NIS Cave Story 3D Website

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:42 PM
inside is yello
"..."
Kick Ass said:
I doubt it... But I'm not sure. I just wanna say that I hate the picture they have of curly.... Although the other pictures are really cool.

Really? I can't stand Misery's, but I thought that the others (Curly's included) were pretty good.

Honestly, Curly's would probably be my 3rd favorite. (Behind Balrog and Sue)

Aug 17, 2011 at 6:38 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
@Shimmyzmizz Really? I thought Misery didn't look half bad. My take on Curly is the same as my take with every short-haired girl: lose the sweatpants. I don't mean to criticize too much, but I dislike the way her pants were drawn. Idk. I'm weird I guess.

Aug 17, 2011 at 10:21 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
That picture is pretty damn nice!

In the 3DS version Quote's head is a little large. In that fan art above hes skinny and looks like the "Legendary Hero". He just looks like a cartoon character in the 3Ds version, Not taking himself too serious.

The game needs to be humorous yes but Nicalis also need to think about just who there expanding on and dealing with.. You cant just go making Quote all Kiddish.. Its not his style =/

Aug 17, 2011 at 6:20 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
JetHawk95 said:
In the 3DS version Quote's head is a little large. In that fan art above hes skinny and looks like the "Legendary Hero". He just looks like a cartoon character in the 3Ds version, Not taking himself too serious.

The game needs to be humorous yes but Nicalis also need to think about just who there expanding on and dealing with.. You cant just go making Quote all Kiddish.. Its not his style =/

It's not like the new model for Quote completely matches the proportions found in his original sprites or ANYTHING! [/sarcasm]

That's really why he's the way he is in the 3DS version, you know.

Aug 20, 2011 at 4:06 PM
inside is yello
"..."
Here's a video of the game from Gamescom.

You can hear a few parts of some songs over all the talking. From what I can tell they aren't using any of the website's versions of the main theme.

Aug 20, 2011 at 4:39 PM
"Huzzah!"
Oh my god! It looks so cool ^____^

Pixel stop making me buy a 3DS, i dont want to >.>;;;

Aug 20, 2011 at 6:02 PM
inside is yello
"..."
They also added the Silver Locket and the Bubbline or as they call it "the BubbleLine" to the Items and Weapons page, respectively. As per usual, the descriptions in spoilers.

Silver Locket:
It's shaped like a fish and judging by it's current condition, it's clearly been held and treasured for many years. And apparently submerged in water...

Bubbline/BubbleLine:
Gaining access to the BubbleLine will require clever application of gelatinous materials in some rather warm areas. The Bubbleline's (Notice that they don't capitalize the L this time) three levels are each distinct in their firing patterns and damage potential. It will offer rapid-fire capabilities at Level 2, and at level 3 it can function as a shield of sorts.

One thing I noticed, they're using the green Bubbline/BubbleLine/Bubbleline for the game instead of the blue one as the artwork clearly shows.

Aug 23, 2011 at 1:51 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
At the begining of the video the guy said there would be different game modes. Yay.

Aug 23, 2011 at 1:54 AM
inside is yello
"..."
CommanderJersey said:
At the begining of the video the guy said there would be different game modes. Yay.

He did!?

I was only paying attention to his lack of knowledge of the game.
I think you might have to defeat whats-his-name first, Balrog?

I just can't wait to visit "Bushlands... or was it Grasstown?", or to get "I think it was Jellyfish Juice".

Aug 23, 2011 at 2:04 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Shimmyzmizz said:
I was only paying attention to his lack of knowledge of the game.

[\QUOTE]

As was I. I found it to be quite humorus.

Aug 23, 2011 at 4:10 PM
inside is yello
"..."
CommanderJersey said:
Only 77 more days!

Yeah, and also, so far, they always updated the characters page around noon on Tuesday.

Wow, the fact that I know and keep track of that really shows how much spare time I have.

Aug 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Igor was added to the character page. (I finally beat you to it, Shimmyzmizz!)

Once a kind and gentle Mimiga, Igor partook of the fabed "Red Flower" and transormed into a vicious monster.

I don't know why, but his artwork kind of reminds me of Donkey Kong.

Aug 23, 2011 at 10:10 PM
inside is yello
"..."
CommanderJersey said:
Igor was added to the character page. (I finally beat you to it, Shimmyzmizz!)

Once a kind and gentle Mimiga, Igor partook of the fabed "Red Flower" and transormed into a vicious monster.

I don't know why, but his artwork kind of reminds me of Donkey Kong.

Oh noes, now I am so sad. Honestly, I couldn't care less about it. That being said, I will try to beat you to the next one.

Aug 31, 2011 at 2:55 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
And the new character is...
Gravekeeper.

Here is the character description.
As the guardian of the graveyard, it's his duty to protect the final resting place of all Mimiga souls.
Also added was the ID Badge.

Aug 31, 2011 at 3:05 AM
inside is yello
"..."
CommanderJersey said:
And the new character is...
Gravekeeper.

Here is the character description.
As the guardian of the graveyard, it's his duty to protect the final resting place of all Mimiga souls.
Also added was the ID Badge.

Are you seeing something I'm not? It still hasn't updated for me. It shows the ID card, but not the Gravekeeper.

Aug 31, 2011 at 10:29 AM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
The songs are beautiful. Also the site.

Aug 31, 2011 at 11:57 PM
inside is yello
"..."
It's up for me now. Since you already said what it is, I'll just say my opinion.

First of all, why did they choose the Gravekeeper? (or as they call it, Grave Keeper)

If you give that a page, you might as well give any other unique enemy a page. Also, They didn't even have concept art, NIS America, you disappoint me.