Reason why The Doctor wanted Sue

Jun 15, 2012 at 10:02 PM
inside is yello
"..."
And if he had blue hair, some would say that he was Itoh's brother.

Jun 15, 2012 at 10:35 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Shimmyzmizz said:
And if he had blue hair, some would say that he was Itoh's brother.
YES.

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM
inside is yello
"..."
Yes, and what's worse, look what else I was able to discern with the assistance of an image editor.

p114633-0-2cprion.png

Terrifying, no?

Jun 16, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Clearly the reason the Doctor wanted Sue is because he is a pedophile. Why else would a grown man want a 12 year old?

Jun 16, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
You know what, due to their small, childlike size, that's probably a reason why the Doctor wanted all of the mimigas too.

Jun 16, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
You know what, due to their small, childlike size, that's probably a reason why the Doctor wanted all of the mimigas too.

A pedophile AND a furry?

I never knew the doctor was such a sexual deviant :momo:

Jun 24, 2012 at 4:51 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Blargo :D

Could you imagine if that was the translation in the game?

Jun 24, 2012 at 5:13 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
No video game is ever safe from rape theories

Jun 24, 2012 at 8:50 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Dafuq did I just read...

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:52 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Clearly the reason the Doctor wanted Sue is because he is a pedophile. Why else would a grown man want a 12 year old?

14, actually. I had Cave Story dreams before it was released. (To be specific, 3 years.)
Not jokin´. Not even a little.

Jul 6, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Hmm.. why was the Doctor so interested in capturing Sue?

Was it because he thought she would reveal the Doctor's plans (like previously stated)?
Sounds like a good reason. Although... even though Sue had plenty of time to reveal the Doctor's strategy to King and the others; she did not tell them until she was locked in a cage and staring at King for some time...

Did she think they knew about the Red Flowers? Or maybe she knew the Mimigas didn't know, and she wasn't supposed to tell them anything related to the War? Or maybe she didn't care about the Mimigas until she got to know them? [minus Toroko...]

Another reason the Doctor would be interested in Sue... Is she is a human... turned Mimiga. That would make her the perfect subject for his experiments. Seeing as the Red Crystal was designed to work on humans. Perhaps she was the final component he needed to figure out how to make the Red Flowers work on humans.
Or perhaps he just wanted to see if humans turned Mimiga could be used like regular Mimigas [the red flower]. And besides any mad Doctor would be overjoyed with such an unheard of specimen. (human turned Mimiga...!?)

But... there is the matter of Itoh? I guess he ran away as well? Perhaps the Doctor got what he needed from Itoh already? Or Itoh is just too good at hiding (although it seemed awfully obvious...)

Finally, maybe Sue had been sabotaging the Doctor's plans, or just plainly pissed him off xD Sue would probably smash his foot, make a face and run... GET HER!#$^&

Something to think about... why did Itoh and Sue get turned into Mimigas, and not the others?
Did Sue do something...? Also, I wonder when Itoh and Sue got transformed... Was it before Momorin got thrown off the cliff, and Booster and Kazuma were put in jail?

I wonder what were the events leading up to Cave Story...
Thinking more about it.. I wonder if the Doctor suddenly snapped? He had been drawn to the Crown and had the humans working for him. But, suddenly he decides they are of no more use?

Back 10 years ago, did something similar happen perhaps...? Robots invade the island, Miakid gets the Crown, then suddenly at one point the robots all end up dead...? Did he betray them too?

What a treacherous crown D:

Wonder if it could be related to the original curse? When the King turned on Ballos even though he had been helping his kingdom? That would be the kind of curse that would make sense for Ballos to maybe accidently pass on...

I'm just reaching probably, but it's been a while since I thought about CS xD
It could just be in their nature to begin with and nothing to do with the crown... But, still...

Jul 11, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Banned
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
probly ransom or rape. i go with rape

Jul 11, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
It's because she was a witness to all his shenanigans; he wanted her off the streets so she couldn't tell the future police.

Jul 11, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Banned
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
case closed then?

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:29 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
hey Gwindor you forget on the first page :
4.The Doctor is CRAZY, awfull,mad... :mrgreen:

Aug 1, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Stop defiling the thread with goddamn half-assed post jesus fuck.

We have had nary a knowledge as well on why Misery really likes to turn people into mimigas.
I have a simple theory for this one:
It may not be that Sue and Itoh are SUE and ITOH. It's because they're MIMIGAS.
The Doctor really don't want the mimigas to go "Hey these guys ran away and nothing happened" and so the Doctor sought to set an example of what happens to escapees.
Of course, this really don't explain why Jack and Mahin are sent into the jail cell either, but it appears to me that that is the initial location that Misery's bubble will transport people to, and then after they (either the shovel brigade or Doctor himself) examined them and deem them fit to work then they will be sent to the normal living quarters. Jack is either taken away for work or either rebellion, and Sue taken for rebellion. Mahin stayed there because he is a fat-ass and Quote left there because he seemed dead.

And also with people who inquire what why Sue was taken to the Doctor, she may just be stuffed somewhere in a jail cell at the plantation all along and only teleported to Misery as hostage.

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:51 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
That seems like a good theory, but I just thought the doctor wanted sue because she whined a lot on the trip.

Aug 9, 2012 at 1:31 PM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Okay, bumping this because I checked through the thread and didn't find anyone with my theory.

Alright. Well.

I mentioned in the pairings thread that I think Momorin and Date were in a relationship at some point, a long time ago.

It's relatively safe to assume they've been working together for some time, although the actual length of time is debatable. They also seem to be of approximately similar age. I imagine that they had a relationship at some point -- in my mind, probably not for very long -- and Sue's father came into the picture later on.

Although I think Date was always a bit of a jerk, I can foresee Momorin's affection toward Sue's father making him grow even more bitter and resentful.

At the end of the day, I honestly believe the reason he was specifically seeking out Sue at the start of the game was largely an act of revenge (although I can accept the theory that he wanted to test out the effects of the flower specifically on a human-turned-mimiga). What tipped me off was when Momorin mentioned that "men who don't treat women with respect are barbarians" (referring to the doctor) -- definitely made me think she's seen/put up with his bullshit before.