"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
andwhyisit said:
Who knows, you might get lucky.[/BADPUN]

Jul 7, 2008 at 11:21 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
JacobX891 said:
Fuck you people, $100 and no more.
$101?
Again, as long as it doesn't run Vista. Though I've got an XP Pro install I can use, even if it is.
What're the system specs? Most notably, processor, memory, and video/graphics card. What kind of disc drive(s)? Wireless internet/LAN?

Jul 7, 2008 at 11:55 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I will give you TEN THOUSAND yen.

Jul 8, 2008 at 12:03 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Atravir said:
I will give you TEN THOUSAND yen.
Outbidded. :mad:

¥ 10,600 would have been better. :rolleyes:

Jul 8, 2008 at 1:06 AM
On a more related topic...
https://www.yousendit.com/download/TTdIbUpSZ1BCSWZIRGc9PQ
Voice clip of me reading some of the Doctor's lines. I had to avoid listening to it myself, 'cause otherwise I'd be too self-conscious to post it, so I don't know if it's any good. <_< If you think I'd be better suited to a different character or something, I'm open to suggestion, I don't really know who I'd be good for.

Oh yeah, getting back off-topic, you should never send an item to an online buyer until you receive the money for it. Too easy to get scammed otherwise. Though maybe I'm too used to buying on eBay.

Jul 8, 2008 at 1:30 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
True Hitoare said:
On a more related topic...
https://www.yousendit.com/download/TTdIbUpSZ1BCSWZIRGc9PQ
Voice clip of me reading some of the Doctor's lines. I had to avoid listening to it myself, 'cause otherwise I'd be too self-conscious to post it, so I don't know if it's any good. <_< If you think I'd be better suited to a different character or something, I'm open to suggestion, I don't really know who I'd be good for.

Oh yeah, getting back off-topic, you should never send an item to an online buyer until you receive the money for it. Too easy to get scammed otherwise. Though maybe I'm too used to buying on eBay.
Maybe something less "cliche supervillan" and more along the lines of "creepy doctor" (e.g. Hojo from ff7). Also you need more variation in your voice because it seems to follow the same tone throughout the script reading.

Jul 8, 2008 at 1:47 AM
Guy with Sword
andwhyisit said:
Maybe something less "cliche supervillan" and more along the lines of "creepy doctor" (e.g. Hojo from ff7).
Yeah, that'd be real helpful if FF7 actually had voice acting.

Jul 8, 2008 at 2:17 AM
I think I get what he means by "creepy doctor voice," though. I was just nervous. <_<;; And, like I said, I didn't listen to it, so that was just one take. I was also trying to avoid doing any "funny voices," so I tried to avoid straying too far from my normal voice. Hopefully I'll be more comfortable now, and can try something more specific. Otherwise, any suggestions on a character I might be better suited to?
Atravir said:
In truth, I think the voice actors should be Japanese. Not just since it's designed to be an anime, but if the game was Japanese to begin with, it's only fair.
As far as that goes, I don't think all of the voices should be Japanese, since they are, after all, from different parts of their world. Plus, some, like King and Jack, have English names. So does the Doctor (even though his real name is Japanese, will it ever get mentioned in the movie?).

Jul 8, 2008 at 2:22 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
Yeah, that'd be real helpful if FF7 actually had voice acting.
What about Crisis Core? Advent Children?

JacobX891 said:
The doctor has a Japanese name. In the Japanese version of Cave Story, the word 'Doctor' was in Japanese. Since the Japanese version is the original, his names, both 'The Doctor' and Fuyuhiko Date, are actually Japanese.
His name should have been "Date Fuyuhiko" or a romanised version of that name in the English version. It is one of two or three translation errors in the English version.

Jul 8, 2008 at 2:25 AM
Guy with Sword
Never seen them.

Jul 8, 2008 at 2:36 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
Never seen them.
Crisis Core is the prequel to FF7 on PSP (it is a game btw).

Though, WTF?! You haven't watched advent children?! Watch it now! Unless your DVD player has been magically broken since before its English release then you have no excuse.

Jul 8, 2008 at 3:43 AM
Guy with Sword
andwhyisit said:
Crisis Core is the prequel to FF7 on PSP (it is a game btw).

Though, WTF?! You haven't watched crisis core?! Watch it now! Unless your DVD player has been magically broken since before its English release then you have no excuse.
Um...I thought you said Crisis Core was a game...
As for Advent Children, I haven't watched it because I never got to finish FF7. What I did play was disc one I borrowed from a friend and played on an emulator on the computer. Honestly, RPG's begin to bore me, since it's really just a long, drawn out story with the nuisance of having to grind every thirty minutes.

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:45 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
As for Advent Children, I haven't watched it because I never got to finish FF7. What I did play was disc one I borrowed from a friend and played on an emulator on the computer. Honestly, RPG's begin to bore me, since it's really just a long, drawn out story with the nuisance of having to grind every thirty minutes.
Bu.. but.. you are making one aren't you?

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:00 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
JacobX891 said:
GAH, I STILL CAN'T FIND QUOTE'S VOICE WITHIN ME, WHAT THE HELL?!?!
Grrrrrrr... Quote, you are a slippery one...

Maybe Quotes not the one for you, Maybe curly brace ;) lol, Try jack

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:02 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
Whoops I meant advent children. ;)

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
xristosx said:
Maybe Quotes not the one for you, Maybe curly brace ;) lol, Try jack
Jack wouldn't really fit his voice. At least I don't think he would.

Jul 8, 2008 at 11:32 AM
JacobX891 said:
The doctor has a Japanese name. In the Japanese version of Cave Story, the word 'Doctor' was in Japanese. Since the Japanese version is the original, his names, both 'The Doctor' and Fuyuhiko Date, are actually Japanese.
As I said, sure, his real name is Japanese. However, as I asked, will his real name ever be mentioned? This movie is in English, right? Thus, the only name people who just watch the movie will know him by would be "The Doctor." Meanwhile, some other people, like Toroko and Sue Sakamoto, have Japanese names, even though all the talking is in English. Thus, Japanese voices would make perfect sense for them. Quote and Curly would be two more examples of characters who could theoretically have native-English-speaking (US, UK, Canada, etc.) voices.

Or you could just stick with all Japanese or all English. That works just fine, too. Not like most people in dubbed anime sound Japanese. XP
andwhyisit said:
What about Crisis Core? Advent Children?
Hojo's not in Advent Children. And I've never played Crisis Core, as I don't have a PSP.