NIS Cave Story 3D Website

Jul 28, 2011 at 8:41 PM
inside is yello
"..."
They added King under the Character's page. Here's the description for all who care to see it.
(In spoiler tags because of paranoia)

As his name implies he's numero uno in Mimiga Village. He's charged with looking after the Mimigas living in the village-a duty passed on to him by the previous leader, Arthur. He's not the friendliest Mimiga on the block, but his intentions are pure.
From what I can tell from the profiles the next to be added is Sue, followed by what looks like Misery and then obviously Balrog. After that I'm not sure.

The last one looks like another Mimiga. (Maybe Toroko?).

Jul 28, 2011 at 9:01 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
1. Quote
2. Curly
3. King
4. Sue
5. Misery
6. Balrog
7. Igor
8. Ballos?
9. Jack
10. Toroko

That is my guess for the character list.

Jul 28, 2011 at 10:37 PM
inside is yello
"..."
CommanderJersey said:
1. Quote
2. Curly
3. King
4. Sue
5. Misery
6. Balrog
7. Igor
8. Ballos?
9. Jack
10. Toroko

They couldn't use Ballos without spoilers obviously. (Not that I have a better guess.) . I can't see the Doctor in any of them and he'd be a much more obvious choice that Jack or Ballos or even Igor. (though for him, they did release a picture of him so maybe...) I guess time will tell.

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:16 AM
inside is yello
"..."
Heh, just noticed something.

Like I mentioned in some other thread, it says that Curly takes care of the Mimigas (to be fair they say Mimiga children) of Mimiga Village.

Now that they added King to that page, and more or less said that he did the exact same thing...

Actually, it just shows that whoever wrote it doesn't know the plot very well. (What next, "You must fight Igor in the Sealed Chamber to stop the island from falling" :greydroll:)

Or they were implying KingxCurly.:pignon2:

Aug 3, 2011 at 2:03 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Or they are implying that the Colons are from Mimiga Village.
Sorry for being rational, everyone.

Aug 3, 2011 at 2:13 AM
inside is yello
"..."
Captain Fabulous said:
Sorry for being rational, everyone.

Aw, rationality is boring :greydroll:

Honestly you're probably right. But still...

Aug 5, 2011 at 2:35 AM
inside is yello
"..."
Hey!

The website updated and added a character page for Sue. (As always, in spoilers)

Sue is a brave little Mimiga who's trying to stop the evil doctor all on her own. In fact, she doesn't seem to get along with the other Mimigas very well at all...

I don't remember her trying to stop the Doctor in the beginning, so much as trying to escape.

Anyway, the artwork looks great, my second favorite out of the four, with Curly's being my favorite. (What seems to be Balrog's portrait scares me, I think it has arms!)

And finally, as someone said on the game's forums, (I was reading the posts)
If you notice carefully in the box art, Curly has short hair. Strange.

Aug 5, 2011 at 6:49 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Yea, sucks that they're adding all these spoliers though.
Good thing it's nothing too big.
Loving King's design, definately my favorite.

Aug 5, 2011 at 10:09 PM
inside is yello
"..."
Someguy said:
Yea, sucks that they're adding all these spoliers though.
Good thing it's nothing too big.

What spoilers?

Except for the bit about Curly, It's really nothing you don't learn in Mimiga Village.

And as for Curly, they put her on the cover art (which I for one, like [the cover art]) so it would seem a bit odd if she wasn't listed as a character from the start, don't you think.

Aug 6, 2011 at 5:32 PM
inside is yello
"..."
Hey! (I need to stop starting my posts like this)

Yesterday NIS announced some news about the game!

Cave Story producer Jack Niida confirmed some of the new features in the 3DS version of Cave Story.

The first of these is that it will feature expanded levels. When asked further, he explains that "For the old time fans of Cave Story, there aren’t brand new stages, but what we did for these stages is we expanded it. So, there is more to it than there was before. There are new areas to explore, long time fans will definitely see the difference. Daisuke Amaya spent a long time creating this game and everything has been tweaked to fit the latest console,".

