Post your PxTone creations!

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:17 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well, another post for nobody to notice.

As you may or may not know I collect music from the Pxtone collage website. I try to keep only the good ones, but sometimes there's one that I think sounds "Sort of okay, if only it was different". Devils for Races, composed in 2007, is one such peice, and I took it and did my own version. Did I do a good job fixing it? Or did I ruin it?

Devils for Races (Original)
Noxid's Version

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:52 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Noxid, just so you know, I notice them. I'd listen to 'em if PxTone was less laggy for me. Actually, I DID listen to one of them, and that one was Gerudo Valley. I thought you did a good job.

I think I'll just stick with Orgmaker.

Jan 15, 2011 at 9:23 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Noxid said:
Well, another post for nobody to notice.

As you may or may not know I collect music from the Pxtone collage website. I try to keep only the good ones, but sometimes there's one that I think sounds "Sort of okay, if only it was different". Devils for Races, composed in 2007, is one such peice, and I took it and did my own version. Did I do a good job fixing it? Or did I ruin it?

Devils for Races (Original)
Noxid's Version

I think yours is definitely an improvement. For one thing, the intro sounded much more natural, which was my main beef with the original. The texture also has more subtlety/richness to it.

Apr 3, 2011 at 4:54 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
If at all possible, I would like to get some feedback on my "porting" of certain Cave Story songs to PxTone for my mod. The first I've done is Mimiga Village, but more will come later.
http://www.mediafire.com/?eref9crpj1apkw5

Apr 3, 2011 at 5:51 AM
"Huzzah!"
sounds great.. but isnt the tempo too high?
and also that trumpet instrument or whatever you used for that riff after the main theme... sounds kinda weird... you should change that.
it loops nicely... its great overall

Apr 3, 2011 at 5:53 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
The tempo is intentionally a little bit higher, I'm trying to find a hybrid between the "Slow" regular one and the "Hyperactive" one I used in my mod more recently.
The other instrument is supposed to be a harmonica, or something like that. I can change it if it's no good though..

Apr 3, 2011 at 6:07 AM
"Huzzah!"
Noxid said:
The tempo is intentionally a little bit higher, I'm trying to find a hybrid between the "Slow" regular one and the "Hyperactive" one I used in my mod more recently.
The other instrument is supposed to be a harmonica, or something like that. I can change it if it's no good though..

it just stands out kind of weirdly.

when i first played in mimiga village after getting out of the reservoir in your mod i thought something was wrong me... then i laughed my arse off..

May 14, 2011 at 8:02 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
This is my first time messing with music creation before, so I thought I'd follow Noxid's example and start by mimicing existing songs by ear to get a feel for what to do and slowly get more experimental from there...

only got the first segment made, my eyes are getting blurry lasdasd (ack, trying to time this song is rough) :
Mega Man II - Dr. Wily's Level 1 WIP

Only used the doukustu sounds effects, and played around with the effect thing.

... I just took off the headphones and it sounds different; not sure if I like it or not... agh time to sleep

oh yeah... I was wondering : is it possible to put pxtone songs into Cave Story? I noticed Noxid's example hack, but I don't suppose an easy way to import songs into the game was ever made, was it?

May 14, 2011 at 12:09 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Sounds pretty good to me, but I'm not the best judge of accuracy. I think the pan was handled nicely though.

Unfortunately there never ended up being an "easier" way to do the whole PxTone in CS thing, what with me deciding to develop in C++ instead. To be honest, I hardly remember how I did it in the first place >.>

May 15, 2011 at 1:31 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Downloaded your songs, nice stuff~ Also, the new Mimiga song from King's Story is a little fast, but it definitely caught my attention xD I need to play it again to remember the other songs. Oh, lol the tackle bros song was pretty good too xD Good scene.

Noxid said:
Sounds pretty good to me, but I'm not the best judge of accuracy. I think the pan was handled nicely though.

Unfortunately there never ended up being an "easier" way to do the whole PxTone in CS thing, what with me deciding to develop in C++ instead. To be honest, I hardly remember how I did it in the first place >.>
Transfer your cave story hack data to my mind before you end up like Quote!

Guess, I'll figure something out...

You liked the panning? I just changed it quite a bit xD
Fixed up the first part and added a small new part to the song, next time I upload, should be the last revision. (uploading it since I gotta leave now)
Mega Man II - Dr. Wily's Level 1 WIP Take 2

I was looking up the next practice song, and I'm thinking about doing something from Chrono Trigger... That game was the first time I remember suddenly stopping, turning up the speakers, and going wow.

May 21, 2011 at 9:23 AM
squidward
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Do either the wind scene or Tyran castle.

Anyways, the only song I ever seemed to finish in pxtone was the one I just made a few minutes ago. It's about 3:21 AM right now so you can expect weirdness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJy0UYiQJgo

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:12 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Oh hey, I hadn't noticed that before. I think it sounds pretty cool.
and if you put together a whole album for PiSTON SOURCE I will love you long time.

Anyway I have recently come across this guide to PxTone that, from a precursory glance, seems to be very in-depth and helpful. It contains not only information on the program but also how to use it, and gives examples AND tips on making music.

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:59 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Jul 20, 2011 at 3:51 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I thought it sounded pretty good as it was, the only thing I could really think of would be to add a bit more variety.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8ztxrlirebd68aa <- that is me trying to add variety
I'm not really great at this critique thing :D

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:26 AM
That sounds neat :D

I should work on that.
Okay thanks :3

EDIT: My god... my signature headbangs in time to the music... D:

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:08 AM
That's pretty sweet, but too much distortion.
Try using other groups? I dunno.

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:34 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
cultr1 said:
but too much distortion.

That's a bit broad (I do use other groups, like for the snare).

Can you be more specific?

EDIT: I tried to fix it: RUIN-1

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:59 AM
Overdrive? The audio was blowing out D:

Aug 3, 2011 at 9:35 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
cultr1 said:
Overdrive? The audio was blowing out D:

Are you sure you weren't listening to it insanely loud or something, since it wasn't blowing out on mine, and I did show it to Noxid before and that seems like something he would've commented on.

Here's one I made: Riders