Plus Porter (1.1.0.1)

Feb 28, 2018 at 7:19 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
There is a download link in the first post of this thread.

Mar 3, 2018 at 2:37 AM
War criminal
Mar 3, 2018 at 2:39 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
oh i was hopping it would happen
the only way i know is copying the asm mods into the source folder like base

Mar 3, 2018 at 5:21 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
That's... not how ASM works.
ASM modifies hacks modify the executable itself, which means they're kinda impossible to port to individual CS+ mods.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 5:59 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Mar 6, 2018 at 3:11 AM
That's... not how ASM works.
ASM modifies hacks modify the executable itself, which means they're kinda impossible to port to individual CS+ mods.
Oh this post was before I even opened cave editor. I just opened it on March the 2nd. Btw look out for my mod I will give a demo near next Monday through friday

Ether way modifying or hacking is my passion. I've been doing this since I was 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 6, 2018 at 4:00 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"

Trying to use ASM hacks with CS+ is like injecting Minetest with Minecraft Mods, it's not gonna work.

Mar 11, 2018 at 4:20 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Hayden. When I click "Open CS+ Directory", nothing happens. I read the "Readme", but that doesn't work either. How do I do it?

Mar 11, 2018 at 6:20 PM
Based Member
Hayden. When I click "Open CS+ Directory", nothing happens. I read the "Readme", but that doesn't work either. How do I do it?
Unfortunately that is a problem that some people have reported that I was unable to reproduce, and I've kind of moved on past this project, so I don't think there's much I can do. The best I can say is to either try it on a different computer, or try an earlier version of Plus Porter. If I may ask, what operating system are you running?

Also, @Windows 8 for PSP, I apologize for not getting back to you immediately, I was on a Spring Break trip and had very little internet access. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mar 11, 2018 at 6:21 PM
Pointless double post
I’m using Windows 10, but I don’t have any other PC’s, I might just try a different version of plus porter. Thanks!

Unfortunately that is a problem that some people have reported that I was unable to reproduce, and I've kind of moved on past this project, so I don't think there's much I can do. The best I can say is to either try it on a different computer, or try an earlier version of Plus Porter. If I may ask, what operating system are you running?

Also, @Windows 8 for PSP, I apologize for not getting back to you immediately, I was on a Spring Break trip and had very little internet access. Let me know if you have any other questions.
and is there a way to port it manually? it might be easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 11, 2018 at 11:09 PM
Based Member
and is there a way to port it manually? it might be easier.
Yes actually, there is. What you do is basically gather the modified resources of your mod into a folder with the format shown in the different challenges in CS+. You have .bmp images, tsc scripts, tbl files, and tileset files of the same name correspond to their names in the original game. Plus, any stage folder files or npc bitmap files that need to be replaced go in a corresponding subfolder within your mod folder to indicate to the game that those files are replaced for the mod. In the folder is also a file called mod.txt. This file has 4 lines. The first line should always be "WCVE", to help identify this is a legit CS+ mod. The next line will be a number. This number will be -1 if you want it to be a timed challenge, and a non-negative number if you want it to have save slot sets. 0 will make the mod use the same save slot set as story mode, 1 will make it use the primary mod save slot set (which is the save slot set Curly Story uses), and any number higher than that will make it use a save slot set higher than that. Just note that if you use any replaced bmp resources in either the Npc or Stage folder (I don't remember which, or it may have been both), then your mod will not run properly. This is a glitch with Cave Story+. The next line after that will be the name of the mod that appears in the challenge menu. The next line after that will be a quick blurb about the mod itself. As an example for mod.txt, here's what the mod.txt file for Curly Story says:
Code:
WCVE
Curly Story
Play Cave Story as Curly Brace!

This folder then goes in the "data" folder in Cave Story+, and then you will see a text document called "mods.txt", and then you will want to follow the instructions in that text document for making your mod show up.

If you want to manually install a port that has been generated by Plus Porter, then simply place the mod's folder in the data folder, remove the extra 5th line in the mod's "mod.txt" file, and make whatever that 5th line was the requirement for unlocking the mod as described in the "mods.txt" file in the game's data folder. Just note that this will only work for mods that don't use partially modfied spritesheets. If you use this manual mod porting technique for mods which utilized the graphics filtering feature, some of the graphics in your mod are going to look like they got put through a wood chipper.

Mar 11, 2018 at 11:14 PM
Yes actually, there is. What you do is basically gather the modified resources of your mod into a folder with the format shown in the different challenges in CS+. You have .bmp images, tsc scripts, tbl files, and tileset files of the same name correspond to their names in the original game. Plus, any stage folder files or npc bitmap files that need to be replaced go in a corresponding subfolder within your mod folder to indicate to the game that those files are replaced for the mod. In the folder is also a file called mod.txt. This file has 4 lines. The first line should always be "WCVE", to help identify this is a legit CS+ mod. The next line will be a number. This number will be -1 if you want it to be a timed challenge, and a non-negative number if you want it to have save slot sets. 0 will make the mod use the same save slot set as story mode, 1 will make it use the primary mod save slot set (which is the save slot set Curly Story uses), and any number higher than that will make it use a save slot set higher than that. Just note that if you use any replaced bmp resources in either the Npc or Stage folder (I don't remember which, or it may have been both), then your mod will not run properly. This is a glitch with Cave Story+. The next line after that will be the name of the mod that appears in the challenge menu. The next line after that will be a quick blurb about the mod itself. As an example for mod.txt, here's what the mod.txt file for Curly Story says:
Code:
WCVE
Curly Story
Play Cave Story as Curly Brace!

This folder then goes in the "data" folder in Cave Story+, and then you will see a text document called "mods.txt", and then you will want to follow the instructions in that text document for making your mod show up.

If you want to manually install a port that has been generated by Plus Porter, then simply place the mod's folder in the data folder, remove the extra 5th line in the mod's "mod.txt" file, and make whatever that 5th line was the requirement for unlocking the mod as described in the "mods.txt" file in the game's data folder. Just note that this will only work for mods that don't use partially modfied spritesheets. If you use this manual mod porting technique for mods which utilized the graphics filtering feature, some of the graphics in your mod are going to look like they got put through a wood chipper.

Can you make a tutorial video so it can be easier?

Mar 11, 2018 at 11:44 PM
Based Member
Can you make a tutorial video so it can be easier?
I've wanted to do that, but I've been very bad about setting aside the time for that. This is very low on my priority list, so I can't promise that that's going to happen any time in the near future. Sorry.

Mar 14, 2018 at 1:16 AM
when i used auto port it did not ported the maps. it did import the text btw

Mar 14, 2018 at 2:56 AM
Based Member
when i used auto port it did not ported the maps. it did import the text btw
What it ports depends on what check boxes you tick, as well as what files are modified in your mod. I'm going to need more details about your specific case in order to ascertain whether or not there was an error in the program.

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:09 PM
I used auto port and checked everything in the auto port dialoge

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:57 PM
Based Member
Okay, can you give me a more complete description of what you're expecting to happen, and what's happening instead? I'm still a bit confused about what parts exactly you've modified in your mod.

Mar 15, 2018 at 12:49 AM
I used auto port and i expected it to import my modded maps instead it did not import the map.
and no there is no asm hacks in the mod. cause i know asms do not work.

Mar 15, 2018 at 1:52 AM
Based Member
Can you upload a copy of the mod you're porting, and can you provide a screenshot of the auto port window before you click on the "Make port!" button?