Show off your org music...

Apr 24, 2009 at 8:07 PM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
@Davy- hmm interesting tune sounds bubbly...:)

This may not be the right place (as I'm sure it is) but despite id like to see if anyone else thinks lyrics are suppose to replace the instrument that starts 18 seconds in. Plus the instrument that comes in at about 35 seconds in. Its not actually something I'm keeping just thought I would see if others thought the same thing as me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mnqeoyn4tjt

xD peace xD

Apr 26, 2009 at 3:52 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Apr 26, 2009 at 4:32 AM
Okay
Apr 26, 2009 at 11:17 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
@Haithim: What exactly made you say that?

@Jacob: It's a cool melody you made, but it would be better if were longer and had more background.

@Dave: The melody (track 1 from 16-24, track 4 from 24-28) seemed to have the "echo notes" too loud, which interrupted the rhythmic flow of the music. I made a tweaked version with this changed. Other than that though, nice job.

Apr 27, 2009 at 7:10 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
Ah thanks! that does sound better than my one also Just out of curiosity, do you edit your mod with cave editor or sue's workshop, cause I'm having a lot of problems importing orgs and almost everytime I do so the exe becomes corrupted. Giraka Cheezer said that org maker 1.34 is more compatible with cave story so I started to make my orgs with that instead of 2.05 but they work even less often now and he also said something about the editor used and I know that he uses cave editor for his. I wanted to ask you which editor you use cause most of the songs in your mod are imported so if you do use sue's workshop it'll rule out the possibility that the editor changes some offset, making the importing of orgs impossible or just difficult.

Apr 27, 2009 at 5:02 PM
graters gonna grate
I use Sue's Workshop. I don't know why the exe would get corrupted, but I do know that Sue's Workshop has an issue with custom imported orgs. If you import orgs, then SW won't be able to make any changes to the exe. What I do when working on my mod is I work on a version that doesn't have any custom orgs and just uses their CS counterparts. Then, when I'm ready to post an update on the forum, I make a copy of the exe and import the orgs into the new exe. I then post the new exe along with the data files on the forums and delete the new exe once I've done that. If you do that, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Apr 28, 2009 at 2:50 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
vidaa2.org

Something I've been working on that's been buggering me a bit. I like the first 20 bars, but I'm not quite sure about the rhythm/percussion from 20-30, which was not easy to make (this is a venetian snares song -_-). Anyways tell me what you think of it so far, and if it gets the thumbs up, then I'll see what I can do to make this one work.

Apr 28, 2009 at 8:02 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
wedge of cheese said:
I use Sue's Workshop. I don't know why the exe would get corrupted, but I do know that Sue's Workshop has an issue with custom imported orgs. If you import orgs, then SW won't be able to make any changes to the exe. What I do when working on my mod is I work on a version that doesn't have any custom orgs and just uses their CS counterparts. Then, when I'm ready to post an update on the forum, I make a copy of the exe and import the orgs into the new exe. I then post the new exe along with the data files on the forums and delete the new exe once I've done that. If you do that, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Yeah I knew that if you replace the icons, you'll corrupt the exe after you save it with sue's workshop. I wasn't so sure about orgs though. The thing was, that it didn't give me trouble editing, but what I'd do after replacing the org is test the exe to see that it would work but most of the time what would happen is it would open up the exe and it would go onto the loading screen where it would just stop responding so it wouldn't work so the exe is pretty much corrupted. I think that the couple of times it did work I actually had the editor open and I opened the game up with sue's workshop.

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:24 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
@ Jake: Transist Track 0 down 12 notes (from 4 to 3) and I think it sounds nice/r.

@ GaC: Whoa, that's some pretty heavy drum stuff o_O It sounds fine to me, but it does obscure the melody just a bit. You could quiet them down, or maybe mess about with some panning. Honestly the first 6 bars were way more off-putting, it'd be nice if you could make the panning a bit smoother.

