Scratch on an Eight Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2007 at 10:34 PM
The Bartender
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Well, yeah, the game would have to know where it's storing things otherwise it'll be unable to retreive the information it writes to RAM. :p

More specifically, this may prove helpful explaining how memory management works.

Jul 1, 2007 at 3:58 PM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
FFV hack? I want to hear more about this.

Jul 2, 2007 at 2:16 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Hello, Rune
Nice to see that you're sharing some of your notes again.
I have a question for you, since you said way back that you had found some information about the structure that boss entities use in the exe.

SeriousFace asked me for help trying to figure out how to change the starting coordinates of a boss entity on the map, and I have had no luck so far in all of my attempts to locate that in the exe.
Specifically he wants to change the coordinates of Omega, but any help you could give with cracking the boss structure in general would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 2, 2007 at 6:16 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
upthorn said:
Hello, Rune
Nice to see that you're sharing some of your notes again.
I have a question for you, since you said way back that you had found some information about the structure that boss entities use in the exe.

SeriousFace asked me for help trying to figure out how to change the starting coordinates of a boss entity on the map, and I have had no luck so far in all of my attempts to locate that in the exe.
Specifically he wants to change the coordinates of Omega, but any help you could give with cracking the boss structure in general would be greatly appreciated.

When Rune's away you say bad things about him, but when he is back you come and ask for help, oh man... Irony...

But actually it's for SeriousFace who is allright.

Jul 2, 2007 at 7:26 PM
The Bartender
Chaddykins said:
FFV hack? I want to hear more about this.
Just a little side-project I started with a ROM hacking buddy on another message board. We set about cracking the entire ROM (well, technically ~80% of it, but the rest is likely to be mostly graphics, precalculated numeric tables the code uses, and a few other things) and started changing how the job system operates (job tree ftw!), all jobs, all spells, adding new commands, new storyline, new maps, basically a total makeover.

We haven't made anything public for a long time because we don't want people to have too many expectations. So... when it or a demo is released, people will be all like... "zomg wtf everything is changed oh teh r0x0rz so cool." :p

When we release something, if anyone wants I can drop off a link to the IPS patch here too. It's definately not CS material, so I suppose it'd be really off-topic, but I don't think the mods will mind too much. At least, I hope not. ;)

Jul 2, 2007 at 7:38 PM
Slacker
Wowo that sounds really really awesome..!

Man, when you do get a demo out or something, PM it to me I'll defintally play it (FFV FTW)

Jul 2, 2007 at 11:38 PM
S. P. Gardebiter said:
When Rune's away you say bad things about him, but when he is back you come and ask for help, oh man... Irony...

But actually it's for SeriousFace who is allright.

I have made it no secret to RuneLancer that I disagree with his views on when not to share information, that does not mean that I wouldn't help him if he asked me. Whether or not he helps with my question is his decision, though, and he probably does not need you to help make it.

Jul 3, 2007 at 9:45 AM
Hoxtilicious
upthorn said:
I have made it no secret to RuneLancer that I disagree with his views on when not to share information, that does not mean that I wouldn't help him if he asked me. Whether or not he helps with my question is his decision, though, and he probably does not need you to help make it.

Well you called him arrogant and such :p
Only because he don't want to share his things... You maybe disagree but you can't accept/respect that he won't share anything.

Jul 3, 2007 at 10:03 AM
Slacker
/wrists

Does any of this arguing really matter or make a difference at all? Keep your petty disagreements to yourselves and not further clog up this forum with them if you would please.

Jul 3, 2007 at 11:30 AM
Hoxtilicious
Chaddykins said:
/wrists

Does any of this arguing really matter or make a difference at all? Keep your petty disagreements to yourselves and not further clog up this forum with them if you would please.

I don't why Rune should share notes with someone who doesn't respect him...

Jul 3, 2007 at 12:32 PM
S. P. Gardebiter said:
I don't why Rune should share notes with someone who doesn't respect him...
I respect rune, but I disagree with his stance on sharing.
I believe that someone who has that stance on sharing is being inherently elitist, and setting themself up to be in the elite.

But that does not mean I do not respect rune's abilities.
And it is not your place to decide whether or not rune should share his information with me.
Feel free not to share your information with me, but do not make decisions for rune. That is also disrespectful to rune.

And your argumentative attitude is somewhat disrespectful to the entire board, which is why I have generally chosen to stay quiet here, so that you don't come in and start arguing with me, and bring things to hell again.

I was hoping that if I made a polite request, to someone who wasn't you, that you might stay out of it. But I guess I overestimated you. That's okay though, you don't need to grow up, because I probably won't be posting here again.

Jul 3, 2007 at 12:59 PM
Hoxtilicious
You're like the other's who think they can read my mind and interpret much into my posts, I already excused many times. I never decided that rune won't share anything, I just said that I would understand it if he won't share it with you :p
I usally respect everyone and yes I do respect you, so I don't care if my post sound disrespectful thats another interpretation.
And by the way, I don't care if I sound disrespectful to anyone here, since I know it better; I respect everyone...

But I have the feeling noone here respects me and actually I gave the community alot.
But anyhow, it was all good when that dumb "People don't share their things" thing started, then things got bad. Yes I was the bad one because I disagreed with some peoples opinion, they said I abuse my mod powers and they made fun of me, thats a nice community isn't it? :p But I don't care anymore, just call me kid when I piss you off, I love that! :D Yea yea, I know I have to grow up ;D

Jul 3, 2007 at 1:43 PM
Give it a rest.

The dude will do what the dude wanna do.

Jul 3, 2007 at 4:18 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
upthorn said:
I probably won't be posting here again.

This makes me sad. =(

Jul 4, 2007 at 5:29 AM
"Huzzah!"
This thread makes me sad now...

But I shan't post my views on anything "for great justice", more than anything else.

Jul 4, 2007 at 1:14 PM
Hoxtilicious
Xaser said:
But I shan't post my views on anything "for great justice", more than anything else.

A forum is for posting and discussing about your and other peoples view's.

Jul 4, 2007 at 10:39 PM
The Bartender
@upthorn:
Man, give it a rest. It's not your place either to decide who shares what info with whom. Right now, you're the one hurting the community with this whole thing - it was dead a very long time ago. I've nothing more to say about it than this paragraph. How you deal with it is entirely up to you, but this does not seem to be the right way at all.

@Garebiter:
I think your involvement with the community is something everyone should be thankful for. If you're worried about people complaining that you're abusing your moderator powers, rest assured that I won't if you decide to simply close this thread for degenerating into this. In fact, I'd support you in doing it. :p

Jul 4, 2007 at 11:09 PM
Hoxtilicious
I think Rune is right, also the main question was answered... So we give it a rest...

~ Closed ~

Status
Not open for further replies.