Plantation Puppy

Do you think that there are more puppies than we see?

• YES

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Hmm, yeah, I guess

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Wierd but true...maybe?

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Not at all. You are stupid.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • NO

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 27, 2018 at 4:20 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
through the dragons obviously

one of the dragons in the egg corridor actually hatched properly (besides num. 00) and it flew with the 3 puppies to the surface

once the puppies come back the dragon and kazumas dragon will become great friends
It's implied that all but Eggs 06, 01, and 00 have been destroyed in Egg Corridor? when you get there. I doubt the Sisters would have any interest in flying any puppies to the Plantation long after you've killed them and especially long after Kazuma fled the island.

Mar 27, 2018 at 4:52 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Also how does the dog have infinite Life Pots. It's obvious it is some magic teleportation by Jenka and suspend your disbelief.

Mar 27, 2018 at 6:05 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
It always come back to this...
"So it was all your work!"

In the end, the puppies are the masters. They stay low-key but they frolic among the undead, playing with giant skeletons and sleeping casually in the open.
They can't even die. Strike them down and they will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine. Ghost puppy? More like Jedi Ghost Puppy.

You wonder why Balrog wants to leave the Island?
It's because ... he knows ... the hounds ... they are coming ...
duckhunt.gif

Mar 27, 2018 at 7:46 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The real question is how did the doggo get up there. Also how would a dragon pick up a dog.

that dogger didnt get up there, it came down from the last cave wwwwwwwwww

Mar 27, 2018 at 11:34 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Also, weren't pretty much all of the dragon eggs cracked or blown up once egg 00 was hatched? Also, i'm pretty sure sue picked out 00 for a reason. i highly doubt she would over look all of the other eggs if they were also functional

Plus, unless the puppies are immortal and have the ability of flight, i highly doubt that a puppy would not only be able to traverse last cave (Hidden or normal, that isn't my point), survive both the lava and critters, get past the red ogre, then survive all of the crusher things (i forgot what they were called), and somehow land on that very specific platofrm

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 11:47 AM
War criminal
Also, didn't pretty much all of the dragon eggs cracked or blown up once egg 00 was hatched? Also, i'm pretty sure sue picked out 00 for a reason. i highly doubt she would over look all of the other eggs if they were also functional
You guys really like to dig deeper. The reason why Sue would look past them is because they weren't ready for hatching. It explains why the other dragons (excluding the Sisters) you fight look rather underdeveloped.

Mar 27, 2018 at 1:42 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
You guys really like to dig deeper. The reason why Sue would look past them is because they weren't ready for hatching. It explains why the other dragons (excluding the Sisters) you fight look rather underdeveloped.

So yeah, it's very unlikely that the puppies somehow hatched a dragon egg or two if they were underdeveloped, which then goes back to the question of how they would even get down to the surface

Mar 27, 2018 at 3:35 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
which then goes back to the question of how they would even get down to the surface
Probably the same way as the research team.

Mar 27, 2018 at 3:40 PM
Based Member
Another thing, in the credits there is a little cutscene showing Jenka with two dogs and lots of tiny pups, whitch brings the question, how could the dogs have puppies, even if all the dogs were there?

There must have been another dog involved, because all of Jenka's dogs are male.

I checked their names, and all of them are male names.
Actually, Hajime, the sleeping puppy, is a girl. If you look in the item description, it specifically refers to that dog as female.
Jenka's pet. Spends most of her time asleep, but her dreams have been known to portend the future.

So it is entirely possible that those dogs could have reproduced amongst each other.

Mar 27, 2018 at 4:44 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Maybe the dogs are gods that just want to make Quotes life hell for their amusement by making him go on the fetch quest.

Mar 27, 2018 at 4:54 PM
War criminal
Maybe the dogs are gods that just want to make Quotes life hell for their amusement by making him go on the fetch quest.
But it was Jenka who made you do the fetchquest to begin with, making her the Devil.

Mar 27, 2018 at 5:23 PM
But it was Jenka who made you do the fetchquest to begin with, making her the Devil.
But it was Sue who made you go to Sandzone in the first place, making her the devil

Mar 27, 2018 at 5:25 PM
War criminal
I mean, she only sent you there to destroy the red flowers, there's no way she would've foreseen you meeting Android 18, capturing Snoopy five times, or killing Toronto.

Mar 27, 2018 at 5:32 PM
I mean, she only sent you there to destroy the red flowers, there's no way she would've foreseen you meeting Android 18, capturing Snoopy five times, or killing Toronto.
It was more of a joke on how annoying i find the latter half of Sand Zone, which i made due to thinking pch was joking about how many people find the dog fetchquest annoying and pointless (they even made it more pointless in the Switch port by changing the location of one of the puppies)

Edit: Apparently in the Switch port you can also carry more than one puppy at a time making it slightly less repetitive, but i didn't know that at the time of me playing, so i stand by my point

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 6:05 PM
It was more of a joke on how annoying i find the latter half of Sand Zone, which i made due to thinking pch was joking about how many people find the dog fetchquest annoying and pointless (they even made it more pointless in the Switch port by changing the location of one of the puppies)

Really? Which one?

Mar 27, 2018 at 6:08 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Well, we know one of the puppies’ master is ballos as the hologram/ghost dog says.

Mar 27, 2018 at 6:14 PM
Really? Which one?

I can't remember the name, but they moved the puppy that was sitting in front of the storehouse to the save disk located halfway to the chamber where you fight Omega
(i'd add an image, but i'm currently on my school issued Chromebook, and i haven't found a way to install Cave Story on it yet)

Edit:

Attachments

• 20180327151333_1.jpg
    20180327151333_1.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 7:36 PM
The sleepy pupper is named Hajime.

So we have six confirmed pups so far...Jenka's 5 and Ballos's 1. All but one of Jenka's pups leave and are never seen again, as far as we know. Ballos's pup was maybe killed in his magic rage, became a ghost, and haunted the hallway to his door.

Also, funny thing about Ballos' pup, he says, "That is the only way Misery can be freed..." indicating that, at one point, the pup had met and became friends with Misery, probably before the crown.

Mar 27, 2018 at 7:49 PM
War criminal
Ballos is Misery's uncle, after all.

Mar 27, 2018 at 7:51 PM
True, but that is still an important point to note.