, 2010 at 12:06 AM
Wedge of Cheese said:
@Volley: Do you realize that you can change the time signature of orgs in the options window? Where it says "display" the first letter represents the # of beats per measure, and the last letter is the # of clicks per beat. S is 4, R is 3, U is 6, Q is 2, and W is 8. I say this because I noticed that two of your orgs (namely the Lost Method one, and the Overworld Ice one) feel like they have 3 beats per measure, instead of 4.

Yep, I am aware of it, but generally I understand things waaay better if i see them in 4/4 time (since i'm totally brain dead when it comes to counting differently...).

Parts of the Overworld theme have 3/4, while others are 4/4... at least, I think so... hmm. No, you're right, they both are in 3/4 XD

I'm strange though, so yeahh...

I'm hella lookin forward to your new tune, though 8O

May 14, 2010 at 4:17 AM
squidward
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
@Niel: They all sound pretty interesting.

I like RobotCavernStatues the most.
AirshipBossBattle sounds like it would be a cutscene or something. Maybe. I dunno...
Factory sounds like it could be ... a factory.

Yeah.

I've some more orgs of my own:

http://www.mediafire.com/?hhtbc24czzw
This one I started many moons ago, but I almost completely redid it anyways, so whatever.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ydtimzzgzcm
This one I just started when I got home. I dunno. It could probably be used for an opening cutscene that would play when a story is being explained.

http://www.mediafire.com/?myecj3m22th
THIS one is the first song I fully transcribed by ear.
It's from some game I played when I was younger... Croc 2. Not the PS1 version or the PC one... The one for GBC. It had some really great tunes in there...
I couldn't find any MIDIs of the song, so I just did it myself. ^_^
Pretty sure it's 96% accurate.
Here's a Youtube video for comparison:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr3kJwE-KXw

Oh yeah, and I wonder what Cheese's song of certain expected awesomeness will sound like?

May 16, 2010 at 6:05 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Safusaka the first track sounds like it could be used in a eggcorridor-ish level :D

May 20, 2010 at 6:22 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
@Safu: The first 2 sound pretty good, and the remake of the croc level music sounds pretty spot on from what I could tell from the video. Good job.

Here's an org that I made for cultr1, and also because I like the song (Transcribed by ear, some small parts may be off, and orgmaker has its limitations):
Terror Flynn Ok Ok

It's a remake of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRG-1ZSBLCc

As usual please tell me what you think.

May 27, 2010 at 1:54 AM
I've tried my hand at making "copy orgs" a couple of times. They've turned out okay. I've sort of finished this one. It's not the full thing, but I'm not sure if I'm going to do it all. It's based off of this song. It's impossible to get the exact sound with org maker, but I thought it still sounded pretty good.