Nostalgia'd

Sep 4, 2011 at 6:14 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
All the 5 Crash Bandicoot games on the PS1. Those definitely kept me entertained for hours on end. And then there's Spyro. Clocked the first and second one, but I regret never finishing the third. I'm hoping they all come out on the PS Store so I can buy them again, for nostalgia's sake. And before that, there was the Sega. God, Sonic was a legend to me. And Lemmings! Who could forget those lovable green haired... things. Anyway, those are some of my nostalgia moments.

EDIT: I forgot PACMAN.

Sep 4, 2011 at 6:41 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Nameisnotname said:
All the 5 Crash Bandicoot games on the PS1. Those definitely kept me entertained for hours on end. And then there's Spyro. Clocked the first and second one, but I regret never finishing the third. I'm hoping they all come out on the PS Store so I can buy them again, for nostalgia's sake. And before that, there was the Sega. God, Sonic was a legend to me. And Lemmings! Who could forget those lovable green haired... things. Anyway, those are some of my nostalgia moments.

EDIT: I forgot PACMAN.

I would've played Crash Bandicoot alot mote if the game hadn't gotten so scratched. I wasn't good at keeping my games in their cases "or off the ground" when I was 5.

Sep 4, 2011 at 6:42 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
I would've played Crash Bandicoot alot mote if the game hadn't gotten so scratched. I wasn't good at keeping my games in their cases "or off the ground" when I was 5.
Hell, if I'd been able to do that, I'd still have half of those games now. God, I miss Team Buddies as well.

Sep 6, 2011 at 9:33 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Anyone remembers this oldie?

Sep 27, 2011 at 7:21 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

relevant because it played my games
This sound brings me back...

alternatively:

Sep 27, 2011 at 10:09 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Well No surprises here, While the PS1 had great titles such as crash bandicoot and Spyro, SEGA kind of attracted me with these nice visuals :p

I love this game and its prequel Sonic Adventure 1.

Also I dont think anyone mentioned this great game

Apparently they remade this for WII sometime ago? I'll have to play it.

EDIT: I Agree with the Windows 95and98 Thing, I had one of them and I never came off it xD I had Sonic CD And all my genesis games for it :D

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:32 PM
Been here way too long...
p136117-0-win95.png

It kind of blows my mind that many of you have never seen this on a computer screen.

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:38 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Oh I've seen that. Seeing that in of itself made me nostalgia out the ass.

Alright, I mainly played computer games as a young lass. I used to play a bunch of Star Wars games with my dad. The most recent one I recall is Jedi Knight. We had another that was a demo of a game, and it was an overhead view thing a lot like the old Zelda games. You played as Luke and you, uhh, walked around and stuff. I remember you could go to Yoda's house, but the main level in the demo was a snow area.

I also played games like Ski-free, Chip's Challenge, and that one game where you're a mouse that traps cats, and then they turn into yellow poop. I forget it's name.

Oh, and my parents let me play Doom and Wolfenstein. Weirdos.

Sep 27, 2011 at 8:35 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
I've been nostalgiaing for Power Pete/Mighty Mike.

The only shitty thing is that the game costs 10$, which seems a lot for an old game. =S Oh, and they basically said "fuck you, you can't do so" if you had Power Pete and wanted to upgrade to Mighty Mike, the version where they fixed a lot of things. :(

Pangea might have made some good games, but good lord are they stingy bastards.

Sep 27, 2011 at 9:47 PM
Been here way too long...
WD said:
The most recent one I recall is Jedi Knight.
Only five dollars on Steam!
WD said:
We had another that was a demo of a game, and it was an overhead view thing a lot like the old Zelda games. You played as Luke and you, uhh, walked around and stuff. I remember you could go to Yoda's house, but the main level in the demo was a snow area.
Yoda Stories.
WD said:
I also played games like Ski-free, Chip's Challenge, and that one game where you're a mouse that traps cats, and then they turn into yellow poop. I forget it's name.
Rodent's Revenge, part of the Microsoft Entertainment Pack. If you had a Windows machine as a child and never played SkiFree, your childhood was wasted.

Sep 27, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Captain Fabulous said:
Only five dollars on Steam!

Yoda Stories.

Rodent's Revenge, part of the Microsoft Entertainment Pack. If you had a Windows machine as a child and never played SkiFree, your childhood was wasted.

Oh god, I think I actually played that as a kid. Btw, does anyone remember those cds that had like 50 or so games? One of them was a ninja game where the ai was cheap as balls. Good times, good times.

Sep 27, 2011 at 10:23 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Thank yous, Fab.

Oh yeah, huuge game nostalgia for me: Commander Keen. Especially Keen's Dreams.

My sisters and I were never able to defeat the giant Potato King. Our neighbor always had to do it for us.

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:18 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I always played Mk2 with my "frenemy". We were 2 gigantic geeks competing who is the best student. He was always Sub-Zero and I was always Scorpion.

Sep 28, 2011 at 8:08 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I remember this super old PC game ... Battle Chess :

Each have their own thing.. like the rook ...

Sep 28, 2011 at 8:55 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Ahh Mortal Kombat, such fun we used to have. Back when multiplayer gaming didn't involve sitting alone infront of your monitor.

Sep 29, 2011 at 12:47 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Back in my younger years I had a Game Gear with Columns, Sonic 2, and Sonic Chaos. On the PC, I had the ports for Sonic 3, Sonic R, and Sonic CD. Many months later, I had my first 3D console, the Play Station 1, with Spyro: Year of the Dragon, and Crash Team Racing being the first games I had for the system. That game took many hours of my childhood, and I loved every one of them. Around the time I got my PS1, my cousins introduced me to a game called Happyland Adventures (hyperlinked for those who do not know), and I enjoyed that on the PC immensely. Lastly, for the PC, my uncle introduced me to Sid Meyer's Pirates!. What I loved about the game was that all of the Caribbean could be explored, and that there would be a different experience each time (such as treasure being buried in different places in different games, different people told rumors of where your family may be, etc.)
Anyway, that's all of the Nostalgia that I have. Usually, when I look back to my childhood, I always think of those games, and they have been a great influence on my life.

Sep 29, 2011 at 1:49 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Heh I had all the Sonic PC Ports too, Sonic CD was cool but had the shitty american soundtrack -__-,
Talking of Sonic CD, I've actually JUST Finished remixing Metallic Madness (Good Future), Been playing it lately.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/448156
You'll probably like it dude.

Yeah I Had Sonic R, Sonic CD, Sonic Adventure DX for PC and also had A Mega Drive emulator and played quite a lot of them games.

Also I had a Gameboy Color when I was young with Wario Land 3 for it.. Damn that game brings back memories. My Grandma got me it for christmas and I didn't know what games to expect as Sonic wasn't on any nintendo consoles back the.
Also Links Awakening for Gameboy was amazing!

Sep 29, 2011 at 2:04 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Current Score

5.00 / 5.00 (+ 5.00)

Sep 29, 2011 at 2:57 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Heh thanks man! :')

Oct 1, 2011 at 3:38 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."

I was youngish when this came out. I loved playing it.