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:57 PM
graters gonna grate
Uncy Dave said:
Yeah I knew that if you replace the icons, you'll corrupt the exe after you save it with sue's workshop. I wasn't so sure about orgs though. The thing was, that it didn't give me trouble editing, but what I'd do after replacing the org is test the exe to see that it would work but most of the time what would happen is it would open up the exe and it would go onto the loading screen where it would just stop responding so it wouldn't work so the exe is pretty much corrupted. I think that the couple of times it did work I actually had the editor open and I opened the game up with sue's workshop.

Actually, I'm pretty sure there's no problem with the icon. TWoR has an edited icon and it works just fine in SW. Maybe you're using a different version of SW than I am? I still use the old one (the one that doesn't allow you to change stage bosses).

@Jake/Giraka: haven't listened to your songs yet, but I'll say something about them as soon as I do.

Apr 29, 2009 at 12:39 AM
@GIRakaCHEEZER- Sounds pretty cool if ya ask me:p Sounds like its for a underwater boss or something...

Apr 29, 2009 at 6:54 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
wedge of cheese said:
Actually, I'm pretty sure there's no problem with the icon. TWoR has an edited icon and it works just fine in SW. Maybe you're using a different version of SW than I am? I still use the old one (the one that doesn't allow you to change stage bosses).

In fact I do use a slightly newer one where you can delete things by pressing delete on the keyboard and can change stage bosses. If that's the problem I might just get a new cave story exe and change all the backgrounds in the maps and start point and all those changes that are made to the exe and not to the files in the folder and then edit using the older sue's workshop. Thanks for your help anyway.

Apr 29, 2009 at 8:19 PM
graters gonna grate
@Jake: Yeah, you're making progress. I personally think the track that DT mentioned sounds fine where it is, but lowering it is worth a try, I guess.

@Giraka: The drums are a bit excessive, I think. It would be better to work into them more gradually. The panning effects at the beginning were awesome though.

@everyone:
I made another improvised piano medley of songs from CS and some of its mods. Songs contained in this medley (in no particular order):

From Schism: opening cutscene, boss theme
From WTF Story: sunset3, putrid
From Cave Story: pulse
From The Paradise Project: sneak in
From Julian's King: mountains

midi recording
zip of the orgs

May 3, 2009 at 5:21 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Heya cheese, listened to your medley, sounds good for the most part. Idk if you did putrid2 it's justice tho, then again the one that is out right now is broken.

Here's a new org I'm working on (another one by Venetian Snares, but this one looks like it might be possible to make with orgMaker).

Pwntendo.org

I might be able to restart work on the mod if I can pick a song. I might use this one, but I'll have to finish it first.

May 5, 2009 at 7:47 AM
May 5, 2009 at 8:45 PM
graters gonna grate
Lol, I think you're on to something :rolleyes:! I would like it a bit better if there were more bass and less of the really high voice; it seems a bit shrill right now.

Also, I have officially decided that The Wrath of Revorshkenahl is going to have 100% custom music. So, I'm giving y'all a little taste of some of the new music that will replace the old CS tunes. There's quite a bit more than what I'm posting right now, so you'll have to play the next release of the mod to hear all of it.

linkiepoo

May 6, 2009 at 6:37 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I can't even remember that much non-CS music in the last release, but k.
Magma X reminds me of a couple of tracks in the Paradise Project release, and Morbidium and Passage are both very good. I ain't playin' from the start again to hear them all in-game though <_<

May 6, 2009 at 7:18 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
wedge of cheese said:
Also, I have officially decided that The Wrath of Revorshkenahl is going to have 100% custom music. So, I'm giving y'all a little taste of some of the new music that will replace the old CS tunes. There's quite a bit more than what I'm posting right now, so you'll have to play the next release of the mod to hear all of it.

linkiepoo

These are pretty good but I'd have to say that morbidium is the best one. Out of curiosity what stage is it going to be used for?

Also I've made another one for my mod. It's gonna be used in a beach place just under a huge snowy city. I just made it to give making a happy and calm song a go so here it is: Palace Beach Also I have a fixed version Air lock of with some bass just to make it sound less empty.

May 6, 2009 at 11:51 PM