Show off your org music...

Mar 29, 2009 at 3:51 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Yeah it does sound interesting. It would definitely fit for a dark spooky place in your mod.

I've had this song stuck in my head all day and while I had orgmaker open I decided to make it in organya.
link

Mar 29, 2009 at 4:12 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Unfortunately the link doesn't work but you're really lucky to be able to make orgs of other songs cause I'm terrible at that and there are loads or different songs that would work really well with cave story.

Mar 29, 2009 at 4:05 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
It doesn't work? That's funny it works just fine on my computer. Maybe the server was just down or something when you tried it, m'eh idk.

Anyway, I woke up today to find that the song was still stuck in my head (not that I'm complaining mind you; it's a good song lol xD) so I decided to go the extra mile and make an org of the entire song.

link

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:06 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
I'm interested to here it but it still wont work. perhaps you should try a different website?
Well here's a song that I think would go really well in cave story but I can't tell if I'm just useless at making an org file of it or it just is insanely difficult song to do so to. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mhimhtzwwtm
It's one of my favourite songs at the moment i've been trying my hardest to make it into an org file but I can't get anything other than the drum pattern and the main tune at the start that goes through most of the song and without the bass it's no good. If you like it, the song's called Bloodbeat and it's by Patrick Wolf.

Apr 7, 2009 at 3:17 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Uncy Dave said:
I'm interested to here it but it still wont work. perhaps you should try a different website?
Well here's a song that I think would go really well in cave story but I can't tell if I'm just useless at making an org file of it or it just is insanely difficult song to do so to. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mhimhtzwwtm
It's one of my favourite songs at the moment i've been trying my hardest to make it into an org file but I can't get anything other than the drum pattern and the main tune at the start that goes through most of the song and without the bass it's no good. If you like it, the song's called Bloodbeat and it's by Patrick Wolf.

If you like the song that much, I suppose I can give it a shot. Upload what you've already got (as in upload the org you tried to make from it), I've worked with making orgs from ear before (putrid nes would be an example).

Also be sure to include whether or not your org was made with orgmaker 1 or 2 (and also only orgs made with org maker 1 are compatible with cavestory btw).

Apr 8, 2009 at 12:31 PM
Hax on....Hax off....
I'm not sure if what you said about org maker 2 not being compatable with modding is strictly true cause i've managed to import about 3 orgs from org maker 2 into my mod but I must admit that the game corrupted most of the times I tried so I decided to make it in org maker 1 as well to make things easier. Well anyway, If you really wanna help then you can feel free to use it in your mod of course. I managed to get a little bit of bass in it and the drums might be slightly off but it still kinda works. Here's the link ~ http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3f671870988258c28c9e7c56ba37815fa3b08e1fb75a7dcd
There's also a new one that I made when I was playing around with org maker and I discovered that when you make all the notes sharp or flat or whatever it's kinda difficult to make it sound bad so this new one that I don't have a name for yet sounds alright I guess.

Apr 10, 2009 at 8:35 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Uncy Dave said:
It's one of my favourite songs at the moment i've been trying my hardest to make it into an org file but I can't get anything other than the drum pattern and the main tune at the start that goes through most of the song and without the bass it's no good.

Well I can assure you that this song is DEFINITELY not insanely difficult to remake. It is a rather simple piece, in terms of musical complexity. Also, your main tune was off, so I kinda had to start a bit from scratch. So far I only have the first min or so of the song done, I'll probably get to the rest tomorrow (or rather today, seeing as it's 1:00 am). Here's what I got so far, tell me what you think.

Bloodbeat.org

@%#$#, it so did not save (probably because i had it named what yours was, and it couldn't save)

Wait, it did save, -_-, just saved as NewData. *phew*

gonna post again or else this post will just be, well, cluttered.

Apr 10, 2009 at 10:51 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Look here!
Spent yesterday evening and most of today working on this. I was gonna do it by ear but it turned out to be way more complex than I thought. The drums, panning, volume and some melody fixing were all done by ear though, so if they're a bit off you know why >_>;
I know it needs a bit of cleaning up/instrument tweaking (any advice for this will be appreciated), but overall I'm pretty happy with it for a first serious go. The ending is kinda abrupt though, I had to make something up on the spur of the moment so I could loop it properly since you can't really put the end of this song on Org Maker.
Bonus points for anyone who actually knows what it is :p

Apr 11, 2009 at 2:41 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
You can probably ignore most of my last post, seeing as the link i posted was to the wrong file i uploaded. But nonetheless, this post will contain the proper org.

Bloodbeat2.org

If more info is needed on this org, just read my last post. (can't believe I uploaded that other one, ppl must be going "wtf?" at me)

Also, DT that org there is pretty sweet, have no clue what it's from tho.

Apr 11, 2009 at 4:08 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Finished. Mostly cosmetic fixes, but a few notes were off. Anyone can feel free to use/adjust this but for now I'm happy with it.

Apr 11, 2009 at 7:15 PM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
DoubleThink said:
Finished. Mostly cosmetic fixes, but a few notes were off. Anyone can feel free to use/adjust this but for now I'm happy with it.

Woo Chrono Trigger ftw!!

Apr 13, 2009 at 6:48 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
You can probably ignore most of my last post, seeing as the link i posted was to the wrong file i uploaded. But nonetheless, this post will contain the proper org.

Bloodbeat2.org

If more info is needed on this org, just read my last post. (can't believe I uploaded that other one, ppl must be going "wtf?" at me)

Also, DT that org there is pretty sweet, have no clue what it's from tho.

Brilliant! That's really amazing and it sounds so similar to the original song. It makes me feel crap at making org music by ear but I guess I should just focus on making my own music.

Apr 22, 2009 at 1:28 PM
"Huzzah!"
DoubleThink said:
Made another one.
Shame upon you if you don't know what this is :mad:

thats a really good version of it i dont know how it was possiable to get it so spot on nice job

Apr 23, 2009 at 9:20 AM
DoubleThink said:
Made another one.
Shame upon you if you don't know what this is :(

Sadly I had to search the name to find out where it came from. It would have been one thing if it was a song I never heard but it was on the tip of my tongue so I had to search it... Im hitting myself in the head right now.... xD

Apr 23, 2009 at 1:08 PM
Hax on....Hax off....
Here's a new one that I'm working on. I think it sounds quite interesting so far but it sounds a little bit empty so I plan to add some more to it. It's called Air Lock and I Hope you enjoy it http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4nzh1wotqrg

Apr 23, 2009 at 8:36 PM
Uncy Dave said:
Here's a new one that I'm working on. I think it sounds quite interesting so far but it sounds a little bit empty so I plan to add some more to it. It's called Air Lock and I Hope you enjoy it http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php

uh.... it goes to my page for some reason... and if i log out then try your link it says that i don't have any files...

fix the link please:p

uh... I'm mostly doing this out of boredom, but I also have something I'm working on. Some of the drums still need to be changed a bit and it only lasts for about 20 seconds i think.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qmgtzuxdtly

Apr 24, 2009 at 4:51 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
@ Uncy Dave: I sorta like the melody, but I don't think it needs to have the notes played in clusters like that (you can change the volume on continuous notes you know), and the drums at the start are REALLY loud.

@ Kuro: Sounds nice so far.

Apr 24, 2009 at 6:56 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
Yeah I tried changing the notes so they were just one but it didn't really make a difference anyway just slightly less echo-ie but I kinda liked the echoing effect. The drums didn't seem to bad on my computer but I guess I probably should make it slightly softer cause it might be louder on other people's computers as well. It is still a work in progress so I'll update soon