Jan 27, 2009 at 7:57 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
Welcome to the project Erick:D

Feb 1, 2009 at 5:38 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
topsecretprojectzelda.jpg

Well I just wanted to let you guys know that I accomplished a few things recently. I included an image of what I finished last night. I thought it would be rather hilarious if I presented the image with everything censored out! lol I’m really trying to be very creative and inventive with this hack by thinking things out in advance and making sure things work out properly. So that’s all for now, till next time.

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:37 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
We don't seem amused? :)

Feb 8, 2009 at 1:05 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Indeed. Such a tease...

;)

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:31 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
secondtopsecret.jpg

Ok, well I came up with some concepts and sent them to Gamemakr24. I hope he likes them. One of the ideas I had didn’t come out exactly as I had hoped but I later came up with a nice alternative that I’m satisfied with. Recently all my ideas have been from me thinking late at night right before going to bed. It’s kind of funny because I’ll be really tired but then get a great idea but then I’ll be afraid that if I don’t draw it out or right it down I’ll forget it. So what I end up doing is getting out of bed turning on the light putting the idea on paper then getting back in bed. I thought I would give you guys another little tease with the image and just in case your going to ask the vines and walls patterns are not what I’ve been working on. The important part is what is censored out I just used the room to test out the idea! Well have a good Valentines Day.

Feb 17, 2009 at 6:06 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Erockbrox;44245 said:
and just in case your going to ask the vines and walls patterns are not what I’ve been working on.
You can't fool us. We know all about your secret vine and wall project. ;)

Feb 18, 2009 at 2:22 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Yes, vines and walls are very important!
Without walls, how would roofs and ceilings stay up?!

Feb 24, 2009 at 1:52 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
I think Erick ate GameMakr and absorbed his powers.

...and yet I still check the Zelda 3c diary every other day for updates...starting to feel kind of pathetic.

Feb 24, 2009 at 4:18 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
me too! I am still so excited about this project, even after five years...
greetings from austria to everyone

Feb 25, 2009 at 1:05 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
Me too! An update in the diary would be great!

Feb 28, 2009 at 8:04 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
agreed

Mar 2, 2009 at 4:00 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Last update was October of last year, that's a good 3 months,

I say expect an update soon
or at least eventually

Mar 10, 2009 at 1:33 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Hell all
I have been following this game since the beginning and have been checking in every so often to see what new news is up and am glad to see progress is continuing. I have been very excited about this for a very long time as i am a huge fan of the zelda series and "A Link To The Past" in particular so seeing it be redone is just amazing. I would love to do anything i could to contribute and as i don't do coding and work much with sprites i have dabbled a little with hyrule magic and do write music i figure i could maybe come up with something for it if needed.
Keep up the awesome work

Also i would like to thank everyone involved for their hard work in continuing to make this game happen as well as i would like to give major shout outs to GameMakr24 and Reshaper256 for their dedication and hard work and i know how life can throw things at you and require your attention and the fact that with all the things going on in your personal lives and still maintaining focus on this project is something very special. I know that all these years of waiting will be worth it when it is completed and i know that it will be nothing short of a masterpiece.

Rock On Guys

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:12 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
zelda3newdesignsendtommorrowcopy.jpg

Ok, well I was able to pull off something pretty neat yesterday which I just sent to Gamemakr24. I had the idea in my head for months but I never tried it out because I didn’t think that it was going to actually work. I couldn’t believe that when I gave it a test run it worked on the very first try. Yea! An order to complete the puzzle I created you have to definitely know your Zelda 3 stuff and be a creative puzzle solver. Come to think of it many of the concepts I’ve developed really challenge the player to think an order to advance in the game it’s almost like I’m turning some aspects of the game into an IQ test. lol But don’t worry every puzzle has a logical solution which is completely achievable the only real challenge is figuring out the solution. :)

The other day I was watching videos of a rom hack and I kept telling myself “This hack is so unfair.” Seriously, I have seen so many Super Mario World hacks which are pretty harsh and downright mean. I personally believe that a well designed hack is not one that just makes the game as hard as possible by cramming tons of enemies into a room and giving the player very little health but instead the hack should be a well thought out and planned game which is fun and enjoyable to play and this is what I strive to achieve.

Mar 19, 2009 at 12:39 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Hey guys.

I've been following this hack for years now, and can't wait until the release. Just to let people know, I worked on some aspects of Zelda: Parallel Worlds (my name was richyawyingtmv back then, and I wrote some custom music for the hack/put the original zelda dungeon theme into the game).

While that hack was technically impressive (I loved the new HUD layout and menus, and the overworld was incredible), the dungeons were terrible, and absolute torture to get through. As a person who plays games purely for fun, the masochistic level of difficulty in that hack was just too much to handle. I didn't get past the second dungeon.

I'm glad to know you're taking the difficulty into consideration and making dungeons that are actually fun to play. Think of it this way when designing the levels - would Nintendo themselves design them as they are? If the answer is yes, then you're onto a winner.

Mar 21, 2009 at 7:42 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
just a little idea that came to me that i think would be awesome to see but who knows if it is possible. i would love to see a story of link to the past where you have to go back in time, but when you go back in time it looks like zelda 1 from the nes, i know this would be a tough thing to do but hey it is just an idea lol.

Mar 27, 2009 at 7:47 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
hi. im a nwbie here. i wanted to ask you guys how i can change sprite color thats it. id like to edit some loz alttp sprites but the only program i have (hyrule magic) dosnt tell me what palette im editing. can some1 please help me?

Apr 23, 2009 at 8:09 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
wow where is everyone?

Apr 24, 2009 at 6:31 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
Me? Well, I'm still super busy with my last year of college, and I will be for another three weeks or so. That's actually what I'm doing now -- I decided to check the forum after I realized it'd take about 15 min for OpenOffice.org to download onto this campus computer. The game has been on the back burner for a LONG time now, but I have all intention of returning to my code once I have the freedom of summer break.

I should be back in action around the middle of May. :cool:

Apr 25, 2009 at 12:07 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
good luck to you and *jippie* there might be updates following soon...