With the game being published by NIS America, it is expected that the game will feature a crossover of sorts. "You can probably expect our most popular character in there. Aside from that, you might see him as an item, as well." - Niida said. Several artwork pieces have shown Cave Story's lead character alongside Prinny, from the Disgaea and Prinny series.

Finally, Niida confirmed that the 3DS version will lack the original and DSiWare version as a bonus. His explanation for the absence is that "That’s one thing we were talking about too, but the problem was the amount of space on the card size. We sort of squeezed everything in and at this point we don’t have enough space for it."

Cave Story 3D will be released on November 8, 2011.

While I'm disappointed that there won't be any new stages, I think that if they do it right, a redesign would work.

As for the lack of the old game, honestly I don't care, probably because I have the DSiware version.

And finally, I like the idea of Prinny appearing in the game, whether as an Easter egg, or a item, or even a playable character.

But enough about what I think, what are your opinions?

Aug 6, 2011 at 5:45 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
The Wind fortress would have been cool to have. Buuut... Whatever. It looks cool. Any new easter eggs will be fun to find.

Aug 6, 2011 at 7:23 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I like the new items, it shows way more detail.
Now your 9000000 keys will all look different

Aug 6, 2011 at 8:28 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
How big are these expanded stages going to be? If there's not enough room on the card, I hope that means these stages will be pretty big.

Aug 7, 2011 at 9:31 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
the new artwork looks fantastic, my only complaint is that their heads are a smidgen too big. it looks very similar to the artwork you see in the ending credits.

also spoilers holy shit what the hell NICk

Aug 10, 2011 at 7:27 PM
inside is yello
"..."
Misery was added to the character page. They actually used some things that could be considered spoilers so...

With a seemingly limitless well of magical power, Misery shares a lot of the blame for the ongoing strife and turmoil. For reasons unknown, she seems to be in search of someone named Sue...

Before anything else, I must say, I really don't like the character art for Misery. Honestly it just doesn't look very... Cave Story-ish.

That aside, I was surprised that they would mention her creating the Demon Crown. (Yes, I know that Ballos actually did it)

Next one's Balrog. They better not mess it up.:p

Edit: They changed the graphic and added "Coming November 2011."

By the way, some time ago they added Arthur's Key as an item under the System page.

Aug 16, 2011 at 7:27 PM
inside is yello
"..."
Not to double post, but nobody else has posted so...

They added Balrog as a character. If it wasn't assumed, it's in spoilers because of... Anyway!

Meet Misery's company, Balrog. With the keen nose of a Harrier, Balrog can seek out his prey from anywhere. He's doggedly persistent and refuses to give up, as you'll soon discover for yourself.

I liked the character art for him. Not sure why, but I do. I definitely could understand someone disliking it, but I like it

Next, I know that that Harrier thing is a quote from the game, but for some reason I got a strange feeling that they were taking it seriously. It's probably just me though.

And finally, I really have no guess who the next few characters are, I guess we'll find out.

CommanderJersey said:
7. Igor
8. Ballos?
9. Jack
10. Toroko

That would probably be my best guess. (Excluding Ballos, but I have no better ideas so...)

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:05 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Actually, some of those descriptions and lists are just copies of the help file for the DSiWare version. (maybe the wii version?)

In the main menu, there's a help option which will get you to some of these descriptions WORD FOR WORD.

Someone would have to check for the Wii version, but I'm pretty sure it's the same on both.

The ones in the help file are limited to Mister Traveler, King, Toroko, Misery, and Balrog. I'm certain the character on the far-right must be Toroko for the ears.

Toroko's Description: (that they will most likely use)
What Toroko may lack in size, she makes up for with heart and charm. Easy to make friends, Toroko warmly welcomes you to the island when King and Jack question your motives.

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:50 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Welcome, RedTheGreen.

Could #8 on the character list be a new character? Since thay are expanding the stages they could possibly put in a few new characters.

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:02 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I doubt it... But I'm not sure. I just wanna say that I hate the picture they have of curly.... Although the other pictures are really cool.